BlackBerry Creative Director Alicia Keys tweets from iPhone, claims Twitter account hacked

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
After being announced as BlackBerry's Global Creative Director less than two weeks ago, pop diva Alicia Keys claims her Twitter account was hacked after a specious tweet from an iPhone was sent under her name.

The tweet, which referenced recording artist Drake's new album "Started from the Bottom," was sent early Monday from Keys' Twitter handle, but was quickly deleted and replaced by a statement alleging the pop star's account was hacked. As noted by The Verge, the original tweet read, "Started from the bottom now were here!"

What the h*ll?!!!!Looks like I've been hacked... I like @drake but that wasn't my tweet:-(

? Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys)

Keys is the latest celebrity to experience problems with social media as tech companies look to cultural icons to push their products in mainstream markets. In 2012, Oprah used an iPad to send out a number of tweets endorsing Microsoft's Surface RT tablet. However, unlike Oprah, Keys is supposedly part of BlackBerry's corporate team.

Whether the singer mistakenly sent the tweet herself or was legitimately hacked will likely remain unknown, but the situation has clarified the effectiveness of social media as it pertains to the modern marketing landscape.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    It is possible....I guess.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    I'll quote Ronald Reagan on this one.... "Trust, but verify"...
  • Reply 3 of 28
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member
    Makes sense... hack famous person's Twitter account, post completely unoffensive lyrics from popular song. Hackers are known for their subtlety and kindness.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    edit: Pipped by [B]jakeb[/B].
  • Reply 5 of 28

She was using her iPhone to tweet with just a few days before the BlackBerry announcement, now she's not. Guess BlackBerry brass got in touch and told her to knock it off. Hacked, my ass. No surprise here.

• Reply 6 of 28

Zzz . . . 

• Reply 7 of 28
    A honest mistake is forgivable.
    A lie to cover that mistake is ugly and stupid.
    An obvious lie is the worst because it shows you think other people are as stupid as you.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

Well.. That didn't take long. This is funny considering BlackBerry employees are banned from saying the word iPhone.. even it is means making an idiot of yourself!

• Reply 9 of 28
    dreyfus2dreyfus2 Posts: 1,072member

Celebrity brand ambassadors are a terrible idea. So, after working 8 hours on the gantt-chart for the service pack 1 roll-out, she was terribly exhausted and grabbed the wrong device? Well, at least she is more funny than Seinfeld.

• Reply 10 of 28
    dreyfus2 wrote: »
    Well, at least she is more funny than Seinfeld.

Take that back¡
  • Reply 11 of 28
    nasserae wrote: »
    Well.. That didn't take long. This is funny considering BlackBerry employees are banned from saying the word iPhone.. even it is means making an idiot of yourself!

Despite her role at the company we can infer that she that one job we do know she has is to market the Z10 which basicallly comes down to don't use an iPhone.
  • Reply 12 of 28

"That girl, is so firrreeeeddd"

Bad pun, sorry. 

• Reply 13 of 28
    Would you just shut-up and sing?
  • Reply 14 of 28

Alicia Keys knows "creativity" in tech?  First LOL.

Blackberry "Creative Director" Tweeting from iPhone?

Second LOL. 

• Reply 15 of 28

Quote:

Take that back¡

I would love a clip with Alicia and Herr Heins at Shoe Circus... She tries on a pair of Manolos while he threatens her with a churro. The possibilities are endless image

• Reply 16 of 28
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

So anybody holding a mic is now qualified to become the "creative director" of a company? image

She's obviously lying her ass off. She got caught red handed, she messed up, and instead of fessing up and admitting that she still uses an iPhone instead of the phone that she is actually paid to promote, she must think that her twitter subscribers are dumber than crap (maybe they are?), and she insults everybody's intelligence by using a lame "I've been hacked!" excuse.

Unless we see proof that she was hacked in the form of something like explicit x-rated private photos, I don't see how anybody could buy her extremely non-credible explanation.

• Reply 17 of 28
    Alicia did not tweet it, if she said she didn't. Why is that so hard to believe?
  • Reply 18 of 28
    rosa wrote: »
    Alicia did not tweet it, if she said she didn't. Why is that so hard to believe?

PS: You me $1 million dollars, if I say you do. Why is that so hard to believe? (See what I did there?)
  • Reply 19 of 28
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosa View Post

Because we weren't born yesterday, that's why.

Here's CNET calling her a liar.

But Pocket-Lint offers a tantalizing glimpse of her dressing room at the Grammys. There, not one, but two iPhones are to be seen on her dressing table.

An iPhone 4S is positioned so close to Keys' fingers that all she would have to do is lift her arm up and her extremities would naturally meet its keyboard and want to communicate.

This girl is on fire. Who will douse it?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57568819-71/blackberrys-alicia-keys-tweets-from-iphone-claims-a-hack/

• Reply 20 of 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Because we weren't born yesterday, that's why.

Not sure being condescending with minors is the answer... we all have been fans of someone at some point (and once I manage to locate my meds I can even tell you who that was).