Chinese site uses Apple's own enterprise tools to distribute free pirated apps

245

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 91
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RichL View Post


     


    And all Americans are fat, right?



    And all British people are Politically Correct marxist reality deniers.

  • Reply 22 of 91
    plagenplagen Posts: 151member
    Spoiler:
    richl wrote: »
    And all Americans are fat, right?

    And all Brits can't read? Where did I say "all".?

    And yes, obesity in the US is a common and well recognized problem and nobody is ashamed of discussing it and looking for a solution.
  • Reply 23 of 91
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,001member
    richl wrote: »
    And all Americans are fat, right?

    Would that constitute cheating on their diets?
  • Reply 24 of 91

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post





    That's absolutely not true. They have lots of resources to focus on piracy - when it's a Chinese company accusing Apple of having copyrighted products in the App Store. /s


     


    Agree with this, it will be interesting to see the reaction.

  • Reply 25 of 91
    zeromeuszeromeus Posts: 182member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post


     


    There is good evidence that the Koreans and the Chinese especially has no concept of "having a conscience." If you steal it fair and square, then it's yours. 





    You really should stop talking now...


     


    Samsung's lack of conscience and ethics is not a reflection of the Korean people.  Your racist comment really ticks me off and I'm not even Chinese or Korean.  One can only generalize the truth, that is, communism has no conscience as its members are atheist and have no sense of higher power we call God.  This cause them to do things that are threats to mankind.  This, however, doesn't make the entire race bad, just those who follow the regime for their own benefits.

  • Reply 26 of 91
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    ascii wrote: »
    The original poster didn't say "They have no conscience," every human being has a conscience (I hope). He said they "... had no conscience about stealing other people's property," and if you think about it, China is no longer communist, but until very recently it was. And someone raised in a communist society might not take the concept of "private property" very seriously. They might even have been told in school that it was nonsense. They certainly wouldn't have the same instinct someone who has lived in a capitalist society their whole life has: when I hear "private property," I instantly subconsciously think "don't touch." I certainly hope the original comment was nothing to do with skin colour.

    They said they have no conscience. It doesn't matter what they specifically said they have no conscience about the first one said this was Asia with the 2nd saying it's China and Korea. This is no different than any other sort of racism or bigotry.

    Here are some classic examples:

    Woman aren't good at business.
    Blacks are subservient by nature.
    Jews are greedy.

    Then you have some people in pretty much every nation in the history of time making sweeping claims about other nations with no evidence.

    Here are a couple comments by famous people. You tell me if they are racist and bigoted or simply speaking the truth:
    "I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a n*gger or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a White man from dust, a n*gger from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman. He does hate Chinese and Japs. So do I. It is race prejudice, I guess. But I am strongly of the opinion Negroes ought to be in Africa, Yellow men in Asia and White men in Europe and America."

    -Harry Truman (1911) in a letter to his future wife Bess
    "Blacks are inferior to the whites in the endowments of both of body and mind."

    -- Father of the Democrat party Thomas Jefferson

    In Jefferson's defense he did worry that his perception of the slaves may be wrong and of all the presidents he was by far the most scientific in his pursuits, however that doesn't change the fact that what he said was wrong. What you et al. are saying about all of Asia and/or all of China and/or all of one or both Koreas is the same thing. You have deemed all the people a certain way based on limited experience and no scientific data. At least try to be objective before you make racist comments.

