Customers queue up for iPhone 5 outside Apple's Fifth Ave store

Comments

• Reply 61 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

PS: I hear iFixit will be sending someone to New Zealand again this year to buy early and then do the teardown before it's on sale or delivered to the rest of the world. Let's hoe this year the guy remembers to tell the NZ press who he works for. (edit: Make that Australia. NZ doesn't get it until the 28th.)

I'm in NZ, I remember when Apple announced that we'd be getting the 3G first, epic moment! But since then Vodafone and Apple have fallen out, so we never get them first. The 3GS, 4 and 4S have been in the 2nd group of countries.

• Reply 62 of 82
    Is there any mention of how many iPhone 5's will be in the Apple Stores? I remember when the newest iPad came out, I ordered one online but the wait was 2-3 weeks. I canceled the order and headed to Memphis and they had plenty in stock. I'm hoping this is a similar story. Any info? Suggestions?

The nearest Apple Store is 1.5 hours away in Memphis, but plan to be there on Saturday the 22nd anyways. Definitely stopping by to check!
  • Reply 63 of 82
    Ya, I mean don't get me wrong, I'm a super hardcore Apple fan who will gladly drop money blindly on anything they put out just because it says apple on the back... But this is kind of retarded lol.

I genuinely understand that feeling of "I just HAVE to have it the first day," but between sleeping on the streets for 4 night and staying up a few hours late to be one of the first people to pre-order... I'm sure glad I had a slightly tired day at work on Friday :P
  • Reply 64 of 82
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I'm thinking their moms are just happy they are out of the house for a change. :D

LMAO awesome.
  • Reply 65 of 82
    You know this is why Samsung makes that ad mocking you, right?
  • Reply 66 of 82

Originally Posted by RitaSoetanto View Post

Yeah, heaven forbid people enjoy the products a company put out. Guess Samsung doesn't want that from its customers!

• Reply 67 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I can't imaging these people are there for 5 days. How do they eat? How do they use the bathroom? How to the recharge their devices? It just seems boring.

They're all veterans of the OWS movement, so they'll shit on the nearest vehicle.

• Reply 68 of 82
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    xidigital wrote: »
    2 million handsets at an average $700/unit - $1.4 billion revenue. In 2 days! That will equal to about $700 million in profit.
    Lets take the first weekend of sales at the same rate (2x iPhone4S) - 8 million handsets. $5.6 billion revenue, $2.8 billion in profit.
    That's just a prediction, but Apple might be able to EARN (profit) $3.5 billion dollars during the iPhone 5 launch. WOW.

Sorry, but $1.4 B in revenue does not generate $700 M in profit. While it's possible that the gross margin is 50%, that is not profit.

Take a basic economics course.

Well, yes. It would be bad PR for Samsung to say "we're jealous that people really WANT Apple products and we have to make slavish copies of Apple products in order to get any sales."
  • Reply 69 of 82

• Reply 70 of 82

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Had to go back through your posting history to see if you were serious.

You seem to be…

• Reply 71 of 82

You seem to be…

You gotta admit it is kinda funny.
  • Reply 72 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You seem to be…

Putting Apple users down as sheep makes them feel better about themselves. Don't take the one thing that makes them happy in life away from them. image

• Reply 73 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Well, that's the whole point. Everybody doesn't do this all of the time for different products, especially not for shitty and crappy Android and Samsung phones.

I wouldn't wait in line for 1 single second for an Android phone and neither would the vast majority of sane people on this planet.

If there was ever a big line for any Android phone, everybody would know that it was a stunt and the people standing in line were paid actors, as very few people would be that stupid as to waste their time on complete garbage.

People waiting in line for Apple products is completely understandable, as there is an insane demand, and people would rather have it now, instead of weeks or months from now. If somebody is paying good money for a product, they might as well get as much use out of it as they can.

People are always lining up for new Samsung products; each time this happens, Samsung can make a new commercial.

Cheers

• Reply 74 of 82

Anyhow, iPhone is still the King

• Reply 75 of 82

Anyhow, iPhone is still the King

• Reply 76 of 82

i thik buy one!!

• Reply 77 of 82

i thik buy one!! image

• Reply 78 of 82

I have only one thing to say to all those silly, nerdy, Apple fanboys who would sit outside an Apple store for days to buy an obviously overpriced, boring, marginal upgrade to a so-called smart phone with too small a screen and no physical keyboard...

HERE'S TO THE CRAZY ONES! (-;    ;-D

• Reply 79 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by waybacmac View Post

I have only one thing to say to all those silly, nerdy, Apple fanboys who would sit outside an Apple store for days to buy an obviously overpriced, boring, marginal upgrade to a so-called smart phone with too small a screen and no physical keyboard...

Just curious - what phone do you own?

• Reply 80 of 82

Quote:

Originally Posted by waybacmac View Post

HERE'S TO THE CRAZY ONES! (-;    ;-D

Just to be clear, this was my attempt at sarcasm. Not well done. Sorry. Last line was meant to be an homage. Perhaps it would have been better if I had written, "I have only one thing to say to all those silly, nerdy, CRAZY Apple fanboys…"

Proud iPhone owner.