First look at Apple's new Palo Alto retail store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 61
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Link to the post in 2010 is dead. (even after removing the extra code at the end of the URL)

Here you go: http://appleinsider.com/articles/10/04/05/steve_jobs_appears_at_palo_alto_apple_store_for_ipad_launch
  • Reply 22 of 61
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    So, Palo Alto has a population of 64,000 and Stanford University, Palo Alto has a population of 20,000, yet we have 2 stores in Palo Alto. While Southern Ireland has a population of 4.5 million, and we have zero Apple Stores?
  • Reply 23 of 61
    ireland wrote: »
    So, Palo Alto has a population of 64,000 and Stanford University, Palo Alto has a population of 20,000, yet we have 2 stores in Palo Alto. While Southern Ireland has a population of 4.5 million, and we have zero Apple Stores?

If that's how you want to play it then you have a long time to wait because India has a population of 1.2 billion, or 269 Irelands. In fact, you're pretty much half down the list on the populations of countries which puts more than 100 countries between you and an Apple Store.
  • Reply 24 of 61

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Has Apple started building their new spaceship campus? And when is it supposed to be completed?

Later this year and finish by 2015 for moving in date, see link http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/06/apple-campus-floorplans/

• Reply 25 of 61

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Solipsism X used India, but taking Singapore with 5,183,700, you do not see an Apple store and U can bet, that country sells more Apple products than Ireland.

• Reply 26 of 61

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

here in portugal we have more than 10million without a single Apple Store... Samsung runs the show in these poor european countries.

• Reply 27 of 61
    souliisoul wrote: »
    Solipsism X used India, but taking Singapore with 5,183,700, you do not see an Apple store and U can bet, that country sells more Apple products than Ireland.

It's also a denser population and I believe the GDP per capita about 50% higher, but I don't know how I seem to remember that or even if it's accurate today.
  • Reply 28 of 61
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's also a denser population and I believe the GDP per capita about 50% higher, but I don't know how I seem to remember that or even if it's accurate today.

Yup. They don't drop stores in places where there are a lot of people; they drop stores in places where there are a lot of rich people.

• Reply 29 of 61
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Is it supposed to be any different? Just judging by the pictures, it looks like any other Apple store.

I also saw a few pictures from Microsoft's temporary store in Times Square for their tablet launch, and it really is pathetic how everybody is trying so hard to be Apple now.

Temporary??

So when folk want to return their Surface tablets, the store has just ... vanished??

• Reply 30 of 61
    rayz wrote: »
    Yup. They don't drop stores in places where there are a lot of people; they drop stores in places where there are a lot of rich people.

So we can expect Apple to open a Gangnam Store? :D

• Reply 31 of 61
    Temporary??

So when folk want to return their Surface tablets, the store has just ... vanished??

Microsoft is BrigaDOOMed!*

* Was this comment too esoteric? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigadoon
  • Reply 32 of 61

Originally Posted by Rayz View Post

That's a good way to get retention. 

Windows 8 launches… one week later, all Microsoft Stores disappear from all malls across the country. No mention of them in even the oldest directory map. And thanks to a single line in the warranty of the Surface whereby it may only be returned to a physical Microsoft Store, they can report the grand success of their tablet sales. 

At least until the class action comes in.

• Reply 33 of 61
    Temporary??

All sales are final.
  • Reply 34 of 61
    All sales are final.

I'm pretty sure they have a 14 day return policy, at least in the US. Not sure about a restocking fee.
  • Reply 35 of 61

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I think you're right. He would've made them turn those two front glass panels into one huge, heavy glass panel.

Yup, like Chicago’s store:

• Reply 36 of 61

We should file a rdar:// bug on this building.

• Reply 37 of 61
    citycity Posts: 522member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacinTek View Post

I'll miss the old store. It was, ironically, located in the old Swain's House of Music... hence the mosaic lyre in front of the entrance.

This is a perfect location for a Microsoft store, as are the other store locations abandoned by Apple. 

• Reply 38 of 61
    city wrote: »
    This is a perfect location for a Microsoft store, as are the other store locations abandoned by Apple. 

MS should just buy all the old locations no longer used by Blockbuster or Borders¡
  • Reply 39 of 61
    citycity Posts: 522member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

MS should just buy all the old locations no longer used by Blockbuster or Borders¡

Apple took the Borders location in Santa Monica California.

• Reply 40 of 61
    city wrote: »
    Apple took the Borders location in Santa Monica California.

LOL I didn't know that. Isn't that rather big for an Apple Store?

Must be for all those Apple HDTVs that are coming¡