Apple looks to add Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1, Google's Jelly Bean OS to lawsuit

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    quest01 wrote: »

In essence you can because iOS1 to ios 6 have always had a buttery smooth, and fluid user experience while all of a sudden Android 4.1 contains project butter that blatantly copies ios in terms of fluidity. I think Apple has a point here to go after Android 4.1 to try in there best interests to remove project butter and revert back to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.

Being "more responsive" is not patentable. If Google achieved this by using code from Apple then Apple can sue but that would be a silly suggestion. Now there are patentable actions that Apple might be able to sue over like the way the UI bounces at the end of a scroll, but this is in no way the same as making a UI more responsive.

Project Butter should be commended for being a radical jump in the user experience for Android OS even though it pales in comparison to what Apple accomplished with iOS back in 2007 with a 412MHz/65nm/ARMv6/ARM11 ASIC with 256MB RAM.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

Quote:

Originally Posted by quest01 View Post

In essence you can because iOS1 to ios 6 have always had a buttery smooth, and fluid user experience while all of a sudden Android 4.1 contains project butter that blatantly copies ios in terms of fluidity. I think Apple has a point here to go after Android 4.1 to try in there best interests to remove project butter and revert back to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.

HAHAHA, are you serious?

I thought you were being sarcastic in your previous comment.

Believe me I see terrible lags in iPhones having had that buttery smooth experience of Jelly Bean for almost 4 months.  Things had been progressibly improving to get where Jelly Bean were, just like iPhone 5 became the fastest smartphone.  

• Reply 63 of 63
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,612member

Quote:

Originally Posted by quest01 View Post

It's about time Apple went after the main nemesis Google. Google really did copy a lot from ios with Android 4.1, it adds fluidity and more of a buttery smooth experience which copies ios 6, among other things. Google needs to learn a valuable lesson that it can't blatantly copy Apples intellectual property and patents.

Adding Jellybean itself to the suit was denied. The suit will be restricted to Samsung (and Apple) products. The Galaxy S3 and Nexus got added, as did Samsung's request to include Apple's iPhone 5 on their side of the IP infringement claims. Judge Grewel also warned Apple that if Samsung wishes to add the iPad Mini and latest iPad4 to the infringement proceedings then they should understand it will probably be allowed, based on Apple's own arguments as to why it should be allowed to add Samsung's S3.