Physicians excited about lab coat pocket-ability of Apple's iPad mini

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64

I'm in med school and I was waiting for the ipad mini exactly for this reason. I'll get it just before I start my clinical rotations. Do most hospitals now have free wifi throughout the hospital? If not, I'll have to get one with 3g cellular.

• Reply 62 of 64
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

A problem with text communication is that sarcasm and mockery gets confused for being defensive. Sometimes sarcasm and mockery is a defense mechanism, but I just laughed.

Haters calling Apple products toys is part of a defense mechanism to minimize and rationalize away Apple's successes.

Apple's movements are often exaggerated versions of what we see on the NASDAQ index. Some of that is because Apple is in the index, but rarely does Apple go down without other stock also going down too. The DJIA is down too. Most of the tech stock I'm watching is down. Google is up by a tiny sliver though.

JeffDM - if you check a year of stock values, Apple is up by around $180ish and Google is up by about $90. I suspect you are right - it is the market not just Apple.

• Reply 63 of 64
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    mhikl wrote: »
    JeffDM - if you check a year of stock values, Apple is up by around $180ish and Google is up by about $90. I suspect you are right - it is the market not just Apple.

At that moment, I meant over a much shorter period of time, a day or two. I think it would be better for everyone if they looked at things over a longer time period a lot more often though.

A common comment that people make is "Apple did X yesterday, that is why they're down today" while completely missing all external influences. This is why I made that previous reply. It is called a post hoc ergo propter hoc argument, and it's a logical fallacy. I will specifically note that amoradala did not make this kind of comment, but I made a note to help clarify a commonly comment.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    In their own words, Epocrates sells 'Influence at the Moment of Decision' to big pharma. Check out their sales pitch for pharma companies to buy advertising with them below.

http://www.epocratessolutions.com/suite-of-solutions

Google 'unbiased medical apps' for more information and better options.