New pics show off Berlin Apple Store interior ahead of launch, fans lining up

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
New pictures released to the Internet show the interior of Apple's soon to open Berlin store, as well as fans already in line waiting for the store's opening on Friday.

pathos

The store shown off in the new photos adheres, of course, to Apple's trademark minimalist aesthetic, with the walls sparsely decorated and Apple products arrayed in their familiar fashion. Apple allowed selected media into its Berlin store ahead of its opening, including Macerkopf.

bathos

Inside, the store is said to have a 360-degree Genius Bar, the first of its kind in Germany. The ground floor of the space is dedicated to Apple products, while the upper floors include conference rooms and an event space.

The new store, located in Berlin's most expensive shopping district, is set to open on Friday, and Apple has been slowly ramping up the hype for the opening after announcing its grand opening date last week.

thanatos

Already, Apple devotees are lining up ahead of the store's opening. Macerkopf spotted two fans already queued for the opening some 35 hours before the scheduled Saturday event. There are reportedly 200 Apple employees on hand at the store from 20 nationalities, with 12 different languages spoken between them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23

Those silly Apple sheeple. Don't they know Apple is a failing business and is doomed to be dead in short order?

Oh and as a good contrast, how many people are camping out in front of Best Buy's for the Samdung Experience Stores?

• Reply 2 of 23
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    1) I love the walls and ceiling.

2) I thought it was law that all German grand openings had to have 99 luftballoons.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    chandra69chandra69 Posts: 638member

The store looks so good. Better than many Apple Stores in USA.  May be because of high ceiling. 

• Reply 4 of 23
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Why is Apple opening new stores? I thought they were going out of business soon? Aren't they "bleeding"? That's what all the headlines are telling me. They should be closing stores, not opening new ones.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    umrk_labumrk_lab Posts: 550member

pfffff !!!! Apple is doomed ! only two people queuing !

• Reply 6 of 23
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    microsnot just opened a new store in san francisco's westfield mall on the 25th of april. i live close by but haven't been in yet. it is a block closer to me than the apple store, so maybe i'll switch to an all microsnot household.

[URL= youtube video of the ribbon cutting[/URL] reminds of something but i can't quite place my finger on it. oh, now i remember ... an apple store opening: the layout, t-shirts, receiving line for the first customers, etc. i guess if you can't come up with it on your own then the next best thing is to plagiarize from the leader.

as a friend used to say ... "where do you want to go, toady?"
  • Reply 7 of 23
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

bathos

I thin I like these wall displays better than the banners. Makes it look more like an art installation.

Not that I wouldn't still want one of the banners after they had been taken down, of course.

• Reply 8 of 23
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

New pictures released to the Internet show the interior of Apple's soon to open Berlin store, as well as fans already in line waiting for the store's opening on Friday.

[...]

Already, Apple devotees are lining up ahead of the store's opening. Macerkopf spotted two fans already queued for the opening some 35 hours before the scheduled Saturday event

Which is it? Friday or Saturday? It is supposed to rain on Saturday.

• Reply 9 of 23
    wdowellwdowell Posts: 226member

All that cash outside the US.. has to be spent :D

• Reply 10 of 23
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

bathos

I thin I like these wall displays better than the banners. Makes it look more like an art installation.

Not that I wouldn't still want one of the banners after they had been taken down, of course.

I agree with the art installation point, but I am not sure about the aesthetic of the walls: gives it a bit of a dull, grey, Stasi kind of look.

Do the employees seem.... ahem... a little on the portly side?

• Reply 11 of 23

agreed. and i bet at least one of them is gay. and for god's sake, there's a female working in the store. i can't imagine who would shop there.

(nice edit, btw. your original post said "ahem... a little overweight?")

(my edit of this post was for punctuation).
  • Reply 12 of 23
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    pooch wrote: »

agreed. and i bet at least one of them is gay. and for god's sake, there's a female working in the store. i can't imagine who would shop there.

(nice edit, btw. your original post said "ahem... a little overweight?")

(my edit of this post was for punctuation).

Can you please edit it again?
  • Reply 13 of 23
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:

I agree with the art installation point, but I am not sure about the aesthetic of the walls: gives it a bit of a dull, grey, Stasi kind of look.

Giant beers, giant pretzels.

• Reply 14 of 23
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I thought it was law that all German grand openings had to have 99 luftballoons.

Nope, it's a protest song: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99_Luftballons

Was that you?
    VH1 Classic, an American cable television station, ran a charity event for Hurricane Katrina relief in 2006. Viewers who made donations were allowed to choose which music videos the station would play. One viewer donated $35,000 for the right to program an entire hour and requested continuous play of Nena's "99 Luftballons" and "99 Red Balloons" videos. The station broadcast the videos as requested from 2:00 to 3:00pm EST on 26 March 2006.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    philboogie wrote: »
    Can you please edit it again?

nope. one edit per post.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I dunno. I like the walls. Since they can't be solid color brushed concrete, this is probably the next best thing.

All that beer and sausage.

• Reply 17 of 23
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    This will probably be at WWDC
  • Reply 18 of 23
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) I love the walls and ceiling.

2) I thought it was law that all German grand openings had to have 99 luftballoons.

1 - yes

2 - don't even go there... 

3 - don't mention the .... DOH!

• Reply 19 of 23
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    This has to be the most beautiful Apple store I've seen. The grey and white of the walls and ceiling nicely counterbalance the orange-brown of the tables.

Waiting 35 hours to enter a store is beyond lame though.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

I'm surprised it took them so long to open in Berlin, capital city of one of the world's biggest economies. Maybe the commerce laws are not very friendly? Great choice of building though.