AppleInsider Mobile Version Feedback

Comments

• Reply 21 of 85
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

I cannot see how to get to the mobile version. There are no buttons in the footer that I can see.

• Reply 22 of 85

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I cannot see how to get to the mobile version. There are no buttons in the footer that I can see.

Must not be public yet. Want into the beta to try it out?

• Reply 23 of 85

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Must not be public yet. Want into the beta to try it out?

Sure. What do I need?

• Reply 24 of 85

Sure. What do I need?

Me to add you to the group, which I just did. Refresh your pages and you should see the button! If not, clear your cache.

• Reply 25 of 85

Quote:

Sure. What do I need?

Me to add you to the group, which I just did. Refresh your pages and you should see the button! If not, clear your cache.

Thanks - that worked. I'll check it out.

• Reply 26 of 85
    Doesn't work on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1
  • Reply 27 of 85

Been waiting for this to happen for such a long time, but I guess that it has been taken down because I absolutely do not see it. That or I must be blind.

• Reply 28 of 85
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Been waiting for this to happen for such a long time, but I guess that it has been taken down because I absolutely do not see it. That or I must be blind.

If you do not see a toggle at the very bottom of this page, it's still in beta phase, and people are added when they request to be added. TS, can you add einsteinbqat?
  • Reply 29 of 85
    Better, not great. The whole quote and reply button thing is clumsy. But the margins are better and the lack of screen hogging ads is a vast improvement.

However having to go back to desktop to go back to the article view because the 'home' in the sidebar which is labeled as Appleinsider takes me to my forum home, no bueno
  • Reply 30 of 85

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

If you do not see a toggle at the very bottom of this page, it's still in beta phase, and people are added when they request to be added. TS, can you add einsteinbqat?

Sure can. He should have access now.

• Reply 31 of 85

Could I be put in the 'beta program'?

Thanks

• Reply 32 of 85
    Still not seen, can I be in the beta, sounds neat.
  • Reply 33 of 85
    jeffdm wrote: »

Sure can. He should have access now.
    Great! It's working fine, and it's definitely faster than loading the desktop version. Hallelujah!
  • Reply 34 of 85
    There must be an easier way to quote and reply than this current two-step method. Perhaps replacing the two steps with a single tap on the quote link/button?
  • Reply 35 of 85
    We need a faster way to access the forums from the mobile news home page (http://iphone.appleinsider.com).

Right now, you have to
    1) manually type the URL in the address bar, or
    2) open a news article, and click on "comments".
  • Reply 36 of 85
    Page changing buttons should be much, much, smaller, and be located both at the top and bottom of a discussion page.

Right now, the only way to change page is to scroll completely to the bottom.

[S]A button allowing a "jump to page #" would be a good addition, too.[/S]
  • Reply 37 of 85

Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

A button allowing a "jump to page #" would be a good addition, too.

It's there. You have to type in a number manually.

It SHOULD be one of these:

• Reply 38 of 85
    Mobile Safari
    iOS 6
    iPhone 4S

Bug? Explanation:
    If there is more text than the height of the text entry field, selecting text upward is very choppy/difficult or downright impossible whereas selecting downwards is somewhat easier, but not fluid. That cannot be normal behaviour, can it?

Look at these photographs:

Photo 1
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/15684/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Photo 2
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/15691/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Photo 3
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/15693/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

On photo 1 & 2:
    You see that there is no text above Mobile, but you see that there is more text than the text field height. Now, try to select text going upward starting from the word "Explanation" to "Mobile". As you can see on Photo 2, the text field goes down, and the selection stops at the blank line above "Bug". If you manage to get to the top, that us good. You have good perseverance. ;)

On Photo 3:
    You see that there is text above and below that we do not see. Now try to select text from, say, the word "text", and try to go as far upward as possible. You will fail or succeed with difficulty.

I hope you guys get what I am trying to point out.
  • Reply 39 of 85

I stand corrected on that point

Quote:

A button allowing a "jump to page #" would be a good addition, too.

It's there. You have to type in a number manually.

What is the below photo supposed to represent

• Reply 40 of 85

What is the below photo supposed to represent

I forget the name. One-a them dropdown menus. I'll find it.

Oh. Really? That's the name? Huh. Thought it was something more descriptive.