Briefly: Jony Ive's title at Apple shortened to 'SVP of Design'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Hmm...looks like there are some hidden features people are finding in iOS 7, like the ability to hide built in apps, create folders within folders, and additional gestures like pinching to close an app folder. I wonder if any of this will ever be available to the public?

http://************/2013/06/17/hidden-settings-show-apple-tested-gesture-folder-enhancements-for-ios-7/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+(9+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence)

Those screen captures look absolutely horrific.
  • Reply 43 of 53

It wouldn't be the first time. I've switched back and forth between iOS and Android several times, so yes, that is a possibility. I'm reserving final judgement for when it ships.

• Reply 44 of 53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

So what should iOS 7 look like?

Not like this:

• Reply 45 of 53
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Those screen captures look absolutely horrific.
    Why? Keep in mind most of it will probably never see the light of day.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    rogifan wrote: »
    Why? Keep in mind most of it will probably never see the light of day.

I'll take your word for it. It's completely counterintuitive that with the billions in profits they are making they would fall so short in terms of iOS 7s temporary appearance. A team of 4 or 5 seasoned icon designers could've made short work of this and had a rollout with a far more sophisticated iOS at WWDC.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    el tugael tuga Posts: 9member
    It's a shame what he did to iOS. I hope Apple hears our complains and takes it back to the drawing board.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    nishinnishin Posts: 4member
    His title should have been "Head of Too Little, Too Late" and then fired for giving us Android/jailbreak level tweaks to functionality and a 2 year old, entirely unoriginal redesign that can't possibly stand for another 5 years.
  • Reply 49 of 53
    nishinnishin Posts: 4member
    His title should have been "Head of Too Little, Too Late" and then fired for giving us Android/jailbreak level tweaks to functionality and a 2 year old, entirely unoriginal redesign that can't possibly stand for another 5 years.

He should be ousted for what he has done to the looks of ios7. Yuck ! Apple, fire him and bring back Scott. ios7 UI is akin to the ugly new Windows Tile based UI.

I am not upgrading for sure unless the system has a knob to continue to use the ios6 icon design.

Has the downward spiral of Apple post Jobs started ?

Nishi
  • Reply 50 of 53
    cityguidecityguide Posts: 129member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

The Mac Mini is a waste for it's gutless nature as it in no way competes with any of the other lines, especially capabilities wise.

You take that back! Not only does the Mini's noble character enable it to integrate elegantly into my family room, but its innate strength drives a 50' Samsung television and controls a satellite box. The woeful term 'media controller' doesn't begin to describe the intelligence and function it brings to what is otherwise a pretty but dumb glass monolith mounted on the wall. Everyone who sees it is confounded when I switch from a full-screen showing of Game of Thrones to a 37% screen of coming attractions while checking mail or the program guide. We can talk about its DVR and MP4-ripping prowess later.

If form follows function, the Mac Mini is a Q-ship.

• Reply 51 of 53
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    el tuga wrote: »
    It's a shame what he did to iOS. I hope Apple hears our complains and takes it back to the drawing board.

The only word in this post that makes any sense is 'iOS'.
  • Reply 52 of 53
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I will also attempt to keep from being too judgemental, but if the release version of iOS 7 is not a vastly improved piece of software, (hopefully this doesn't come off as over dramatic) I will sell all my AAPL stock. Jony Ive is not a seasoned graphic designer, I can only hope that there is a seasoned professional with a strong voice who will take up the mantle of functional design at Apple or they are in far worse shape than even I imagined. Gods, this is so depressing... I really want to like iOS 7.

I do too. I'm pulling for Apple. However, I just feel like they were a company that stayed ahead of the curve, for so long, and now they live on the back side of the curve. Yeah, they make lots of money, but that doesn't impress me. Hell, I'm glad they do because I was there when it got so bad we really thought Apple wouldn't survive. However, Cook is no Jobs, and he just lacks vision, IMO. He seems more interested in milking the cow than breeding it to make more cows.

• Reply 53 of 53
    ruel24 wrote: »
    I do too. I'm pulling for Apple. However, I just feel like they were a company that stayed ahead of the curve, for so long, and now they live on the back side of the curve. Yeah, they make lots of money, but that doesn't impress me. Hell, I'm glad they do because I was there when it got so bad we really thought Apple wouldn't survive. However, Cook is no Jobs, and he just lacks vision, IMO. He seems more interested in milking the cow than breeding it to make more cows.

There is still time to do iOS 7 right, don't get me wrong. It's a matter of assigning the right people to the problem and tweaking responsibilities.