Purported prototype 'iPhone 5S' back panel shows minor tweaks to internal design

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53

I just got paid $6784 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that's cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $9k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do,  cloud68.c om
  • Reply 42 of 53
    antkm1antkm1 Posts: 1,441member
    They did. They were called the iPad 3 and iPad 4.

WHY.

Why should a tablet line match a laptop line?
    …So just buy the iPad 2! <span style="font-family:'Apple Color Emoji';font-size:28px;line-height:normal;">????</span>

First, I already own an iPad 2, it was a first of line pre-order. I'm on my second, since the first one was replaced due to "light leak"...speculated by the genius guy as caused by extensive air pressure differentiation due to extensive air travel. Thank goodness for Apple care. I've used it every day as my primary device when traveling (which is 5/12 months in China), and at home as my leisure device. All I can say is I love it but I wish it was lighter.

So let me say your comments are slowly becoming moot since you LOVE to take quotes completely out of context and comment assuming a revisionist version of the original quote, which completely misses the point I was trying to make. You should work for Fox News. And I'm not stupid, yet your comments tend to be extremely obvious and patronizing. I wish you'd quit treating post-er's in this manner. I'd say a good majority of your posts are seriously trolling, and contribute almost nothing to the conversation.

Sales have already proved the 10" ipad 2 is selling amazingly well. part of that is probably because of the reduced price compared to the "Updated" versions. the other part could be the fact that the ipad mini was not released yet. so it will be interesting to see the numbers after the mini has been fully vetted by the public. It also shows that Apple sort of bet retina would drive sales, and for the most part they only really drive news and make techies and first adopters happy. For most, the non-retina is just fine. I have personally seen many friends and family member agree, they would rather save some cash and get the ipad 2 over the iPad 3 or 4 over the ipad Mini. Even the media has stated the ipad 2 is a much better value over the ipad Mini for Holiday purchases. So I think my point is clear, many would rather have the larger screen, non-retina, and lighter weight over the smaller, lighter, marginally cheaper iPad mini, and over the heavier, retina iPad 3/4.

Why should they mirror the MacBook line in the iPads? Because I want it to be that way for my own selfish needs, duh...but I do think that the argument has been made (by the late SJ) the iPad is the lighter, more portable laptop alternative. And many analysts agree the iPad is a viable alternative to the cheap laptop, and they additionally factor iPad sales into overall PC sales as part of that market. Granted its proving to be more an entertainment device. So why not? Since you edited it out of your response i'll reiterate. Some, like me, prefer a larger screen but do t care as much about retina and just want a lighter 10" iPad. It fails me that you missed that argument in my original post.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    vaelian wrote: »
    Excuse me, but why do they *NEED* to get everyone to use the new connector? What can it do that the 30-pin connector can't? I can tell you something it can't do and the 30-pin connector can: stream composite / component AV.
    They NEED to because It will simplify the manufacturing process and save Apple a butt-ton of money. However, I will remind many that Apple continues to produce their devices years after the new models are out. How else would you get a refurb list as they have, not to mention the other global markets that don't receive the updates as quickly as the primary markets.
  • Reply 44 of 53
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    Goodness this is the worst blurrycam "leak" of the year.
  • Reply 45 of 53
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    You aren't making much sense here.  Both the iPad 2, and the iPhone 4/4s are obsolete devices.  
    Their "updates" (that you seem to be waiting for), have already happened.  They are called the iPad mini/3/4 and the iPhone 5.  
    The earlier commenter said the iPhones need lightning or else they'd be obsolete. I disagreed because my opinion is that to be obsolete would mean they are not sold anymore- which they still are.
    dunks wrote: »
    Why would the iPad 2 get the lightning connector?

The new connector was only every going to be for new products. The new iPod, iPad and iPhone. Could you imagine how bad it would look if they moved all the old products onto the new connector then everyone who resented the temporary inconvenince ran around fighting over dwindling stocks of the "old, better" models.

The iPad 2 is now only in the lineup to bridge the steep price gap between iPad mini and iPad 4. The iPad mini does everything an iPad 2 ever could (and more) for less. Nevertheless, it will continue to be bought by mostly older people who just want to purchase their first iPad, find the mini "too fiddly", don't know the iPad 3 is still available and can't appreciate the awesome value of the retina display. 
    I agree with you. I think the iPad 2 and iPhone 4 & 4s would be stupid. Sorry if my post sounded like I didn't think that.
    Okay. The iPad 2 didn't have any successor products. It's still the newest iPad. :rolleyes:
    I didn't say they didn't have a successor.
    YOU said they were named iPad 3 and iPad 4. They weren't. They were named "The new iPad". You're the king of being anal about names *cough* iPhone 5 *cough*. So I was just saying you're incorrect- they aren't named the 3 and 4. Maybe you should be more thorough with your posting and be correct yourself while correcting others. Just some friendly advice.
  • Reply 46 of 53

Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

Even the media has stated the ipad 2 is a much better value over the ipad Mini for Holiday purchases. So I think my point is clear, many would rather have the larger screen, non-retina, and lighter weight over the smaller, lighter, marginally cheaper iPad mini, and over the heavier, retina iPad 3/4.

