Apple reportedly offering WWDC tickets to select developers after quick sell-out

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    See that image at the top of the page? Looks like they sold out. The article also pitches this as a "second round" of ticket sales, due to the quick sellout.

But the article could be wrong. And likely is since all the twitter reports are comings from folks that tried to buy and got an error on the last step of submitting payment (and starting credit card authorization).

NOT that folks that tried way after the sell out, or didn't bother to try to get tickets, are suddenly getting calls cause Apple decided they can squeeze another 2k folks into the conference. Which is what the articles are implying.
  • Reply 42 of 50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Then don't stoop to sensationalism.

The registration system didn't allow some people to complete their transactions. How's that sensationalistic? Are you high?

• Reply 43 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

The registration system didn't allow some people to complete their transactions. How's that sensationalistic? Are you high?

You weren't fast enough in doing it, is all. Do you similarly complain when limited edition items run out? You simply were not fast enough.

You want a conspiracy theory, go right ahead. But it's called a conspiracy theory for a reason. I have one myself in this regard as to the limited edition DeLorean shoes released by Nike. image

• Reply 44 of 50
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,732member

Quote:

You weren't fast enough in doing it, is all. Do you similarly complain when limited edition items run out? You simply were not fast enough.

I was fast enough, but was simply served a bad login page upon checkout.  However, I'm not interested in going on a witch hunt about it.  And, after contacting their WWDC support about it, I'm satisfied with how they're handling the situation.

• Reply 45 of 50

The stack pieces are vaguely reminiscent of a watch face......just sayin'

• Reply 46 of 50
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

You want a conspiracy theory, go right ahead. But it's called a conspiracy theory for a reason. I have one myself in this regard as to the limited edition DeLorean shoes released by Nike. :lol:
    I don't see him or anyone else talking about a conspiracy theory. You're seriously losing it, ... Again. Get a grip, dude.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

I don't see him or anyone else talking about a conspiracy theory. You're seriously losing it, ... Again. Get a grip, dude.

Nor did I say so. I was posing the idea myself. Get over yourself, please, and actually read my posts before commenting on them.

• Reply 48 of 50
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Quote:

Nor did I say so. I was posing the idea myself. Get over yourself, please, and actually read my posts before commenting on them.

I did. And not just this one. You are jumping on other members for no good reason ... again. You've been down this path before, but have recently taken a turn for the normal. Looks like you're off track again.

• Reply 49 of 50
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Amazing how much nonsense is out there about WWDC. Go to c|net, Engadget, the Verge etc. and the comments sections are filled with people who think all the tickets are gobbled up by fanboys and the media or they're scalped. Even though the rules are very clear. In order to get a ticket you need to have a paid developer account. And the tickets are not transferable, so what good would scalping do? Plus there's a separate process for the keynote and the media. The media isn't buying $1600 tickets just to get into the keynote.

The anti-Apple trolls are clearly losing it. WWDC wasn't supposed to sell out in 2 minutes. It was supposed to take longer than last year to fit their meme that Apple is DOOMED and no longer cool. Lets not forget the article on ZDNET using selective data to suggest developers are leaving Apple's platforms in droves.

http://www.macgasm.net/2013/04/23/just-how-did-tech-journalism-get-this-bad/
  • Reply 50 of 50
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    auxio wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if some media sources are willing to shell out $1600 to have eyes and ears around Apple engineers all week in the hopes of getting some inside information.
    So media sources have paid developer accounts because they think they might get some "inside information" at WWDC?