Apple releases OS X 10.8.3 with Safari 6.0.3, new iTunes integration and bug fixes

Comments

• Reply 21 of 98
    Password for logging into Find Friends no longer working .... Hmmm
  • Reply 22 of 98
    darendinodarendino Posts: 126member

Yep, it has buggered up iCloud completely !!!!!!!

No longer recognises my password, I have asked iForgot to email me a password reset and still waiting for it after 5 hrs

Apple is really making so many mistakes and hardware cockups now

• Reply 23 of 98
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Hope it fixes frequent crashes I had with Safari under 10.8.2. It would crash without rhyme or reason. Mail sometimes misbehaved and didn't show messages in the inbox when I switched from my spam folder back to inbox at times. Those were the only 2 issues I noticed on 10.8.2

I couldn't live with the gray icons in Finder but SideEffects fixed that and I am enjoying my move from SL to ML now and especially happy to have iCloud integration. I used the opportunity to start with a 100% clean install (no import) and I am so glad I did. My Mac pro opens apps faster than I can release the mouse click now it seems. My old SL drive was really slow thanks to God knows how much crud I had imported over the years. 

• Reply 24 of 98

****!

iCloud is really fucked up now, cannot reset password.

Don't Apple test anymore before releasing updates, their cock ups are on a Microsoft scale!!!

• Reply 25 of 98
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member

Finally! I am hoping this fixes the problem I've been having of the system becoming periodically unresponsive for seconds at a time (typing doesn't appear, and then rushes to catch up, trackpad gestures have no effect and then seconds later work).

• Reply 26 of 98

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarenDino View Post

****!

iCloud is really fucked up now, cannot reset password.

Don't Apple test anymore before releasing updates, their cock ups are on a Microsoft scale!!!

Working for me. But I can sympathize. I have an original .Mac address still as my primary Apple ID, then managed to also acquire a .Me and a .cloud as well which caused some problems with my account. I finally had to call Apple directly to get it resolved and merge the accounts into one. Then I had to reset the password. 

Correction: It was a while ago but the .Mac/Me/iCloud services don't have phone support only chat support. At least they did when I had my issue which was while .Me existed and before iCloud. 

• Reply 27 of 98

Oh, one other issue I forgot to mention I hope has been fixed is the the computer not waking up from sleep properly. Doesn't happen always and turning the Never put hard disk to sleep seemed to fix it but would be nice to go back to default energy saver settings and be able to wake from sleep without a reset. 

• Reply 28 of 98

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Working for me. But I can sympathize. I have an original .Mac address still as my primary Apple ID, then managed to also acquire a .Me and a .cloud as well which caused some problems with my account. I finally had to call Apple directly to get it resolved and merge the accounts into one. Then I had to reset the password. 

Correction: It was a while ago but the .Mac/Me/iCloud services don't have phone support only chat support. At least they did when I had my issue which was while .Me existed and before iCloud. 

Apple have just admitted iCloud is problematic since update, Jesus H Effing Christ, I swear they do not test anything anymore before releasing

• Reply 29 of 98

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarenDino View Post

Apple have just admitted iCloud is problematic since update, Jesus H Effing Christ, I swear they do not test anything anymore before releasing

Seems there are/were more general iCloud issues, not specific to the 10.8.3 update.

• Reply 30 of 98
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Yes:

"According to Apple's System Status webpage, the iCloud issues began a little before 2 p.m. Pacific, a few minutes before the company released the latest Mountain Lion update."

BEFORE, so separate from a local computer OS upgrade.

Per the linked status page all issues are shown resolved.

• Reply 31 of 98
    neilmneilm Posts: 985member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Sucks.  My $4,200.00 MacPro will not run 10.8.  I was able to modify the os to run but not stable enough for every day use.  Yet the box it came in says Xeon 64 bit workstation and yet the 10.8 os requires a true 64 bit rom.  Contrary in terms.  64 bit workstation and a 32 bit rom on a $4,200.00 computer.

Which means that you have a MacPro 1,1, a model that was discontinued in January 2008. Yes, it would have been nice to be able to run ML, but most people would think that you've had your money's worth out it.

Just for the record we have one of these too, although it's still running SL. That's all it needs to earn its keep. I'll likely replace it this year once we see what the MacPro options turn out to be.

• Reply 32 of 98
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Includes a secret Denial Of Service tool to hit the Samsung Mobile activation servers...

• Reply 33 of 98
    hrobhrob Posts: 4member

iCloud working again, after SW update:

need to reset password; beware: can not use previously used password

• Reply 34 of 98
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilM View Post

Just for the record we have one of these too, although it's still running SL. That's all it needs to earn its keep. I'll likely replace it this year once we see what the MacPro options turn out to be.

We have a couple running Lion. Awesome computers. Bulletproof. Same, don't really need ML and if I do we have machines running it. Only issue is the drives are getting full. We have two 500GB drives. Is adding another drive pretty straight forward? I've never done it on Mac Pro. I only opened the box once right when we first got them to add in some cards. Haven't needed to do anything to them for 5 years. They just keep cruising along.

• Reply 35 of 98
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUnfetteredMind View Post

Seems there are/were more general iCloud issues, not specific to the 10.8.3 update.

Absolutely, I have the problems on 10.8.2 and on my iPhone.

• Reply 36 of 98
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilM View Post

Which means that you have a MacPro 1,1, a model that was discontinued in January 2008. Yes, it would have been nice to be able to run ML, but most people would think that you've had your money's worth out it.

I have no pity for someone with a 5 year old box complaining about EFI 32bit limitations on the firmware of that system. It wasn't until several years later that UEFI 64 bit was adopted.

• Reply 37 of 98
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    it was actually seent out to hundereds of developers over the course of several revisions with no problems reported! Sometimes you just can't catch them all.
    darendino wrote: »

• Reply 38 of 98

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

We have a couple running Lion. Awesome computers. Bulletproof. Same, don't really need ML and if I do we have machines running it. Only issue is the drives are getting full. We have two 500GB drives. Is adding another drive pretty straight forward? I've never done it on Mac Pro. I only opened the box once right when we first got them to add in some cards. Haven't needed to do anything to them for 5 years. They just keep cruising along.

Unbelievably easy. As simple as opening side case, sliding out empty drive bay then tightening screws after attaching hard drive. Then just slide it back in the empty slot. If you know what you are doing it can be done in less than 3 minutes. 

I love my Mac Pro for this reason. I am using all 4 bays in mine.

• Reply 39 of 98
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

This makes no sense to me unless you have a MacPro from before 2008. Those aren't supported. Or you may have an unsupported video card.

Ya think?!  I can get 10.8 to run on a PC but not on my 2007 MacPro.

• Reply 40 of 98

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Sucks.  My $4,200.00 MacPro will not run 10.8.  I was able to modify the os to run but not stable enough for every day use.  Yet the box it came in says Xeon 64 bit workstation and yet the 10.8 os requires a true 64 bit rom.  Contrary in terms.  64 bit workstation and a 32 bit rom on a $4,200.00 computer.

That's a 5 year old computer.  Get over it.  If you want to always be able to run the latest version of OS, expect that you have to update the hardware.  The solution to your problem is to sell your Mac Pro and get a Mac mini.  It'll have about the same horsepower and after you sell your machine, it's not going to cost you that much to get the upgrade.  Add in the electrical savings, and you're going to come out ahead.