    Or should we put all these "crafty by nature' Chinese and Koreans in the US in camps the way we did with the Japanese, deport or simple execute these unconscionable people?¡
  • Reply 27 of 91
    I understand the outrage about the seeming prejudice in calling the whole Chinese people thieves. The problem you are ignoring is the lack of outrage in China over the blatant theft of intellectual properties is an institutional part of Chinese government and culture. How can you not blame a collective group of people when their own institutions do not support honesty and property rights? If you want to show us the institutional and societal protection that we have some how missed then your outrage rings true. If not then you don't have a very good case for your outrage. You might notice that Americans have gone the extra mile giving many Chinese students and immigrants the benefit of the doubt, and hired them to work in sensitive science projects. We continue to do this even after recent arrests of Chinese nationals who have stolen intellectual property and research from American companies and government organizations. There is no prejudice that I am aware of that attaches to being of Chinese ancestry in America. The prejudice appears to be cultural rather than racial and that is a very different animal.
  • Reply 28 of 91
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member


    Originally Posted by Plagen View Post

    …nobody is ashamed of discussing it and looking for a solution.




    Well, except for the people who are actually fat. They're not really "looking for a solution", now are they? They know the solution. They just don't do it.





    Originally Posted by Macnewsjunkie View Post

    I understand the outrage about the seeming prejudice in calling the whole Chinese people thieves. The problem you are ignoring is the lack of outrage in China over the blatant theft of intellectual properties is an institutional part of Chinese government and culture. How can you not blame a collective group of people when their own institutions do not support honesty and property rights?


     


    This is basically what I was about to say.

  • Reply 29 of 91
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Oh come off it. I have literally just stepped off the plane from that region. Piracy is rife by comparison, that is just a plain fact. 
    The person who wrote what you are replying to obviously does not think every damn asian pirates software, but by comparison to EU or North America there is no shadow of a doubt that when averaged out Asians love to pirate stuff!

    Thailand in particular has made great moves in the last few years to curb piracy as they are a very creative nation, and have more and more of their own IP to protect. And other countries are slowly getting their act together as well. I speak with first hand experience, as have been around the world a fair few times and have seen it with my own eyes.

    Plus, isn't what I am saying just damn obvious anyway? Do you really need to travel to these countries to draw this conclusion?! No.

    1) You seeing piracy does not means that an entire continent or nation of people are bad code. You don't think others pirate software? You don't think people in other countries break the law? Start any bit torrent right now and see where the IP addresses are from. Surely you do but you haven't said anything that would disparage any other continent or nation on earth. You've isolate it to one area, which you call a region, which you then made further generalizations on. You think this is fair, why?

    2) I've been around the world and I've tried to look at each place and culture objectively. There is piracy in China, but you can go to the streets of pretty much every major city and see the same thing. You can go anywhere to see justice failing. The only thing that appears to be unifying to al of man is a desire to push the envelope of what we can and can't get away with. That's it! It's that simple! That's why internet piracy is so common but selling illegal goods on the street has died off considerably in the US over the decades. Were we Americans bad code then?

    3) What you and others could have said without looking like asshats isn't "The Chinese have no conscience" but rather "Laws in Chinese make it easier to get away with certain crimes." Let's remember laws are specifically created because man is not always capable of not doing what is deemed best for society. That makes us human... just as I accept I will run into closed-minded, bigoted assholes from to time that thing they are inherently better than billions of other people that don't know.
  • Reply 30 of 91
    leighrleighr Posts: 231member
    Hopefully the Chinese government will come down hard on this Chinese site, just like they came down on Apple, when Chinese pirates distributed copyright material as their own App (huh?). If they don't, there's a whopping double standard going on here.
  • Reply 31 of 91
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    leighr wrote: »
    Hopefully the Chinese government will come down hard on this Chinese site, just like they came down on Apple, when Chinese pirates distributed copyright material as their own App (huh?). If they don't, there's a whopping double standard going on here.

    Historically this happens as a nation grows. We'll start to see more regulations (and enforcements) in place. I know of no other democratic nation that didn't go through what China is going through now, at some level. There will be mistakes made along the way but progress will be made so long as there are people that are willing to dream about a better future.
  • Reply 32 of 91
    asciiascii Posts: 5,941member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post





    They said they have no conscience. It doesn't matter what they specifically said they have no conscience about the first one said this was Asia with the 2nd saying it's China and Korea. This is no different than any other sort of racism or bigotry.



