Apple's iMessage and FaceTime suffer another significant outage [u]

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanie248 View Post

AWS Rock Solid? Come on... do you read the tech news at all... they suffer ALOT. And Netflix is primarily powered by AWS, so if they are spotty, then AWS is spotty.

From my point of view, its much easier to build a system that streams a selected movie/tv show, than one that has all the issues of emil/messaging/music/docs and all the other contact/calendar syncing that goes on across multiple devices. Apple certainly do not have the same good record as Google, but then Googles eco system is not as integrated as apples.

Read the tech news? I USE AWS.

As for "Netflix is primarily powered by AWS, so if they are spotty, then AWS is spotty", are you prepared to stand on that statement? I wouldn't, if I were you. Because recent AWS outages have been in the headlines, you think you'd sound knowledgeable by linking them directly to Netflix. But Netflix has an ongoing streaming problem. Please show me how you link those to AWS, if you really know what you are talking about. And guess what, Netflix doesn't blame AWS for all their problems either. They have admitted openly that, over time, their implementation on AWS has improved. But those stories don't make tech news headlines and so you wouldn't know about them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanie248 View Post

Apple certainly do not have the same good record as Google, but then Googles eco system is not as integrated as apples.

Clear as day now ... you know shit about this. You just read tech news headlines. Reality is that many Google services are so integrated that it's creepy.

• Reply 82 of 85
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

This begs the question of who/what is a fair comparable.

This is off topic, but I would encourage everyone to look up what "begs the question" means. It does NOT mean "leads logically to a question."

• Reply 83 of 85

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

Read the tech news? I USE AWS.

As for "Netflix is primarily powered by AWS, so if they are spotty, then AWS is spotty", are you prepared to stand on that statement? I wouldn't, if I were you. Because recent AWS outages have been in the headlines, you think you'd sound knowledgeable by linking them directly to Netflix. But Netflix has an ongoing streaming problem. Please show me how you link those to AWS, if you really know what you are talking about. And guess what, Netflix doesn't blame AWS for all their problems either. They have admitted openly that, over time, their implementation on AWS has improved. But those stories don't make tech news headlines and so you wouldn't know about them.

Clear as day now ... you know shit about this. You just read tech news headlines. Reality is that many Google services are so integrated that it's creepy.

Ah, bless, poor fellow, insecurity has taken over and reduced you to this. Dont worry, everyone will soon stop giving thoughts and opinions and only follow your views soon. Because they all know "shit" about anything if its not your view.

My point of reasoning with Google is that each service can be accessed in the main, even if other services are down. I am sure they all have integration, but not *reliant* on each other. Apples iCloud on the other hand, is a central login to all services, if you cant get in, then you cant use any part. iTunes is separate. 

So, Google would *appear* more modular. (and in case you are boiling over now, yes it probably is very integrated, even creepily so, although I have never considered integrating software to be "creepy" no matter how many times I have done it!! )

As for AWS, yes i use it too, one of my best friends works there, so I hear a lot first hand. I was just offering an alternative reasoning point to another poster. Dont worry, you dont have to feel threatened by it, I'll give you a hug and buy you a coffee if it helps. Maybe rub a kitten

• Reply 84 of 85

There's been a lot of iCloud outages this time and the iMessage problem was also faced multiple times. In the discussion forums one still finds quite a lot of users plagued with iMessage issues. Hope Apple does something to fix all these. May be the new server being built would help.

• Reply 85 of 85

Quote:

Originally Posted by v5v View Post

This is off topic, but I would encourage everyone to look up what "begs the question" means. It does NOT mean "leads logically to a question."

its a loose derivative from an old latin phrase. You can read more in Wiki, as long as Google cloud does not have a global outage and Wiki is not integrate with iCloud. image