Verizon planned to make Siri an Android exclusive before Apple purchase

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by umrk_lab View Post

The default shortcut to start dictation on your Mac is pressing the Function (Fn) key twice. The first time you try to start dictation, you'll be prompted to enable it.

Cool!  Is this only for OS 10.8.  Don't see it on my other Macs.

• Reply 42 of 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneof52 View Post

Cool!  Is this only for OS 10.8.  Don't see it on my other Macs.

Yes. As far as I remember, it appeared with Mountain Lion

• Reply 43 of 50
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

No concern either way here for Siri.

Not useful when I'm in public and not useful when sitting with others at home.

Perhaps I should try Siri before someone sues Apple over it, at home in private, for some Email and Note text.  image

• Reply 44 of 50
    "Google: Martin van Buren" /s
  • Reply 45 of 50

I, too, thought Siri was a gimmick...until i got a chance to use it.  As another poster said, it's much more efficient to add reminders using Siri than using the touch interface.  It also works perfectly with the hands-free microphone built into my vehicle, whether it be choosing albums and playlists or texting my wife while I'm driving.  I can ask Siri about distance or time to the next turn or destination when using turn-by-turn navigation through the Maps app, so I don't even have to look at the map.

• Reply 46 of 50
    I havent used it all that much. I mostly use it to set timers while cooking or to look up things. I have used Siri to find directions and she has come through with flying colors. If I drove long distances I think she would be a life saver enableing me to reply to messages.
  • Reply 47 of 50

Siri rocks! However, I have found that I must speak slowly and enunciate each word. But it's less annoying than trying to type either on my iPhone or my iPad. Siri has become indispensable. Its use has become unconscious.

• Reply 48 of 50
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    Yup. For reminders, appointments, etc. Talking and no typing. Works for me.   *shrugs*

Same here. I also use it for quick email replies.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    A alternative reality
  • Reply 50 of 50
    I use it for writing text messages, looking up football scores, launching apps and just about everything. i particularly like the integration with Wolfgram Alpha. Plus of course I dictated this post in around 10 seconds.