Bear spray-armed thieves rob Vancouver Apple Store

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 77
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/156306/bear-spray-armed-thieves-rob-vancouver-apple-store/40#post_2288190"]
    It sounds like the logical and most practical solution, if you ask me. Those thieves should come on down to my local Apple store and pull that stunt. I doubt that they would last long.

What else did you have in mind?

They had non lethal weapons. They weren't looking to hurt anyone physically.
  • Reply 62 of 77
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

They had non lethal weapons. They weren't looking to hurt anyone physically.

What a bunch of crap.

The second somebody decides to rob a store, they are putting other people's lives on the line. The second that they entered the store, they were putting other people in jeopardy. And spraying 40 people with a strong pepper spray? What if an elderly person got sprayed and had a heart attack or something?

Yes, they should have all been killed. Your excuses for pathetic criminals and lowlifes are totally ridiculous.

• Reply 63 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

What a bunch of crap.

The second somebody decides to rob a store, they are putting other people's lives on the line. The second that they entered the store, they were putting other people in jeopardy. And spraying 40 people with a strong pepper spray? What if an elderly person got sprayed and had a heart attack or something?

Yes, they should have all been killed. Your excuses for pathetic criminals and lowlifes are totally ridiculous.

As for your last two comments, they are totally deranged, and not even worth responding to.

Well fortunately the decision as to weather lethal force could be used, in this situation, to stop the theft of a few high tech gizmos is up to Canadians, of which a majority due not want guns in shopping malls unless in the hands of highly trained security. No one was harmed. Insurance should cover the costs. The perpetrators will get caught. The Mounties will get their man. You seem to think that blood splattered across the windows would be better, weather it was the blood of an innocent bystander or not. Imagine the security guard trying to aim with pepper spray in his eyes. Still if it happened in America and a majority of Americans agree with that approach I would say "have at er". When I visit the states I will abide by your rules and when you visit Canada your guns will be left at the border.  peace. 

• Reply 64 of 77
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/156306/bear-spray-armed-thieves-rob-vancouver-apple-store/40#post_2288268"]What a bunch of crap.

As for your last two comments, they are totally deranged, and not even worth responding to.

My comments are much less deranged than yours, and how many people died because of Bush's stolen election?
  • Reply 65 of 77
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/156306/bear-spray-armed-thieves-rob-vancouver-apple-store/40#post_2288268"]What a bunch of crap.

1) As an expert in TV crime dramas I can tell you that if one kills accidentally or without intent during the commission of a felony they can be held accountable and tried for murder, at least in the US. I don't watch any Canadian crime dramas to know if they have a similar law but if there ever is a Tango & Canuck series I'll sure to record it.

2) You are very black and white in your beliefs. Dude, it comes across as crazy. You seem to want someone who steals a loaf of bread to be treated the same as a warlord who commits genocide: kill them.
  • Reply 66 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You seem to want someone who steals a loaf of bread to be treated the same as a warlord who commits genocide: kill them.

Holding up an Apple store and spraying 40 people with bear strength pepper spray is hardly stealing a loaf of bread.

If you or others don't believe in self defense and will happily get sprayed by pepper spray, letting criminals do whatever they want, then be my guest.

• Reply 67 of 77
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/156306/bear-spray-armed-thieves-rob-vancouver-apple-store/40#post_2288348"]
    Holding up an Apple store and spraying 40 people with bear strength pepper spray is hardly stealing a loaf of bread.

If you or others don't believe in self defense and will happily get sprayed by pepper spray, letting criminals do whatever they want, then be my guest.

Case in point.
  • Reply 68 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

My comments are much less deranged than yours, and how many people died because of Bush's stolen election?

People died?image

A stolen election?image

Crazy political conspiracy theories belong in the political forum, where 9-11 truthers and other ignorant people can discuss their wacky conspiracies if they wish.

• Reply 69 of 77
    cgjcgj Posts: 276member

Quote:

What a bunch of crap.

Who are you? Inspector Javert?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WontonParmesan View Post

Where was batman & superman @?

Helping out the locals in the UK :) http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4823608/Man-dressed-as-Batman-hands-in-criminal.html

• Reply 70 of 77
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member

Quote:

Does this include cheating on your taxes?

• Reply 71 of 77
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/156306/bear-spray-armed-thieves-rob-vancouver-apple-store/40#post_2288348"]

That's why we have law enforcement, so there's consequences to their actions. They robbed the store not the employees. Look at it this way, would you bother with someone that basically stole a few pennies from you? Because in the big picture that's what those devices amount to for Apple.
  • Reply 72 of 77

Quote:

Self Defense is also about Limiting the Offence. Where this crime took place there were no Security Guards in the store. There were in the same mall, at the Jewelry Store, FYI. Apple could pay the extra cost to hire armed Security, if they wanted. In Canada it is not illegal to own guns but it is more difficult to obtain a gun as training on operation, safe transportation and storage and rules about where they can be used limit greatly the number of guns and the types of guns in the streets. If Apple had am armed security guard I am sure the robbers would not have just brought a pepper spray. As it is illegal to carry a gun in public unless you are Police or Trained, Certified and Registered Security you won't find any "good guys with guns" although you will find a lot of good guys. It is a different reality than what is happening in the States. You guys are in a gun debate right now I understand that. It is your States and you will decide but this in that debate, but this was a Canadian crime on Canadian soil. We have decided what is the best defense against violence and our crime rates compared to yours speak for them selves. 

• Reply 73 of 77
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

Quote:

What a bunch of crap.

Justice never punishes people for what could have happened, always for what actually happened.

And most people are just totally misguided, that doesn't mean they deserve to die.

• Reply 74 of 77
    umrk_labumrk_lab Posts: 550member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) As an expert in TV crime dramas I can tell you that if one kills accidentally or without intent during the commission of a felony they can be held accountable and tried for murder, at least in the US. I don't watch any Canadian crime dramas to know if they have a similar law but if there ever is a Tango & Canuck series I'll sure to record it.

Hawaian drama : " Book 'emDanno" !

(edit : BTW, thanks for helping me to improve my English, I was not aware of what a Bear Spray was (Bears had disapeared in France, a few of them (from Eastern Europe) have recently been introduced, but this decision is not welcomed by everybody)

• Reply 75 of 77
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    umrk_lab wrote: »

Hawaian drama : " Book 'emDanno" !
    (edit : BTW, thanks for helping me to improve my English, I was not aware of what a Bear Spray was (Bears had disapeared in France, a few of them (from Eastern Europe) have recently been introduced, but this decision is not welcomed by everybody)

It's more or less commonly known that "bear spray" is the only legally obtainable weapon in Vancouver, and when someone asks to buy it, they really aren't going to be using it on bears. Bears are native to BC, but they don't live inside the cities. The people that obtain it are usually the same people who would carry mace or a tazer in the US.
  • Reply 76 of 77
    umrk_labumrk_lab Posts: 550member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa View Post

It's more or less commonly known that "bear spray" is the only legally obtainable weapon in Vancouver, and when someone asks to buy it, they really aren't going to be using it on bears. Bears are native to BC, but they don't live inside the cities. The people that obtain it are usually the same people who would carry mace or a tazer in the US.

thanks

• Reply 77 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa View Post

They don't live there but they do come to visit regularly 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTpm1KonS9Y

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/westcoastnews/story.html?id=80fc792d-471c-48b7-869d-d3abf2f0f665