Apple looks to add Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1, Google's Jelly Bean OS to lawsuit

Comments

• Reply 21 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Intelligent people know the truth. Trolls misuse quotes.

Oh, but that fits a rule.

The higher the voice the smaller the intellect.
    Ernest Newman
  • Reply 22 of 63

Quote:

Intelligent people know the truth. Trolls misuse quotes.

Oh, but that fits a rule.

The higher the voice the smaller the intellect. 

Ernest Newman 

• Reply 23 of 63

@Tallest Skil. You are so right!

A good citation to your claim can be found on:

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/kirby_ferguson_embrace_the_remix.html#t=7m25s

• Reply 24 of 63

Continue making new accounts here and we'll report you to the authorities. Spam is illegal.

• Reply 25 of 63

Who is that directed too?

• Reply 26 of 63
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    I just switched to android from Apple on everything except my laptop. I just enjoy the variety of hardware and after being a iPhone/ipad user from when they were first introduced (and every version since), I just enjoy the choice of hardware/software. To me the android based stuff just works better - but thats me. Particularly after using my Galaxy Note II running jellybean - no way i would go back to the iPhone. Nexus 7 - same thing just better than my ipad or the mini (which was the first apple product I didn't buy).

These lawsuits will go on for ever but I think Apple is behind the curve now. Laptop and MAC OS X is still supreme though. 

It's great that you have a preference for Android and the "HW" it offers. No one reasonable would deny you your opinion of what you like better, but your reasons regarding HW don't sound rational. You'll have to be specific about the variety of "HW" if you want your comment to be taken seriously.
  • Reply 27 of 63

Originally Posted by wallop View Post

Who is that directed too?

It knows who it is. Hopefully it gets the message.

• Reply 28 of 63
    ewlwmggw wrote: »
    Here's an idea Apple, start using all that suing money for something that will keep customers happy

These kinds of correlations are stupid. Do you honestly think Apple execs are sitting around wondering if they should sue to protect their IP or just give away HW instead? In what fucking world do you live that that sounds reasonable?
    like maybe quit charging us a $100 more for 16GB more Flash memory in the iPads. How long will they keep that lame price point on those things??

It would be nice if they charged less for doubling the storage capacity but then you get people saying "it's only x-amount more so I'll get the higher capacity device. If you only charged $50 for each jump then the 64GB would sell a lot more units than the 16GB model. You think that's good except that Apple runs out of the high-capacity models a lot faster, too few people by the low capacity model, and they'll probably have to can it like they did with the short lived 4GB iPhone.

On top of that you now have an issue with the product category's profit margin so you don't have the entry price being $399 with the 64GB at $499, instead you have the entry price at $499 with the 64GB model at $599 which just makes it more difficult for people to buy at the low and mid-range and too many people buying the 64GB model.

And what happens when they double up again and it's 32GB, 64GB and 128GB. Should it just be $100 between 32GB and an additional 96GB just because you say so? Who the **** are you to state this as some universal fact about a company should its business?
    Come on, we all know that flash memory is getting cheaper everyday.

Do we? I haven't seen any reports on NAND futures from the NYSE¡ By now everyone should be well aware of the issues with NAND and Moore's Law.
  • Reply 29 of 63

I think I just responded to him. He's the only one that posts just drivel.
  • Reply 30 of 63

In that case,

If I wonted to spam I would put something like:

http://www.amazon.com/Critical-Reasoning-Introduction-Anne-Thomson/dp/0415445876/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352245950&sr=1-2&keywords=Critical+Reasoning+anne+thompson

So that some of the  posters here could learn to work things out for themselves without having to resort to rhetoric Ad nauseam.

• Reply 31 of 63
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewlwmggw View Post

Here's an idea Apple, start using all that suing money for something that will keep customers happy

You're delusional. 

Apple dominates customer satisfaction with all of their products, often by a wide margin, and for years and years now. Every single iPhone and iPad that has ever existed, for example - EVERY SINGLE ONE, has ruled customer satisfaction with an iron fist. 

Just now, Apple was able to sell 3 million iPads in THREE DAYS. 

Happy with Apple gear? No. Consumers aren't just happy. THEY ARE ADDICTED. And they keep wanting more.

• Reply 32 of 63
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,097member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I think I just responded to him. He's the only one that posts just drivel.

Oh come on!! Which one was it?!!

• Reply 33 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewlwmggw View Post

Here's an idea Apple, start using all that suing money for something that will keep customers happy like maybe quit charging us a $100 more for 16GB more Flash memory in the iPads. How long will they keep that lame price point on those things?? Come on, we all know that flash memory is getting cheaper everyday. I'm sorry but Apple really needs to quit this same old crap that their sh*t don't stink and they will get away with anything they want. I really hope the iPad Mini is a flop because Apple priced it poorly compared to competitors and even it's own products. Don't even get me started on all their overpriced adapters you need for anything you're trying to connect to an Apple product. I've had Macs since '95 and I'm starting to lose faith in Apple and it's big head. I'm so tired too hearing about how Apple might not allow this or that in the App Store, come on, really block better options for your customers??? Their new Maps is pretty but it sucks.

finally someone with sense on here.  I've been an apple user since I bought an ibook back in 2004.  Since then I've bought a macbook, multiple ipods, an iphone, and an ipad.  However, going forward, I don't think I can stomach buying any more apple products.  It used to be that apple's interface was so good that it justified the price premium they charged.  OSX was far better than linux, and I fell in love with expose (I refuse to update my laptop beyond snow leopard, as that's the last version that can still run leopards version of expose). However, in recent years, I've found the interface on apple products hasn't improved significantly, but the competitors have.  If anything, Apple has been focusing on locking down their hardware, locking customers into their ecosystem, and making sure people can't upgrade any apple products without paying a hefty apple tax.  The flash memory pricing is just the start, and the soldering of RAM onto the MBP retina logic boards have ensured I won't buy one,and instead will be buying an ultrabook when I upgrade.  