    Here are some classic examples:



    Woman aren't good at business.

    Blacks are subservient by nature.

    Jews are greedy.



    Then you have some people in pretty much every nation in the history of time making sweeping claims about other nations with no evidence.



    Here are a couple comments by famous people. You tell me if they are racist and bigoted or simply speaking the truth:



    In Jefferson's defense he did worry that his perception of the slaves may be wrong and of all the presidents he was by far the most scientific in his pursuits, however that doesn't change the fact that what he said was wrong. What you et al. are saying about all of Asia and/or all of China and/or all of one or both Koreas is the same thing. You have deemed all the people a certain way based on limited experience and no scientific data. At least try to be objective before you make racist comments.



    Or should we put all these "crafty by nature' Chinese and Koreans in the US in camps the way we did with the Japanese, deport or simple execute these unconscionable people?¡


     


    I support what you're trying to do (pointing out racist attitudes to try and stop them), but when you deny the obvious - that piracy is more rife in certain parts of the world (I have seen the endless pirate DVD markets with my own eyes) - you discredit the cause that we both believe in. 


     


    The way to end to racism is not to chide people for pointing out the obvious, but to say "Yes but." The "but" being that it's ideas that make people who they are, not their skin colour, and that in certain parts of the world bad ideas *may* have taken root for the moment, but ideas can change, and we must be careful not to associate people who look a certain way with certain ideas, we must talk to them and find out what they think as individuals before judging them.


     


    Anyway I suspect Apple will put an end to this site in short order.

  • Reply 33 of 91
    plagenplagen Posts: 151member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post





    1) You seeing piracy does not means that an entire continent or nation of people are bad code. You don't think others pirate software? You don't think people in other countries break the law? Start any bit torrent right now and see where the IP addresses are from. Surely you do but you haven't said anything that would disparage any other continent or nation on earth. You've isolate it to one area, which you call a region, which you then made further generalizations on. You think this is fair, why?



    2) I've been around the world and I've tried to look at each place and culture objectively. There is piracy in China, but you can go to the streets of pretty much every major city and see the same thing. You can go anywhere to see justice failing. The only thing that appears to be unifying to al of man is a desire to push the envelope of what we can and can't get away with. That's it! It's that simple! That's why internet piracy is so common but selling illegal goods on the street has died off considerably in the US over the decades. Were we Americans bad code then?



    3) What you and others could have said without looking like asshats isn't "The Chinese have no conscience" but rather "Laws in Chinese make it easier to get away with certain crimes." Let's remember laws are specifically created because man is not always capable of not doing what is deemed best for society. That makes us human... just as I accept I will run into closed-minded, bigoted assholes from to time that thing they are inherently better than billions of other people that don't know.


    I wonder, the planet you live on, are all horses that high?

  • Reply 34 of 91
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    plagen wrote: »
    I wonder, the planet you live on, are all horses that high?

    Says the guy who looks down on over 1 billion people.
  • Reply 35 of 91
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    ascii wrote: »
    I support what you're trying to do (pointing out racist attitudes to try and stop them), but when you deny the obvious - that piracy is more rife in certain parts of the world (I have seen the endless pirate DVD markets with my own eyes) - you discredit the cause that we both believe in. 
     
    The way to end to racism is not to chide people for pointing out the obvious, but to say "Yes but." The "but" being that it's ideas that make people who they are, not their skin colour, and that in certain parts of the world bad ideas *may* have taken root for the moment, but ideas can change, and we must be careful not to associate people who look a certain way with certain ideas, we must talk to them and find out what they think as individuals before judging them.
     
    Anyway I suspect Apple will put an end to this site in short order.

    1) I don't deny there is piracy. You deny the obvious by making sweeping implications that an entire group of people are naturally predisposed to certain crimes. You have denied that it is rampant in every country... or does internet piracy not count?

