Apple TV software update adds Bluetooth keyboard support, hints at new hardware

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

If you're using an Ethernet connection (e.g., as some people prefer, so that 1080p does look like 1080p) you'll need the original remote.

Really? You're telling me that an iPhone on WiFi and an ATV on Ethernet, both on the same subnet (because they're on the same router) can't talk to each other?

• Reply 62 of 64
    djames4242 wrote: »
    If you're using an Ethernet connection (e.g., as some people prefer, so that 1080p does look like 1080p) you'll need the original remote.

Really? You're telling me that an iPhone on WiFi and an ATV on Ethernet, both on the same subnet (because they're on the same router) can't talk to each other?
    I can tell you that they can, as long as your ATV is plugged into your wireless router via the Ethernet cable. Perhaps not if your wireless router is connected to another router.
  • Reply 64 of 64

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I can tell you that they can, as long as your ATV is plugged into your wireless router via the Ethernet cable. Perhaps not if your wireless router is connected to another router.

Yeah, that's what I would assume. The previous post implied that it wouldn't work (which makes little sense to me).