Liveblog: Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference 2013 Opening Keynote

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple is set to kick off its annual developers conference in just under and hour and AppleInsider is on hand to provide live coverage as chief executive Tim Cook ushers in the next era of Apple computing. Click here for our liveblog.



Click here if the page does not refresh to the liveblog in 3 seconds.
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 46
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member


    I predict a big day today beyond OSX and iOS.  iRadio, sure.  But I'll bet we see an Apple TV move, as well as at least 2 hardware upgrades.


     


    Edit: Hey look- I sound like an analyst.

  • Reply 2 of 46
    andysol wrote: »
    I predict a big day today beyond OSX and iOS.  iRadio, sure.  But I'll bet we see an Apple TV move, as well as at least 2 hardware upgrades.

    Edit: Hey look- I sound like an analyst.
    I don't think there would be hardware like itv or iwatch . Apple said it will release in fall . U may say Apple wants developers to test . In the past , Apple hasn't let developers to test before Apple releases new devices .
  • Reply 3 of 46
    Ah yeah....I can finally stop reading live blogs and actual watch the keynote live with the new Apple TV app.

    I'm excited about this.

    Too bad they could have this figured out when Steve was around. I would have loved to see it first instead of reading about his keynotes.
  • Reply 4 of 46
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,671member
    Cool to see all the people and press before the kick off. Love my AppleTV, again.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post





    I don't think there would be hardware like itv or iwatch . Apple said it will release in fall . U may say Apple wants developers to test . In the past , Apple hasn't let developers to test before Apple releases new devices .


     


    When did Apple say they would release what in the fall?


     


    Do you honestly think that Apple is moving to a once-a-year for all products schedule? 

  • Reply 6 of 46
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member


    It is indeed a great day to own an Apple TV.

  • Reply 7 of 46
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member


    Really nice opening video. Black and white motif clearly signifies something.

  • Reply 8 of 46
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post


    Really nice opening video. Black and white motif clearly signifies something.



     


    It reminded me of the new commercials, classy.

  • Reply 9 of 46


    Couple of minutes in, and I have counted five "incredibles" from Cook already...... ;-)

  • Reply 10 of 46
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,501member


    Anki Drive: We've reinvented AFX race cars for the 21st century. Yawn.

     

  • Reply 11 of 46


    Wow! Despite the slightly awkward pause in-between, Anki is quite unbelievable!

  • Reply 12 of 46
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 22,826member
    Can anyone remember Apple's WWDC keynote being the lauchpad for a new company before? Cool cars!! And the app is already available. . .
  • Reply 13 of 46
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    Couple of minutes in, and I have counted five "incredibles" from Cook already...... ;-)



     


    Are you drunk yet?


     


    ...


     


    We are drinking right? It's not just me?

  • Reply 14 of 46
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    Couple of minutes in, and I have counted five "incredibles" from Cook already...... ;-)



    Are you watching on Apple TV?


     


    I'm on Safari, and the stream seems to be slightly delayed, because it hasn't started yet.


     


    I'm hearing some awfully dated music and seeing shots of the crowd. Not that I really care, but there's not exactly many minorities in that crowd.

  • Reply 15 of 46
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    Wow! Despite the slightly awkward pause in-between, Anki is quite unbelievable!



     


    I wish I knew more about that kind of stuff, it strikes me as the type of thing that's much more incredible when you know more about how it works.

  • Reply 16 of 46
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    Are you watching on Apple TV?


     


    I'm on Safari, and the stream seems to be slightly delayed, because it hasn't started yet.


     


    I'm hearing some awfully dated music and seeing shots of the crowd. Not that I really care, but there's not exactly many minorities in that crowd.



     


    Safari is working for me.

  • Reply 17 of 46
    nhtnht Posts: 4,516member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post


    Anki Drive: We've reinvented AFX race cars for the 21st century. Yawn.

     



     


    Except they can race themselves.  It's a pretty impressive next step up from AR Drone.  Anki's AI as applied to AR Drone like vehicles would allow for mass market toy drone behavior currently only seen in university labs.

  • Reply 18 of 46
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 22,826member
    Sea Lion..
  • Reply 19 of 46
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post


     


    Safari is working for me.



     


    I'll check my link again, thanks.

  • Reply 20 of 46
    nhtnht Posts: 4,516member


    Oh no...no more cat names.


     


    Mavericks...kinda lame IMHO.

Sign In or Register to comment.