    2) There is no "Yes but." There is no valid argument to say that an entire continent of people have lower morals than others. I have no idea where you and others who are making these bigoted comments reside. Just like piracy, it's everywhere.
  • Reply 36 of 91
    You really should stop talking now...-enterprise-tools-to-distribute-free-pirated-apps#post_2313553"]

    "One can only generalize the truth, that is, communism has no conscience as its members are atheist and have no sense of higher power we call God.  This cause them to do things that are threats to mankind."
    [/quote]

    Stop repeating the fallacy that belief in a deity is a prerequisite for morality. There are atheists who choose to be good simply for goodness sake without the threat of eternal damnation, as there are those who claim to be pious that do not act morally regardless.
    You really should stop talking now...
  • Reply 37 of 91
    asciiascii Posts: 5,941member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post





    1) I don't deny there is piracy. You deny the obvious by making sweeping implications that an entire group of people are naturally predisposed to certain crimes. You have denied that it is rampant in every country... or does internet piracy not count?



    2) There is no "Yes but." There is no valid argument to say that an entire continent of people have lower morals than others. I have no idea where you and others who are making these bigoted comments reside. Just like piracy, it's everywhere.


    I don't believe in "natural predisposition." I believe our bodies are controlled by our minds, and what our minds do depends on what ideas they contain, and that we learn all our ideas after we are born, from people and books etc, we are not born with any. Since we are not born with any innate ideas, "natural predisposition" is BS.


     


    I also believe that our moral perspective (not just our factual perspective) is a function of our ideas. One person can be raised on Jane Austin and another on Mein Kampf. And also, there is no reason to believe that ideas would be uniformly distributed across the world. Why would they be? There are myriad influences, historical and otherwise why people in one part of the world might believe things different to another part. If one village learns something, some new scientific theory, but there is a big mountain between them and the next village, conceivably that idea might never be transmitted.


     


    So given all this (that morality is a function of ideas, and that ideas are not evenly distributed geographically), there is absolutely a valid argument to say that an entire continent of people might have different morals.

  • Reply 38 of 91
    gbdocgbdoc Posts: 82member


    Wow, X, you’re amazing! You’re so hell-bent on being a good, bias-free person - the best, fairest boy in the land - that you’ve become a fanatical foul-mouthed knee-jerk demagogue who, above all, has no idea, or even a consistent argument. “It’s not true” becomes “others do, too” becomes “it’s understandable (and thus excusable) because they’re evolving” becomes “their hearts are in the right place”, all blustered under the heading of “all of you are bigots”. Your name suggests that you believe that nothing else exists beyond your own mind, and your behaviour demonstrates your conviction that your mind, shifty as it is, is the only reasonable arbiter of anything. I suggest you may be mistaken. May I also suggest thinking before putting your mind in gear and your fingers on the keyboard.

  • Reply 39 of 91


    I can hardly remember a day going by when there isn't some news about the thieving Chinese................ thieving! They are terrorists without bombs.

  • Reply 40 of 91
    According to family and extended family, a Chinese national corporate attorney residing in Shanghai, a dual-citizen financial analyst of Taiwan/U.S. residing in Beijing, and several in the Taiwan computer tech industry (all holding dual citizenships), on the Chinese mainland it goes significantly beyond "laws in Chinese make it easier to get away with certain crimes." It is endemic within the Chinese culture raised under communist rule that the rest of the western world "owes them." This is true in many, if not all, business transactions, and particularly evident towards Chinese not raised under Communist rule. Among them and their associates, they concur that it will likely evolve/improve, but for now they claim to see much higher levels (than in the U.S.) of (and tolerance towards) piracy, corruption, and embezzlement. Cash, through surreptitious means, is heavily flowing from business kickbacks (controlled by Party members, but ending up in private accounts) into western real estate, coal mines, and coke facilities (for making concrete). One of the family in SoCal real estate was befriended and courted to be a conduit in one of these operations that is funneling millions per month from communist coffers.

    Political correctness has its place, but so does reality.
Sign In or Register to comment.