Apple to seek $3 billion in damages from Samsung - report

Comments

• Reply 81 of 118
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    russell wrote: »
    You should take your own advice.  Market share is not the deciding factor when determining if a company engaged in antitrust activities.
    Just look to the current Apple ebook price fixing lawsuit.

That's true, but I'm still waiting for one of the apple haters to explain how enforcing their patents via the US courts somehow makes Apple guilty of an antitrust violation.
  • Reply 82 of 118

Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

It's people like this that make one think you ought to have to have a license to post on the Internet.

The real-world equivalent of that is private forums where you can be banned for not meeting a standard. We've very loose standards, is all.

Originally Posted by criscoso View Post

It was just an expression, not writing to you btw.

No, you were writing to all of us, projecting the standard, stereotypical, "stale", "boring", and all the other nonsense.

• Reply 83 of 118

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Check again IBM is doing quite well.

Hahahah, you know how big was IBM??

They are a portion of what they were.

I'm not saying they will disappear, neither Ms.

• Reply 84 of 118

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The real-world equivalent of that is private forums where you can be banned for not meeting a standard. We've very loose standards, is all.

No, you were writing to all of us, projecting the standard, stereotypical, "stale", "boring", and all the other nonsense.

You don't know me, I'm far from standard.

All you fanboys are so predictable, it's so easy to upset an Apple fan.

So standard, so "I buy an iPhone because is fashion", so standard that you have one phone, one OS, one way of thinking, nothing different than the old IBM PC.

You saw the famous Macintosh 80's ad? It make me laugh, because that commercial reminds me about Apple now. LOL.

See you in the cyberspace!! or not!

• Reply 85 of 118
    neo42 wrote: »
    Feels like Apple trying to set the stage for an industry wide antitrust lawsuit.  Playing with fire, IMHO

Protecting ones patents and trying to get the highest award is not anti competitive behavior.
  • Reply 86 of 118

Originally Posted by criscoso View Post

You don't know me, I'm far from standard.

I know you have zero legitimate reason for being on our website.

So standard, so "I buy an iPhone because is fashion", so standard that you have one phone, one OS, one way of thinking, nothing different than the old IBM PC.

You saw the famous Macintosh 80's ad? It make me laugh, because that commercial reminds me about Apple now. LOL.

The use I've gotten out of this JUST TODAY tells me that it was a good idea to go ahead and make that list.

• Reply 87 of 118
    criscoso wrote: »

Hahahah, you know how big was IBM??
    They are a portion of what they were.
    I'm not saying they will disappear, neither Ms.

They were bloated. They could've been immensely huge they had done like Apple and kept a tight control over hardware and software.
  • Reply 88 of 118

Quote:

I'm not ignorant, and to inform you my IQ is 148.

But it's clear that you are a fanboy, I'm fan-nothing. LOL

Please use some of that IQ to improve your grammar. It's painful to read your posts.

• Reply 89 of 118

Quote:

I know you have zero legitimate reason for being on our website.

The use I've gotten out of this JUST TODAY tells me that it was a good idea to go ahead and make that list.

I own Apple products for years, my first one was a Macintosh Plus.

Just because I disagree with something don't make me a zero legitimate, I we think all the same, what's the point for a forum, self-masturb....?

31 do not apply, but 30 applies to so many!

46, sorry for you, but not just today, I've got it several years ago. Since all the "developers have to do what I say, or nothing, but I don't give you a clear list of what not to do" verbiage from the first iPhone years.

You got something about the iEye from Futurama?

• Reply 90 of 118
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member

Well, there may be a loose standard, but it's very unevenly enforced. I was banned for calling someone a troll.
  • Reply 91 of 118

46, sorry for you, but not just today, I've got it several years ago. 

You don't seem to understand the point of the list. It's a list of lies. Lies the trolls use. Lies only trolls use and things only trolls say. Copied and pasted, almost to the letter, across dozens of accounts and hundreds of posts.

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I was banned for calling someone a troll.

I think it was more just a generic insult against a user than for that, but I wasn't paying attention to that conversation when it happened, so I can only speak out of context.

• Reply 92 of 118
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Just because I disagree with something don't make me a zero legitimate, I we think all the same, what's the point for a forum, self-masturb....?

46, sorry for you, but not just today, I've got it several years ago. Since all the "developers have to do what I say, or nothing, but I don't give you a clear list of what not to do" verbiage from the first iPhone years.

