Apple suppliers' sales surge 29% thanks to product lineup overhaul

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited January 2014
An overhaul of Apple's lineup and anticipated strong sales of those new products have resulted in a major growth spike among Apple's suppliers.

Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets tracks Apple's supply chain in his monthly "Apple Monitor" report. His latest report on Thursday revealed that key Apple suppliers saw their sales grow 29 percent year over year in the month of October.

That increase handily exceeds the average 2 percent year-over-year growth seen in the month of October over the last 7 years. The strong performance also follows a decrease of 1 percent that came in the month of September.

White said Apple's new product lineup ? which includes the iPhone 5, iPad mini, and new iPods and Macs ? is an "unprecedented" transition. He expects the recently announced products will account for 80 percent of Apple's total sales in the company's December quarter.

He acknowledged that AAPL stock has been under "selling pressure" in recent weeks, but he remains bullish on the company going forward. In fact, he has reiterated a 12-month price target of $1,111 ? a number more than double Apple's stock price as of Thursday morning.

Product lineup

"The iPhone 5 and iPad mini are blockbuster new products that we believe will prove to be big hits this holiday season and into 2013, combined with the new iPad, MacBook Pro, iMac and iPod lineup," White wrote.

His "Apple Monitor" tracks sales trends across the Taiwan supply chain at leading Apple suppliers. The companies, he said, generate a high percentage of their revenues from supplying components for Apple's products.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Apple is obviously doomed.
  • Reply 2 of 24

FWIW - Corning Gorilla glass is on EVERYTHING mobile out there. Corning stock $12/share...

• Reply 3 of 24
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Apple is obviously doomed.

• Reply 4 of 24
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

Apple suppliers' sales surge 29% thanks to product lineup overhaul

???

• Reply 5 of 24
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Having followed AAPL closely for years and now knowing how stock prices can be and are manipulated by analysts, fund managers, the media, et al, it makes me very suspicious of investing my retirement nest egg in the stock market. It all appears to be smoke and mirrors. The tech world seems to have done a 180 on Apple literally over night. Everywhere you look the mantra is the same. Almost as if its coordinated.
  • Reply 6 of 24

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Almost as if its coordinated.

Because it is.

• Reply 7 of 24
    Interesting, great news, and yet again, AAPL takes a dive.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    Please, no more good news for AAPL!! I can't take it going down any more!!

I heard a meteor was headed straight for the center of Infinite Loop!
  • Reply 9 of 24

Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

I heard a meteor was headed straight for the center of Infinite Loop!

That would send the stock up, for once.

• Reply 10 of 24
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    Having followed AAPL closely for years and now knowing how stock prices can be and are manipulated by analysts, fund managers, the media, et al, it makes me very suspicious of investing my retirement nest egg in the stock market. It all appears to be smoke and mirrors. The tech world seems to have done a 180 on Apple literally over night. Everywhere you look the mantra is the same. Almost as if its coordinated.

It is singularly the most manipulated stock on the market. It has been for years helped in large part by Apple's extreme level of secrecy. The private equity funds play it like a yoyo driving it up and down having made billions in the process - exponentially more than mere appreciation. Wouldn't we all have loved to unload at 700 and be scooping it back up right now to ride back up to 700? You'd make an extra $320 / share. Now multiply that by 10's or 100's of thousand of shares which is the space these guys play in. They're printing money!
  • Reply 11 of 24
    Nope... Won't help. Apple is beyond doomed. They are Super-Doomed(tm)!
  • Reply 12 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Apple suppliers' sales surge 29% thanks to product lineup overhaul

???

Cirrus Logic?

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:CRUS

• Reply 13 of 24
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Cirrus Logic?

They make the speakers for Apple's iOS devices.
  • Reply 14 of 24

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

They make the speakers for Apple's iOS devices.

That explains it, then¡ Those speakers are terrible¡

Please tell me I used the right character… it looks different from the way it appears in Solipsism's posts. I just used the Spanish leading exclamation mark…

• Reply 15 of 24
    rob bonner wrote: »
    Interesting, great news, and yet again, AAPL takes a dive.

In times like this, I look up the stock developement of RIMM or Nokia. I know it's stupid, but somehow it helps.
    ;)
  • Reply 16 of 24
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

Please someone reassure me that I'm not a fucking idiot for FINALLY deciding to invest in Apple @ $640/share, after reading all "it's gonna hit 1000" pieces. It has nose-dived since, for seemingly no reason at all. Apple is in the best position it has ever has been, with potential to dominate the tablet market. They've refreshed their entire lineup, iPhone 5 demand is still surpassing supply, same as the iPad mini, and their holiday quarter looks like it will be by far the best in their history. Beyond that, the Surface has garnered mostly negative review and looks to be a confusing mess for consumers. So what the **** is going on? Am I being too hopeful in believing it WILL climb back up, and surpass its high of $700?

• Reply 17 of 24

Santaman, in his Apple-red Super-Suit will rule the skies delivering millions of super-light iPad Minis, iPad Maxies, iPhones, and iPods of all colors and kinds to good little boys and girls all over the world. But you have to be be good or SantaMan will put a black plastic android device in your sock....

When naughtiness strikes anywhere, a letter is sent to the North Pole where our hero waits in his Workshop of Solitude… or so I presume... 

It’s Santaman. With martial arts training. And a big honking red Ferrari named Cue-pid. He goes from town to town, dispensing iDevices– and justice. All for milk and cookies (and an occasional $1.05 billion).

And we already know where he gets his wonderful "recreational devices."

• Reply 18 of 24

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

It has nose-dived since, for seemingly no reason at all.

Again, the election. Look at Apple YoY.

• Reply 19 of 24
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Again, the election. Look at Apple YoY.

Uh, what about the election, exactly? Was not Obama the president during the last 4 years of Apple's insane success and stock explosion? Why would any of that change over the US presidency? The next president has virtually zero effect on Apple's potential performance or success. 

• Reply 20 of 24

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Uh, what about the election, exactly?

The election has given Wall Street the answers it desired as to where things are headed in the near-term future. Now it knows how to prepare, whereas before the election things were almost in opposite directions.