All the while, apple's competitors are starting to get their shit together.  Android phones seem to be a valid alternative to iOS and offers far cheaper hardware (particularly off contract where carrier subsidies don't count).  In the tablet space, apple has a huge head start, and the iPad is still "the king", but if I were buying a new one, I'd likely lean toward the new Nexus 10 instead.  It just seems like a better product that doesn't try to force the apple way upon me (although I do wish it had an SD slot).  iPods don't really matter much now.. I figure my next phone will be an android phone with an SD slot.  I can buy a 128GB SD card for ~$100 by then, and then I can replace my ipod classic with something that's solid state and cheaper than apple's alternatives.  

It might take a while before other customers realize this, and apple is still #1 is industrial design, but the competition is starting to step up, and I've heard more and more people in the tech industry who are starting to get disgusted with apple's ways.  The lawsuits against any and everyone, the refusal to license patents reasonably, the strong arming of competition, and the seeming belief that they're unstoppable, and above the law.   Apple is becoming arrogant with their lead, and I see in the future ios being limited to a niche market that they have with desktop computers.  Of course, it all depends on if the courts decide to be reasonable and not allow apple to patent the rectangle.

Phil

• Reply 34 of 63
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Oh come on!! Which one was it?!!

Patrick Apple.

And I saw the ZZZ sniffing around here the other day as well.

Return of Living Dead.

• Reply 35 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by philgar View Post

finally someone with sense on here.  I've been an apple user since I bought an ibook back in 2004.  Since then I've bought a macbook, multiple ipods, an iphone, and an ipad.  However, going forward, I don't think I can stomach buying any more apple products.  It used to be that apple's interface was so good that it justified the price premium they charged.  OSX was far better than linux, and I fell in love with expose (I refuse to update my laptop beyond snow leopard, as that's the last version that can still run leopards version of expose). However, in recent years, I've found the interface on apple products hasn't improved significantly, but the competitors have.  If anything, Apple has been focusing on locking down their hardware, locking customers into their ecosystem, and making sure people can't upgrade any apple products without paying a hefty apple tax.  The flash memory pricing is just the start, and the soldering of RAM onto the MBP retina logic boards have ensured I won't buy one,and instead will be buying an ultrabook when I upgrade.  

All the while, apple's competitors are starting to get their shit together.  Android phones seem to be a valid alternative to iOS and offers far cheaper hardware (particularly off contract where carrier subsidies don't count).  In the tablet space, apple has a huge head start, and the iPad is still "the king", but if I were buying a new one, I'd likely lean toward the new Nexus 10 instead.  It just seems like a better product that doesn't try to force the apple way upon me (although I do wish it had an SD slot).  iPods don't really matter much now.. I figure my next phone will be an android phone with an SD slot.  I can buy a 128GB SD card for ~$100 by then, and then I can replace my ipod classic with something that's solid state and cheaper than apple's alternatives.  

It might take a while before other customers realize this, and apple is still #1 is industrial design, but the competition is starting to step up, and I've heard more and more people in the tech industry who are starting to get disgusted with apple's ways.  The lawsuits against any and everyone, the refusal to license patents reasonably, the strong arming of competition, and the seeming belief that they're unstoppable, and above the law.   Apple is becoming arrogant with their lead, and I see in the future ios being limited to a niche market that they have with desktop computers.  Of course, it all depends on if the courts decide to be reasonable and not allow apple to patent the rectangle.

Phil

The competition is 'stepping it up', because they're imitating Apple.

And Apple's products don't change much from iteration to iteration because they got it right the first time.

"The grass is always greener on the other side".

• Reply 36 of 63

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Patrick Apple.

Return of Living Dead.

I have no idea why these accounts are allowed to even LOG IN, much less LOOK AT THREADS. Their group permissions state that this should not be possible, and yet there they are.

• Reply 37 of 63
    gtr wrote: »
    The competition is 'stepping it up', because they're imitating Apple.

And Apple's products don't change much from iteration to iteration because they got it right the first time.

"The grass is always greener on the other side".

"imitating Apple..."

like?
  • Reply 38 of 63

Quote:

It puts the lotion on its skin.

• Reply 39 of 63

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

"imitating Apple..."

like?

I'm sorry, Absolute.

It's not my job to educate you.

That was your mom and pop's job.

• Reply 40 of 63
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,097member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Patrick Apple.

Return of Living Dead.

I guess I'm a little confused.  If he's a zombie, why is his post still up?  Ban him, do a techstud-wipe from existence and be done with it.  Am I missing something?