Wozniak on jOBS biopic: 'So far from anything that really happened'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 60
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

The more Woz talks, the more I wish he had died first.  image

The film isn't that great from all accounts, but IMO the biggest danger to Jobs' legacy is actually Wozniak.  His is supposed to be the true view because he was actually there at the time, but a more unaware person, or someone who is worse at explaining himself would be hard to find.  He can't be relied upon to accurately remember what he put on his toast yesterday morning.  His utterances have to be parsed into proper sentences by the media because he rarely speaks a single sentence that makes sense in the subject-object-predicate kind of way.  

Yes, he's a genius IQ wise and has done some great things ... but that doesn't mean he isn't still a colossal dweeb who doesn't understand very much about people at all. Looking to a social misfit for insight into personalities is not a good idea.  Every film and book about the period so far depicts Wozniak as a hopelessly out of touch guy that just doesn't "get" what's going on around him in society.  I'm kind of inclined to believe that.  

He just isn't the best guy to ask about what "really" happened back then. 

• Reply 42 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

... "Pirates of Silicon Valley II"...

I like this movie, have a copy and have watched it often but I don't think it's any better than what this one appears to be.  It seems to be roughly of the same quality/level of acting to me.  They are both sort of "made for TV" type biopics of a regular type and nothing special other than the subject matter.  Noah Wylie was no better or worse as Steve Jobs IMO. 

• Reply 43 of 60

It would have been better if they had Mila Kunis playing Joan Baez.   

• Reply 44 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by msimpson View Post

It would have been better if they had Mila Kunis playing Joan Baez.   

Except Joan Baez was beautiful and intelligent whereas Mila Kunis is a dummy who looks like a frightened Chihuahua afflicted with some kind of wasting disease.  image

• Reply 45 of 60
    sol77sol77 Posts: 203member

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I wonder if Woz even knows your name. Just sayin'

Oh my god!  What an excellent point!  Woz didn't know his name...so his opinion must be worthless!  I'd never thought of it that way!

• Reply 46 of 60

Originally Posted by umrk_lab View Post

After viewing this one minute sequence, I think the problem is not so much the actors than the scenario and the dialogue ... May be one "garage sequence"  was enough ?

That dialogue just didn't feel right; you're right.

• Reply 47 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sol77 View Post

Oh my god!  What an excellent point!  Woz didn't know his name...so his opinion must be worthless!  I'd never thought of it that way!

Well, at least I know that your opinion is worthless.

Block.

• Reply 48 of 60
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    quadra 610 wrote: »

Thanks but my question was answered soon after and then I found the clip in question.

PS: I love the option in YouTube where you can set the start time of a video in the URL.
  • Reply 49 of 60
    I'd watch it if Fred and Carrie played Jobs and Woz.
  • Reply 50 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I'd watch it if Fred and Carrie played Jobs and Woz.

I thought of Jack Black playing Woz.

• Reply 51 of 60
    Just like with "the social network" and "notorious", you have to know it's a movie first. Made to entertain. Certain things are going to be changed and/or exagerated to make it more interesting to watch by the "average" movie goer. Neither this film nor the other are going to be accurate. Though this does seem a bit more out there.

[quote]The more Woz talks, the more I wish he had died first[/quote]
    That's screwed up, man.

Lay off Woz. He was just as important to Apple as was Jobs. Also played a key role in the home computer boom in general. A geek through and through. He may not have anything now, but he still deserves our respect and appreciation.
  • Reply 52 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

The more Woz talks, the more I wish he had died first.  image

Isn't that harsh?

• Reply 53 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Well, at least I know that your opinion is worthless to me.

Fixed it. Someone, somewhere, might find his opinion valuable. probably not on Apple-related matters though.

• Reply 54 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Except Joan Baez was beautiful and intelligent whereas Mila Kunis is a dummy who looks like a frightened Chihuahua afflicted with some kind of wasting disease.  image

Looked the girl up on Google... she's rather cute and seems to have a career already. Aren't you letting your prejudices cloud your vision?

Can't say I ever saw a movie with her in, but I got no TV and I rarely watch movies, so her acting might be terrible, and I wouldn't know :p

• Reply 55 of 60
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/155657/wozniak-on-jobs-biopic-so-far-from-anything-that-really-happened#post_2265677"]I haven't seen either film, so I'm not going to say which is better or not.

But, there's a clear conflict of interest here. Woz is getting paid by Sony.

He is getting paid by Apple as well. Hasn't stopped him from criticizing Apple.
  • Reply 56 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Fixed it. Someone, somewhere, might find his opinion valuable. probably not on Apple-related matters though.

Yes, of course. Thank you.

• Reply 57 of 60

I think they may have exaggerated the size of the famous garage just a tad.

• Reply 58 of 60
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    magic_al wrote: »
    I think they may have exaggerated the size of the famous garage just a tad.

LOL OMG THAT IS BEST :D :lol: :lol:
  • Reply 59 of 60

You wish Wozniak died first, there's something wrong with you when you wish someone dead over a movie. The movie is about him, certainly he should know wheither it is accurate or not, forget the Oscars, Kutcher is going for the Guinness World Book of Records for the most Razzie Awards for bad acting while being the highest paid actor on TV. Go figure?

• Reply 60 of 60
    A biopic has a mandate to be as authentic as possible and not just based on someone's imagination. Think of all the fabricated nonsense in Oliver Stone's JFK. The Buddy Holly story completely blew of Norman Petty (who discovered Holley, produced his early stuff and cowrote several of his top hits) as if he never existed. Frankly, I'd rather not watch something claiming to represent the truth if it is make believe.