iPad mini LTE models set to ship in five days

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple is notifying users that the new iPad mini with support for 3G/4G LTE networks will begin shipping in five days, and has posted new iOS 6.0.1 builds for the iPad mini and iPad 4.

Apple began delivering WiFi only iPad mini models around the first of November, after immediately selling out its initial inventory.

Three days ago, the company reported sales of three million new iPad mini and iPad 4 units over the first three day weekend of sales, but that only included WiFi models.

Mobile data versions of the two new iPads were expected to begin shipping in "a few weeks," but Apple's recent email updates forwarded by multiple AppleInsider readers state that initial shipments will begin in five business days, or late next week.

Apple has also make available four new iOS 6.0.1 firmware downloads available to support the new models today, which include two versions (GSM and CDMA) of both the LTE iPad mini and iPad 4.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28

Game changer... it begins anew!

• Reply 2 of 28
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Delivers  Nov 21 via Standard Shipping 

• Reply 3 of 28
    wardcwardc Posts: 150member

When do they start taking orders?

• Reply 4 of 28
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    They
    wardc wrote: »
    When do they start taking orders?
    started on the 2nd
  • Reply 5 of 28
    Not fair. They still haven't shipped my Wifi only mini yet.
  • Reply 6 of 28
    wardcwardc Posts: 150member

I forgot, Christmas is coming up :-)  I made sure my Dad knows I like the iPad mini - now going to hold off buying until after Christmas.

• Reply 7 of 28
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member
    Not fair. They still haven't shipped my Wifi only mini yet.
    That's why you don't order it like that. I just went down and bought one at Walmart.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

ill be happy when my 64GB blek LTE model arrives :D i have the smark cover already.

• Reply 9 of 28
    I ordered two minutes into the presale, nothing has changed as far as the shipping date. It still says late November. I'm tired of customers in the US getting special treatment when the sales of the device started in multiple countries on the same day. If you can't sell equally to everyone, maybe they shouldn't sell in more than one country on release day.
  • Reply 10 of 28

Originally Posted by protaginets View Post

I'm tired of customers in the US getting special treatment when the sales of the device started in multiple countries on the same day.

You're tired of a US company serving the US, where the biggest share of users are?

• Reply 11 of 28
    You're tired of a US company serving the US, where the biggest share of users are?

And yet another example of why you make a god awful moderator. I simply stated that if they want to treat other countries like this they should stagger the release.
  • Reply 12 of 28

And yet another example of why you make a god awful moderator. 

Why, because I understand exactly what you said? 

I simply stated that if they want to treat other countries like this they should stagger the release.

So to treat other countries the same way they're currently treating them, they should… stagger the release, changing nothing?

You mean to say, "Don't release it to me if you can't deliver." Thing is, they can, and do. 

• Reply 13 of 28
    Why, because I understand exactly what you said? 

So to treat other countries the same way they're currently treating them, they should… stagger the release, changing nothing?

You mean to say, "Don't release it to me if you can't deliver." Thing is, they can, and do. 

I am done with a board that allows a moderator to treat their forms the way you treat this one. You are simply a bully. If this is your forum, you should close it, since only your opinion appears to be right. Only you are right. Everyone else who may have another view is stupid or an idiot. If it's not your board, you need to be fired. Good-bye. This board is worthless as long as TS is a moderator.
  • Reply 14 of 28

I am done with a board that allows a moderator to treat their forms the way you treat this one. You are simply a bully. If this is your forum, you should close it, since only your opinion appears to be right. Only you are right. Everyone else who may have another view is stupid or an idiot. If it's not your board, you need to be fired. Good-bye. This board is worthless as long as TS is a moderator.

So… was I wrong?

• Reply 15 of 28

Quote:

.....You are simply a bully. .......since only your opinion appears to be right. ........Everyone else who may have another view is stupid or an idiot. This board is worthless as long as TS is a moderator.

I've mentioned this to you in the past. Right or wrong you come across as condescending and/or high-and-mighty. He makes good point where, IMO, a moderator should stay on the objective side, show tact and practice some diplomacy. I understand that everyone possesses a unique personality but if you would take a moment to review your comments and compare them to the style of the other mods on this forum you will notice a huge difference in the way you come across compared to them.

If I'm not dating myself too much, a perfect analogy would be the old Mad magazine feature "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" whereas you view a lot of comments as if they're stupid questions and you constantly strive to display your wit each and every time. Lighten up a little, dude. One would would think that after being told multiple times by multiple members you would take a step back for a moment and say "Hmmmm, maybe they have a valid point."

• Reply 16 of 28
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member

Quote:

I ordered two minutes into the presale, nothing has changed as far as the shipping date. It still says late November. I'm tired of customers in the US getting special treatment when the sales of the device started in multiple countries on the same day. If you can't sell equally to everyone, maybe they shouldn't sell in more than one country on release day.

I am wondering if maybe you should be blaming your country's communication regulatory board who are taking too long to approve the cellular versions.

On the first day, Apple sold wifi units to all countries. If they were able to do so, I think they would like to ship LTE versions to all countries.

• Reply 17 of 28

Apple Products, Smartphone and Androids, we provide cellular good qualities and keep our customers satisfied throughout the world, you can shop with us in confidence good, safe transportation and delivery to its final destination.

LTE iPhone 5 16GB - $ 500usd

IPhone 4s 16GB - $ 430usd

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 - $ 415usd

Samsung Galaxy Note N7100 II - $ 450usd

One HTC X - $ 350usd

Nokia Lumia - 900 LTE $ 300usd

Sony Xperia S LT26i - $ 300usd

I XT890 Motorola RAZR Black - $ 400usd

For more details Order provide us with your (full name, delivery address and phone number)

Contact us today Via: [email protected] (Albanie George)
  • Reply 18 of 28

Quote:

The way i see it, only a stupid or an idiot would have said what you said previously, so TS has a point. Sorry.

• Reply 19 of 28
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

If you are tired of... Then you have experience, in which case I would've hopped on a plane instead of whining on a rumour site. But that's just me.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Dude, that's crazy talk, a sale is a sale, they make the same money off their sales doesn't matter where it is.

Selling to the US first is a statistical thing not a profit thing.

if you sell something to someone in the us or anywhere & you sell out there is a waiting time, they just need to allocate their stock more evenly, not preferentially. 

its as simple as that, no 2 ways about it.

we can see you feel strangely about the company, most people here have loyalty for things they like, but seriously, its great to have loyal moderators, but you probably need to pick your battles a little better :p 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So… was I wrong?

Yeah, sorry dude, you were this time.