Best Buy to give Samsung Apple-esque in-store mini-stores

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    I'm sorry that you felt my reply required shouting at me. .

No one's shouting at anyone. I capitalized two words for emphasis.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

More so Steve's implementation of those ideas.

By the way... the Galaxy S4 already shows that Samsung has nothing.

Yes, I suspect the problems with the S4 (the hideous launch event designed to distract the press from the fact it had nothing new to show; the inclusion of weird and useless functionality) is because Samsung was forced to announce it without having an iPhone5S/6 to look at first.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUnfetteredMind View Post

I don't, but I assume Apple is doing something, I don't know why BestBuy would agree to it otherwise. I'm sure whatever agreement they have is confidential. But no, I do not know for sure.

I forgot Target and Walmarts have these now too.

I believe it is "out there" that Apple does not offer discounts or lower prices to anyone, not even when they encourage a certain reseller to offer discounts. But they find other ways to "incentivize" resellers.

• Reply 44 of 44
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Those stories are one to two years old. 

The more recent news has been the change of leadership and new direction for the company, which prompts Forbes this week to write that "it’s on the right track":

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lauraheller/2013/03/25/is-best-buy-back-on-track/

The stock price over the last six months seems to reflect a similar confidence:

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:BBY

yes...most of those were....Good point.

There are 3 BB close to my house work that I frequent. They are pretty much empty all of the time. They are reducing shell space and eliminating aisle space. Most of the time i go in them to see products in person that I am thinking of buying online. But not from BB....their prices are too high.