You got something about the iEye from Futurama?

19 comments total in 4 1/2 years, >80% of them today, and nearly 100% taggable as troll spew.

Hey TS...where can we find the WHOLE list of troll identifiers??

• Reply 93 of 118

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

Oh, I'm not done yet. I want to have at least 50 (I'm close) before I post it for posterity (and public addition thereto), and I want to get it organized such that the sections will flow beautifully between one another.

• Reply 94 of 118
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Oh, I'm not done yet. I want to have at least 50 (I'm close) before I post it for posterity (and public addition thereto), and I want to get it organized such that the sections will flow beautifully between one another.

Maybe it can be used as a template for trolls to follow when posting??  OR have the forum automatically tag each statement they make with the appropriate troll identifier.  Instead of spell check, it can be called "troll check"tm

• Reply 95 of 118

Quote:

You don't seem to understand the point of the list. It's a list of lies. Lies the trolls use. Lies only trolls use and things only trolls say. Copied and pasted, almost to the letter, across dozens of accounts and hundreds of posts.

Well, it's like you say then.

The Macintosh Plus is still operational, the external scsi drive is not, but you can still start the OS using a floppy drive. I got it as a museum piece, like a Quadra 950, a LCIII, ...

I'm writing that with a MacBook Pro 17 unibody early 2009, one month ago, I'd changed the batt and they knock me with a 179€ invoice. Profit profit

I perfectly get what the list is about, just was asking If you got something about iEye episode from Futurama, I see you don't.

You may need to add a list item with a ref.

I love Apple products, but don't like the way Apple is acting, for some year now. Many innovations claimings that are not, many half truths...

• Reply 96 of 118

Quote:

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

19 comments total in 4 1/2 years, >80% of them today, and nearly 100% taggable as troll spew.

Well, I usually get only the rss feed to get the news, but I had some time (not often for you luck), waiting for renders to finish.

This is a bit fascist btw

• Reply 97 of 118
    splifsplif Posts: 603member

Quote:

Totally agree with IBM and MS.

Well, I wouldn't say Google hasn't innovate, and I'm not talking only about phones here.

You have checked Android? There are many things innovative, and some copied by Apple, as I can read in some post.

But, hey!, I you like the iPhone, it's ok, but I don't, and not because of its design or interface, but for the lack of freedom.

What I don't know is if Apple will innovate again without Steve Jobs, I'm sorry but he was the heart of Apple.

He knew when something was great or not, many others rejected the iPod idea, not originally from Apple btw.

What big picture idea did google have in the Mobile market? I don't see it. The took a big paradigm shifting idea & bolted on features. They make a knock off OS for knock off phones. There is No big idea. Anyone can add features. Apple does this major update once a year. That is there schedule. So how do you know what was being added when? Do you really think the next big idea will come from the advertising company called Google?

• Reply 98 of 118

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splif View Post

What big picture idea did google have in the Mobile market? I don't see it. The took a big paradigm shifting idea & bolted on features. They make a knock off OS for knock off phones. There is No big idea. Anyone can add features. Apple does this major update once a year. That is there schedule. So how do you know what was being added when? Do you really think the next big idea will come from the advertising company called Google?

Well I'm not a Googlefan, or fandroid like you say.

Google has its good and bad things, like all.

But I didn't call Google an advertising company, even if their business is mostly advertising.

Google created a very good search engine that kicked all others out, and many other technologies everybody uses everyday.

And innovates, like selfdriving cars, google glasses (I know, they are in early stage and I didn't advertise them so early like they did), and others.

I don't hate Google, I don't hate Apple.

• Reply 99 of 118

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Well, there may be a loose standard, but it's very unevenly enforced. I was banned for calling someone a troll.

Quote:

I think it was more just a generic insult against a user than for that, but I wasn't paying attention to that conversation when it happened, so I can only speak out of context.

Tallest Skil will delete your posts if he doesn't like them. Even if they do not violate TOS.  But he somehow leaves his that violate TOS.

Claiming he was not part of a conversation is bs. I can show you a conversation where he was a part of, but he deleted my post that did not violate TOS.

• Reply 100 of 118

Originally Posted by Russell View Post

Tallest Skil will delete your posts if he doesn't like them. Even if they do not violate TOS.  But he somehow leaves his.

Nope. Didn't touch that post. If you wish to keep contesting moderator actions (which is, on most other websites, completely disallowed), please do it via PM.