Purported prototype 'iPhone 5S' back panel shows minor tweaks to internal design

Comments

• Reply 21 of 53
    Awaiting the inevitable "I love Apple, but..." post.
  • Reply 22 of 53
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,655member

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuji apple View Post

4, 4S is not long for this world as it has OLD 30 pin connection. They need to get everything to new connector ASAP.  ipads are done. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Huh?

I think he means "iPads are completed - they now have the new connector". 

• Reply 23 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Speaking of the iPhone 5, I had a hands-on recently with it and I must say that I was totally blown away. The phone is a work of art and looks really classy. No picture can do justice to actually seeing the thing. I compared it with my 4S and loved what I saw.

I have been waiting for the 64GB to come into stock. I had asked for the White one, but after my hands-on, I have requested they hold the Black one for me. I just can't wait!

Yep.  I grew quite used to my 4s and while it was an iPhone, it wasn't very sexy after a week or so.  Nuts as I may be, I carry my iP 5 naked, and STILL everyday i admire how sleek it looks.  It's beautiful!

• Reply 24 of 53

Noooooope. This is the samsung  Galaxy 5GS

• Reply 25 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macnewsjunkie View Post

I agree that this is not news. I would comment that Apple has switched to a semi annual refresh due to competition from Samsung's newest phones. Apple let Samsung take away market share by not offering a semi annual update. I doubt they will make that mistake again.

The iPad refresh was the first example of this. I expect the cell phones to follow.

I'd like to agree with you but I just don't see how Apple can do it.  It took 3 months to get orders down to a 2-4 day shipping window on the 5.

• Reply 26 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnash View Post

Only in the Apple world would the movement of screw placement on the PCB be a news event.  :P

Best post! :)

• Reply 27 of 53

Hi All in looking at my new iPhone 5 that I reveiced this week...It has the same X as in your picture. Other many want to look at their new phones for the X.

Have a Great Day

• Reply 28 of 53
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Ex
    zoetmb wrote: »

Except the iPads aren't completed. Only the 4 has a new connector. Not the 2. How is that any different than the 4 and 4S not having one?

The 4 and 4S arent long for the world. Just 1 and 2 years. Actually, I guess the 5 isn't either... It's only 3 years. (Why do people make posts that make zero sense? Looking at you Fuji)
  • Reply 29 of 53
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    They did. They were called the iPad 3 and iPad 4
    No they weren't
  • Reply 30 of 53

Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

Oh. They're not, though.

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

No they weren't

Okay. The iPad 2 didn't have any successor products. It's still the newest iPad. image

There's a reason it doesn't match the iPad mini. And why on Earth would they update an old model when there's already an update.

• Reply 31 of 53
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    fuji apple wrote: »
    4, 4S is not long for this world as it has OLD 30 pin connection. They need to get everything to new connector ASAP.  ipads are done. 

I'm skeptical that Apple is going to stop offering both the 4 and 4S on the next update. That suggests that the 5 will be cut in price by $200 on the next update. I suppose they could do it, but the likelihood seems low.
  • Reply 32 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I'm skeptical that Apple is going to stop offering both the 4 and 4S on the next update. That suggests that the 5 will be cut in price by $200 on the next update. I suppose they could do it, but the likelihood seems low.

I don't know about the 4S but it's time to ditch the 4, if for no other reason that it's a single-core processor. All devices are going multi-core.  Maybe next year, Apple could sell the 4S as a prepaid device.

• Reply 33 of 53

Originally Posted by Shameer Mulji View Post

…it's time to ditch the 4, if for no other reason that it's a single-core processor.

So what? That's not a valid reason.

…Apple could sell the 4S as a prepaid device.

That's not for them to decide.

• Reply 34 of 53
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Ex

Except the iPads aren't completed. Only the 4 has a new connector. Not the 2. How is that any different than the 4 and 4S not having one?...

You aren't making much sense here.  Both the iPad 2, and the iPhone 4/4s are obsolete devices.  

Their "updates" (that you seem to be waiting for), have already happened.  They are called the iPad mini/3/4 and the iPhone 5.  

• Reply 35 of 53
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    I don't know about the 4S but it's time to ditch the 4, if for no other reason that it's a single-core processor. All devices are going multi-core.  Maybe next year, Apple could sell the 4S as a prepaid device.

I'm sure they'll ditch it... next fall.
  • Reply 36 of 53
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member

If there is a god, please let this not be the start of 6 months of relentless iphone  5S part leaks.

• Reply 37 of 53
    Ok there's going to be a IPhone 5S it will release 2013 it will be faster, and there's going to be rumors, well they could wait till same year as release date and have info, this could be just a future 5, or maybe one of the old released IPhone 5 rumors that was almost accurate. I like to think wait 6 months before complaining about IPhone 5 .
  • Reply 38 of 53
    vaelianvaelian Posts: 446member
    fuji apple wrote: »

Excuse me, but why do they *NEED* to get everyone to use the new connector? What can it do that the 30-pin connector can't? I can tell you something it can't do and the 30-pin connector can: stream composite / component AV.
  • Reply 39 of 53
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member

Quote:

Ex

Except the iPads aren't completed. Only the 4 has a new connector. Not the 2. How is that any different than the 4 and 4S not having one?

The 4 and 4S arent long for the world. Just 1 and 2 years. Actually, I guess the 5 isn't either... It's only 3 years. (Why do people make posts that make zero sense? Looking at you Fuji)

Why would the iPad 2 get the lightning connector?

The new connector was only every going to be for new products. The new iPod, iPad and iPhone. Could you imagine how bad it would look if they moved all the old products onto the new connector then everyone who resented the temporary inconvenince ran around fighting over dwindling stocks of the "old, better" models.

The iPad 2 is now only in the lineup to bridge the steep price gap between iPad mini and iPad 4. The iPad mini does everything an iPad 2 ever could (and more) for less. Nevertheless, it will continue to be bought by mostly older people who just want to purchase their first iPad, find the mini "too fiddly", don't know the iPad 3 is still available and can't appreciate the awesome value of the retina display. 

• Reply 40 of 53

Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

I can tell you something it can't do and the 30-pin connector can: stream composite / component AV.

You also can't fit a 8" floppy disc into it. So?