Purported iOS 7 screens may show flat effects of Jony Ive's influence

Comments

• Reply 61 of 107
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Notice it looks NOTHING like Metro/Windows 8/Windows Phone 2007.

LOL @ claims that Apple is actually following the laughingstock of the industry's design snafus.

Apple is following Ive's tastes, now that he has the chance to implement them.

[B]Although we have yet to see iOS 7, it'll look distinctly Apple.[/B]
  • Reply 62 of 107
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Ummm... how about a weather icon that actually shows the current weather?

• Reply 63 of 107
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Instead of waiting around for years for Apple to maybe update their weather app or maybe not, why not just use a third party app, of which there are many to choose from, and some of those do show the current weather on the icon itself, if having that feature is important to you.

• Reply 64 of 107

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbird73 View Post

So glad it only took to posts 45 and 47 to get this point out there... First thing I noticed...

I don't think this phone has the OS. This phone is displaying a photo taken of the alleged OS. Then somebody else took another photo of this phone which is displaying the photo.

• Reply 65 of 107
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichL View Post

I'm with you on that one... Lock screen time and temperature would be nice.

• Reply 66 of 107
    fxgpvfxgpv Posts: 8member

Flat apps, looks like android. No dimensions. How innovative!!! I wont upgrade, and i bet it will take more than double time of ios6 for the same level. Why? If I want a boring experience without any difference from any other phone, I will chose a H3 or a One. 

• Reply 67 of 107
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by FXGPV

Flat apps, looks like android. No dimensions. How innovative!!! I wont upgrade, and i bet it will take more than double time of ios6 for the same level. Why? If I want a boring experience without any difference from any other phone, I will chose a H3 or a One. 

Effing try harder, people. This is just pathetic.

• Reply 68 of 107
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Saw this on a Barron's blog:

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2013/06/03/aapl-wwdc-catalyst-says-evercore-bend-twist-coming-says-global/?mod=yahoobarrons

In a somewhat more mysterious vein, Global Equities Research‘s Trip Chowdhry and colleagues today reiterate an Overweight rating and a $650 price target on Apple stock, writing that they have been attending about 9 to 12 tech conferences per month this year, and speaking to “400 to 500 people a month,” and that based on those conversations, they arrive at the common view that “iOS7 has a very simple, clean and uncluttered UI (User Interface), which may take little time to be appreciated.”

The authors add that “iOS7 is completed new UI, which is far superior to anything that is available out there.”

“Apple will aggressively go with Patent Infringement for each and every competitor that may have even tried to copy a small feature from iOS7.”

They also add that the new UI may support new touch gestures called “bend” and “squeeze.” I inquired with Chowdhry as to what that means, but he has no additional information.

The group observes that “None of the Apple currently shipping products support these gestures, which indicates a very high likelihood of a completely new Device that supports both Bend and Squeeze gestures.”
  • Reply 69 of 107
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member

I don't see what was so wrong about the game app. It was nice to get felt on the table.

• Reply 70 of 107
    This is an earlier build, and that leaked image might not even reflect the basic visual concepts of the OS. Pointless to conjure up feelings on what is obviously not going to be the new design. What do people have against gloss? What does it have to do with the fundamental design of software? It's just an accent isn't it? What am I missing? I don't have strong feelings one way or the other in the skeu vs flat debate, but I do feel like Windows 8 is both aesthetically pleasing but uncoordinated. I hoped Apple didn't go in that extreme direction, but I never believed they would anyway. Whatever it ends up looking like, it'll be the same ol cute iOS.
  • Reply 71 of 107

Originally Posted by AndrewofArabia View Post

This is an earlier build…

An earlier build of what?! We don't even know if it's real!

What do people have against gloss?

It's on the physical product; we don't need a second layer in the UI itself.

• Reply 72 of 107
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member
    Did this "photograph" originate from the Chicago Sun-Times? :smokey:
  • Reply 73 of 107
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member
    Everyone wanted the weather icon to reflect the actual temperature, not drop the number altogether.
  • Reply 74 of 107
    psitthipopsitthipo Posts: 33member
    Changing the Apple icons will hardly make a difference because, on my phone for example, has over 150 apps installed and the almost all of them don't have gloss overlay anyway. Getting rid of skeuomorphism also doesn't bother me, but I just think that iOS 7 at least needs to do what Lion did for Mac OS, otherwise Apple will keep falling behind its competitors.
  • Reply 75 of 107

Originally Posted by psitthipo View Post

…keep…

1/10; try harder.

• Reply 76 of 107
    Any developer can remove the gloss from their App Icon, its configurable by the dev. We did it with our apps starting two years ago. The gloss had its day, its over.

A small but distinct improvement imho.
  • Reply 77 of 107
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    My eyesight must be horrible because there is no way for me to tell there is no gloss on those icons or that these aren't just some Photoshopped result displayed on a device that was purposefully made to look worse with a photo to fool people.

1/10; try harder.

Remember when Mac HW and iPhones outsold Windows and Android OSes, respectively?¡
  • Reply 78 of 107
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Instead of waiting around for years for Apple to maybe update their weather app or maybe not, why not just use a third party app, of which there are many to choose from, and some of those do show the current weather on the icon itself, if having that feature is important to you.

You're blaming him for wanting Apple to provide that feature? He should instead download a third part weather app with a dodgy app badge workaround solution?
  • Reply 79 of 107
    I'm with you on that one... Lock screen time and temperature would be nice.

That'd be quite elegant.
  • Reply 80 of 107
    rogifan wrote: »
    Saw this on a Barron's blog:

That was your first mistake.