How does this explain why the iPad 2 needs an update itself? What's wrong with the iPad 2, given that it already fits this requirement? 

And if you're whining about a .1 pound difference in weight, you're grasping at really heavy straws. I mean, come on.

They NEED to because It will simplify the manufacturing process and save Apple a butt-ton of money.

So all Macs should have the same ports. That would "simplify" things.

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I agree with you. I think the iPad 2 and iPhone 4 & 4s would be stupid. Sorry if my post sounded like I didn't think that.

I don't get it, you specifically disagreed with him in the post just above. 

• Reply 47 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

How does this explain why the iPad 2 needs an update itself? What's wrong with the iPad 2, given that it already fits this requirement? 

And if you're whining about a .1 pound difference in weight, you're grasping at really heavy straws. I mean, come on.

So all Macs should have the same ports. That would "simplify" things.

I'm not whining about anything.  Other than that I like to see a lighter version of the iPad 2, and as Apple has explained, the only way to do that is make it Non-Retina.  Given that I've already stated retina is not a priority and screen size is, I'd say that's pretty feasible for Apple to accomplish.  You're the one grasping at straws.  Suggesting I'm whining about 0.1lbs difference  (and actually, it's 0.11 lbs...get it right man!)...I never said that I prefer the iPad 2 because of it's current difference in weight to the Retina iPad, I said it would be an even better device if it weighed even less...let's say somewhere inbetween the iPad Retina and the Mini.

I've already stated my reasons for wanting a lighter version of the iPad 2.  if you can't grasp my logic, it's your own fault.  I've been very clear.  It's obvious that there is a market for the iPad 2 as is, wouldn't it be an even better value if they could match the form-factor of the Mini, and make it even lighter than the retina iPad?  IMO, yes.

You're the one putting words in my mouth about ports.  I never said any of what you imply, and you clearly didn't comprehend the point I was making.   Again...pretty darn clear.  And, and a matter of fact, almost all Macs DO have the same ports...using the same logic you use to interpret people's posts.  They all have USB 3 now, they all have Thunderbolt...there are slight variations in number of ports, but for all intents and purposes, they all use the same types of ports.  My point was that since almost all iDevices only have one I/O port (i.e. 30-pin or Lightning) and the both achieve the exactly same goal, it would be cheaper for apple to reduce the types of ports used to 1.  It would save more money in manufacturing.

You either skim articles and make wild accusations or you just simply need some better reading comprehension skills.  Or you just like to play devil's advocate just so you can justify your "moderator" status.  Frankly, the posts you write are clearly the opposite of what a Moderator should be doing.  You're Fired :P

• Reply 48 of 53

I'm not whining about anything.

People do.

…as Apple has explained, the only way to do that is make it Non-Retina.

...I never said that I prefer the iPad 2 because of it's current difference in weight to the Retina iPad, I said it would be an even better device if it weighed even less...let's say somewhere inbetween the iPad Retina and the Mini.

I realize that. And yet that's about the only difference that could actually be made to the iPad at this time.

• Reply 49 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

People do.

What the hell does that mean?

Seriously, for someone who is always questioning why people post what they post, you certainly do very little explaining to your $2 Bill logic.

Quote:

I realize that. And yet that's about the only difference that could actually be made to the iPad at this time.

And I'd be first in line to buy one.

• Reply 50 of 53

And I'd be first in line to buy one.

"I'm not complaining about a .1 lb. difference."

"I'd buy something identical to what I have now, simply because it has a .1 lb. difference."

Sorry, I guess that's just me questioning why people post what they post. I was going to explain what I meant by "People do complain about the weight of the iPad," because apparently that wasn't clear enough in context, but since you are, in fact, complaining about the weight of the iPad… 

My STARS.

• Reply 51 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"I'm not complaining about a .1 lb. difference."

"I'd buy something identical to what I have now, simply because it has a .1 lb. difference."

Sorry, I guess that's just me questioning why people post what they post. I was going to explain what I meant by "People do complain about the weight of the iPad," because apparently that wasn't clear enough in context, but since you are, in fact, complaining about the weight of the iPad… 

My STARS.

Quote:

...I never said that I prefer the iPad 2 because of it's current difference in weight to the Retina iPad, I said it would be an even better device if it weighed even less...let's say somewhere inbetween the iPad Retina and the Mini.

Again, not talking about the current weight of the iPad 2, saying it could be lighter, given advancements in iPad technology, and that would be my preference (should apple decide it's marketable) over someone suggesting to just buy the mini.

There's a difference in complaining and stating a preference based on real-world use.

• Reply 52 of 53
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    I don't get it, you specifically disagreed with him in the post just above. 
    No I didn't- you need reading glasses. I said in the post above that my opinion was to be obsolete means you don't sell the product anymore. And I agreed with him that the 4S, 4, and iPad 2 shouldn't have lightening connectors. Where's the disconnect?

While you're at it, care to address what I directed at you instead of what I didn't? Or, because you were wrong, you just conveniently didnt quote it.
  • Reply 53 of 53

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

While you're at it, care to address what I directed at you instead of what I didn't? Or, because you were wrong, you just conveniently didnt quote it.

That was covered in what I already said. No reason to address it again.