Rumor of 'decimated' Apple pro audio team likely false

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24

Originally Posted by Mike Fix View Post

Apple doesn't give a shit about professional video/audio users.

Except no. The entire post is FUD, but I want to pull that out specifically.

• Reply 22 of 24
    BREAKING : Apple Releases Snack Foods made out of ............... Apples

This is the BAD part about the Ipad & Iphone being so popular.. Pro's get forgotten
  • Reply 23 of 24

Originally Posted by Diggiti View Post

This is the BAD part about the Ipad & Iphone being so popular.. Pro's get forgotten

That doesn't follow, and it doesn't seem to be the case.

• Reply 24 of 24
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Except no. The entire post is FUD, but I want to pull that out specifically.

Are you a Logic User?  Are you aware that there is basically NO Logic Audio customer support for issues via Apple except for going to the user discussions?  You won't get any help at a Genius Bar except what they find on the Apple site, which is basic FAQs and manuals, because Apple doesn't give them the support.  You may get a Logic user there but they're probably Googling your problem and finding a solution on Gearslutz.

Workarounds for bugs?  You get the answers from other users, not from Apple.   Apple doesn't out give any information about Logic that relates to many issues that users have come up against.  You get better Logic support elsewhere on the net from DAW user forums than the yawning silence that which has been the official Apple response (besides the rare updates), since, um, always?

Logic is great.  I use it on my own rig, as I do Pro Tools and MOTU's Digital Performer, and, when at other studios, Reaper and Cubase.  But Logic is the ONLY DAW where users are trained to assume they should never even dare to hope that the answer for why a new version now freezes when you do something  would come from the company they bought it from.  Even the infuriating model of AVID's support seems like heavenly treatment when compared to the crickets from Apple.

Seriously.   And sometimes it really does seem like there's been no one home there for years.  THAT's why people who make their living using computer tools in pro media environments are not surprised by the lack of enthusiasm by "pros" for Apple as a company to be on their workflow, which has nothing to do with whatever Apple's attitude toward the "pro" user market is.

You can blindly and deaf-ly cheerlead all you want, but that's just a fact.

Edit:  There are several well known (non-Apple) Logic/DAW journalists who are debunking this story (which doesn't look to come from any other source beyond the Pro Tools Expert post) over on audio forums as an exaggeration of its state.