Video shows BMW X5 crash into California Apple Store

Comments

• Reply 41 of 76
    All iPhones can be traceable because of the GPS. Why don't they rob some other stores? Secondly, why bother with the license plate if the car is a stolen?
  • Reply 42 of 76
    Just couldn't bring yourself to schlep burgers at a McJob like the rest of us, could you Equonne? Now you're in jail, which is marginally worse.
  • Reply 43 of 76
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    They don't bother crashing into Microsoft Stores. 

Microsoft has a plan to change all that: Metro UI everywhere.
    Something tells me it won't work.
  • Reply 44 of 76

Originally Posted by FjordPrefect View Post

Just couldn't bring yourself to schlep burgers at a McJob like the rest of us, could you Equonne? Now you're in jail, which is marginally worse.

Free room and board, free reading material, television, gym membership…

Worse?

• Reply 45 of 76
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,898member

Next purchase for the Temecula Apple Store?  Automatic bollards.  In fact I think I know what brand they will buy:

http://www.macs-bollards.com/automatic-bollards/highways-agency-approved-systems

• Reply 46 of 76

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Free room and board, free reading material, television, gym membership…

Worse?

Yeah, but it's the free sex that's the downside.

• Reply 47 of 76

Who said Samsung doesn't spend money on research?

• Reply 48 of 76

• Steve would have never let this happen.

• The window should have been wider, not just taller!

• Apple is doomed! (tm)

• It was an accident, actually, because they hit a spec bump.

• They wanted to steal a lot of the 4s because the 5 isn't worth the upgrade

• Reply 49 of 76
    " These were the Zune players of thieves." - not own
    Hilarious ! Love this quote.
  • Reply 50 of 76

“Prosecutors also allege Howard, who was on parole, has a 2010 burglary conviction from Los Angeles County and a 2008 robbery conviction,” Burge reports.

Equonne Romon Howard, 22, of Los Angeles, was arrested on suspicion of burglarizing the Temecula Apple Store. (Photo: Riverside County Sheriff's Dept.)

Equonne Romon Howard, 22, of Los Angeles, was arrested on suspicion of burglarizing the Temecula Apple Store. (Photo: Riverside County Sheriff’s Dept.)

“Riverside County sheriff’s officials said Howard used his own 2003 BMW X5 to smash through the glass storefront and metal security gate about 5 a.m. Sept. 6. Surveillance footage shows other men with their faces covered jumping out of the SUV and beginning to grab iPhones and iPads off display tables, sheriff’s officials said.”

• Reply 51 of 76

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'm sure the BMW was stolen so what do they care about a luxury car vs. a utility vehicle. But yeah the Suburban would never get stuck like that BMW.

You know, I don't think he would have gone back to retrieve the license plate if the car was stolen, which just makes the entire thing even dumber.

• Reply 52 of 76
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waverunnr View Post

Apple pilots innovative "drive-thru" feature in one of its stores.

I know you were joking, but this would actually be a good idea in most of the Apple stores I've ever visited.  There are a huge number of people that just want to get in and out and buy a product.  Having a drive-through or any kind of "express lane" for purchases might not be a bad idea. 

• Reply 53 of 76
    So what, these are the latest Apple ads?
  • Reply 54 of 76
    Equonne?

100 kinds of dumb.
  • Reply 55 of 76
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2director View Post

Stupid name (Equonne...??), stupid criminal, another stupid burden on taxpayers.

Yeah, the name (sort of) translates to "horsey"  :-)  

For the record though, people keep saying he is stupid and he probably is, but thieves are almost always actually just people with poor impulse control and/or people who just have an extremely high opinion of themselves.  Smash and grab artists are even more likely to fall into this category.  They steal because they see all the products just lying there on the display and they just want to grab them and run.  They can't understand why anyone wouldn't.  Most of us have a similar urge every now and then but it's stopped by our (normal) impulse control that our parents taught us.  

Teaching your kid to have a little humility and to delay gratification is one of the most important and helpful things you can do for them.  (I know, I know, it's pretty much the opposite of how most kids are brought up today isn't it?).  Being able to delay gratification has a huge effect on the quality of their lives and is often the difference between a lifetime in jail and a happy successful life.  You can be rich and have poor impulse control (Paris Hilton), or a genius and have poor impulse control (Phil Spector?).  Either way it's the impulse control thing that's usually the defining factor, not IQ.  

Plenty of really stupid but honest folk out there. 

• Reply 56 of 76

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I know you were joking, but this would actually be a good idea in most of the Apple stores I've ever visited.  There are a huge number of people that just want to get in and out and buy a product.  Having a drive-through or any kind of "express lane" for purchases might not be a bad idea. 

That's sort of how the Apple Store application works now; just needs to apply to all products they sell. I'd love for one account under an Apple ID to be able to purchase everything from songs to computers. Then they could cut their gift card confusion in half and just have Apple gift cards. From $15 to $2000. 

• Reply 57 of 76
    Why, it was made of one way glass, of course.

This comment gave me a good 5 minute belly laugh. It's been a while and I thank you for it.
  • Reply 58 of 76
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

September 21st dude...you are too early...now get back in line and see ya in 10 years.

• Reply 59 of 76

Say, isn't that Eric Schmidt's car?  Mmmmm, maybe not.

/

/

• Reply 60 of 76
    gazoobee wrote: »
    Yeah, the name (sort of) translates to "horsey"  :-)  

For the record though, people keep saying he is stupid and he probably is, but thieves are almost always actually just people with poor impulse control and/or people who just have an extremely high opinion of themselves.  Smash and grab artists are even more likely to fall into this category.  They steal because they see all the products just lying there on the display and they just want to grab them and run.  They can't understand why anyone wouldn't.  Most of us have a similar urge every now and then but it's stopped by our (normal) impulse control that our parents taught us.  

Teaching your kid to have a little humility and to delay gratification is one of the most important and helpful things you can do for them.  (I know, I know, it's pretty much the opposite of how most kids are brought up today isn't it?).  Being able to delay gratification has a huge effect on the quality of their lives and is often the difference between a lifetime in jail and a happy successful life.  You can be rich and have poor impulse control (Paris Hilton), or a genius and have poor impulse control (Phil Spector?).  Either way it's the impulse control thing that's usually the defining factor, not IQ.  

Plenty of really stupid but honest folk out there. 

Some psych drugs destroy impulse control, too, such as SSNRI/SSRI drugs, hence the ironic "antidepressant drugs can cause suicide" thing.