iPhone 5 preorders begin Friday at midnight Pacific, 3 a.m. Eastern

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I can't decide. White or Black? 16 GB or 64GB? AT&T or Verizon? Wake up at midnight or wait until they go on sale? Decisions, decisions...

Just kidding: Midnight, Black, 64 GB, AT&T

Please wait until 12:05 am, so I can get online.  I need to start the rumor that the system won't be up and running until later.image

• Reply 62 of 65
    silencio wrote: »
    Just look out the window. 

See? That wasn't too hard.

My window doesn't have a view of the future. Nor does it have a view of the places to which I travel on business.

Regarding the upgrade reason, I have two:

- Because I like having the latest model and don't have any need for a justification beyond that.

- Because not taking the telco's subsidy is effectively giving them more money. I'd rather give it to Apple who make things I want rather than provide services I have no option other than to buy.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

No one here has answered my question, aside from upgrading from an older model, why would anyone upgrade from the 4S to the 5?

A video is worth a 1000 trolls. Can your 4S do this?

I'm thinking not so much.

• Reply 64 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by jouster View Post

My window doesn't have a view of the future. Nor does it have a view of the places to which I travel on business.

Regarding the upgrade reason, I have two:

- Because I like having the latest model and don't have any need for a justification beyond that.

- Because not taking the telco's subsidy is effectively giving them more money. I'd rather give it to Apple who make things I want rather than provide services I have no option other than to buy.

As far as #2, I am not sure you are giving them more money. The telcos make their money on the service contracts, not on the equipment (otherwise, how could they sell an iPhone 4 for free). The telcos are only making a small amount of money if any, which helps to cover overhead costs for support and warranty costs. In the end, Apple is still getting most of your money, either directly from you, or half from you and half from the telco.

• Reply 65 of 65
    No one here has answered my question, aside from upgrading from an older model, why would anyone upgrade from the 4S to the 5?

I'm looking forward to twice the RAM ...