iPhone 5 arrival dates improve for some Apple customers

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 97

I never received an order update email so I can't vouch for that part of the story but it seems as though my shipping did get moved up. As I've stated in a few different posts (I apologize) I ordered through Apple's online site a 16GB Black AT&T iPhone 5 and received my "Reservation" email at 2:55 AM CDT. When I ordered the shipment time was still at 9/21.

I then received my "Complete Your iPhone Order" email at 4:01 AM CDT. In this email it promised me that I would "maintain the delivery priority of [my] iPhone order" if I completed my purchase within 24 hours.

I woke up and saw the email and completed my order by 5:53 AM CDT and was quoted a 2 week shipment time. I then checked my iPhone order status on Apple's website on Saturday and Sunday and I was still quoted a 2 week arrival. When I checked the status today (Monday) it finally corrected and gave me a "Delivers 9/21".

One thing I noticed on the email Appleinsider posted was that in the email signature it is signed "The Apple Store" and all of my emails say "The Apple Online Store". Could mean nothing just thought that was worth pointing out.

• Reply 82 of 97

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawgfan View Post

Can you explain how you know that?

In Safari, I went into Private mode. I am pretty sure that makes sure that you are reloading the page since there is not supposed to be a browser history stored. You could also go into your browser's preferences and delete cached pages and browser history.

I had the same issue - I went in about 5 minutes early and just kept hitting refresh. About 5 mins past midnight, I realized that I might be just reloading a cached page (from before the store turned on) and went into private mode. The page loaded on the first try. I posted this suggestion in the Appleinsider forum thread about ordering, and other people seemed to have the same experience.

• Reply 83 of 97

Quote:

Originally Posted by elehcdn View Post

In Safari, I went into Private mode. I am pretty sure that makes sure that you are reloading the page since there is not supposed to be a browser history stored. You could also go into your browser's preferences and delete cached pages and browser history.

I had the same issue - I went in about 5 minutes early and just kept hitting refresh. About 5 mins past midnight, I realized that I might be just reloading a cached page (from before the store turned on) and went into private mode. The page loaded on the first try. I posted this suggestion in the Appleinsider forum thread about ordering, and other people seemed to have the same experience.

Thanks for the helpful information.  I assume you mean you did this through your laptop/desktop?  I had no luck getting through on my windows PC, nor my ipad3, but when I first tried from my iphone, I got through the first try.  Can you go into private mode on the safari on the iphone (how is this done)?  This would be helpful to know for future reference.

• Reply 84 of 97

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

Thanks for the helpful information.  I assume you mean you did this through your laptop/desktop?  I had no luck getting through on my windows PC, nor my ipad3, but when I first tried from my iphone, I got through the first try.  Can you go into private mode on the safari on the iphone (how is this done)?  This would be helpful to know for future reference.

Currently there is no private mode on mobile safari, although i think they may be including in ios6. A lot of people seemed to have success with the the Apple Store app as well.

• Reply 85 of 97

Currently there is no private mode on mobile safari, although i think they may be including in ios6.

Yeah, there is.

• Reply 86 of 97

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, there is.

Thanks. I knew that they added or were planning to add sometime soon. I am a long time user of Atomic Web that already had it built in from the start.

• Reply 87 of 97

Thanks. I knew that they added or were planning to add sometime soon. I am a long time user of Atomic Web that already had it built in from the start.

No, I mean it's already in iOS 5.

• Reply 88 of 97

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, I mean it's already in iOS 5.

I got it. I think that I actually have used it. I just couldn't remember when posting.

• Reply 89 of 97

As none of our dates have changed, and there seems to be nobody that has claimed an improvement in shipping, it would seem that the letter was a fake. 

I guess the lesson is that going forward, we should avoid using the Apple Store to purchase the newest iphone.

What is going to undoubtedly tick everyone with a 2 week late delivery, will be the reports of how they had a 4-5 million supply which was given to every retail partner before they took care of the people that traditionally order early on online. 

• Reply 90 of 97

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

If anyone here has a date that was changed to the 21st from a later date would you please post the time you ordered? I'm curious to see if we can establish a feasible cut off point. I tried to order at 5am PT and was told the 28th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulrich View Post

My confirmation email arrived at 3:53 AM EST and my order still shows 2 weeks shipping for Oct 5 delivery. I'm hoping to be near the top of the list to get my deliver date moved forward. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanQ6 View Post

Brilliant.  Fake letter.  Stir the most loyal Apple boys.  Maybe enough to get a news story, or a commercial from Samsung.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theogt View Post

It's interesting that I've seen absolutely no confirmation from any other source that this is happening.

I ordered between 2:50 and 2:55 am central and go the 2 week wait.  My order status still says Oct. 5.

Just to let everyone know....this letter is not a fake. I just received my email informing me that my delivery date got moved up. Look at Post #82 for my other screenshots.

• Reply 91 of 97
    If my Oct 5th delivery holds true, what would stop me from just going to a store and picking one up and canceling my online order before Oct 5th?
  • Reply 92 of 97

That is exactly what many of us are planning on doing b/c we have our arrival dates on October 5th and better chance at getting it at the stores. Good luck!!! Now just need to find the right place to get one on the 21st!!!

• Reply 93 of 97

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhilly View Post

If my Oct 5th delivery holds true, what would stop me from just going to a store and picking one up and canceling my online order before Oct 5th?

I think that your upgrade order already in the system may prevent you from ordering another device ...

• Reply 94 of 97
    The real rub is that we can't just buy one and cancel this one. I think that is where my anger comes from. We need to cancel our orders and go to a store after our subsidized pricing is reset.
  • Reply 95 of 97
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member

what date for shipping are people getting that are ordering now?  i cancelled order and am hoping to get one at store.

• Reply 96 of 97

Quote:

I think that your upgrade order already in the system may prevent you from ordering another device ...

Can't the geniuses in the blue shirts press a couple buttons on their macs and make everything right with the world?

• Reply 97 of 97

my order shows it departed anchorage, Alaska at 1258 am on Tuesday September 18, but hasn't arrived anywhere yet? Anyone else have this? Im getting a little worried I won't get mine on Friday. If it doesn't show up somewhere tomorrow then I won't hold my breath for Friday.