Google's Schmidt: Apple and Google holding 'lots and lots' of meetings

Comments

• Reply 21 of 79

What Schmidt left unsaid was how the Google negotiators have to enter the conference room groveling on their knees and clean the shoes of the Apple negotiators with their tongues before Apple will even acknowledge the Googles have entered the room... And before any Google negotiators can say anything they must ask, "Mother, may I...? 

In spite of anything Schmidt says, the war with Apple has got to have hurt them in ways they haven't acknowledged. And then Apple's promotion of "Bing" has got to scare them. Not all is as it seems in Googleville.

• Reply 22 of 79
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    Forget glass.
    Said it before, gonna say it again - Larry Page dartboard and Schmidt punchbag.
    Something for everyone
    They'll sell millions :D
  • Reply 23 of 79
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    It's probably because iOS 7 is going to use Bing for Siri, Google probably has to do some damage control to save one of Google's cash cows since they make a lot of money from IOS users.
  • Reply 24 of 79
    applesauce007applesauce007 Posts: 1,698member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Judas also participated in lots and lots of meetings with Jesus in regards to their relationship...

(No, I don't actually believe in the bible!)

Eric: "Sorry! We really, really fucked up! I'm really sorry about everything that happened!"

Apple: "**** off'.

That, is defined as an Eric Schmidt meeting.

LOL.  That's a good one.

Eric Schmidt is not to be trusted again.  Google is not to be trusted again,

If Google wants to buy Macs and/or develop Apps meet with them at a neutral location.

Keep them off of Apple Campuses.  They may have hidden Google cameras to copy everything in site and pass it on to Samsung.

Keep Google applications away from your iOS devices and use Yahoo/Bing for searching.  It works better.

• Reply 25 of 79
    gerritgerrit Posts: 29member
    My girlfriend's iPhone 4S started using Yahoo for search from the search box last week. There's no explanation as to why... Could it be the carrier settings? (She's on Sprint.)

I'm a developer and can't figure out any other way that setting could have been changed... I'm 99% sure she didn't do it. She never using the Settings app and even has it buried in a folder.
  • Reply 26 of 79
    red oak wrote: »
    If I were Apple, I'd offer new users, backup reinstalls, and software upgrades the option of selecting Bing as their default search provider. I'd put the Bing option above Google on the page

And Boom. Watch 30% of Google's mobile business in the US evaporate overnight

Apple should start by making this part of the iOS7 ilaunch install

F*** Schmidt
    What makes you think that the apple used want just switch to Google?ad an apple user, I like Google services.
  • Reply 27 of 79
    LOL.  That's a good one.
    Eric Schmidt is not to be trusted again.  Google is not to be trusted again,
    If Google wants to buy Macs and/or develop Apps meet with them at a neutral location.
    Keep them off of Apple Campuses.  They may have hidden Google cameras to copy everything in site and pass it on to Samsung.

Keep Google applications away from your iOS devices and use Yahoo/Bing for searching.  It works better.
    Most of you guys on this site have lose sense of reality. There is no way bing and yahoo's services are better than Google. Don't let your hatred blind you.
  • Reply 28 of 79

I must ask you all why is that Google is the one who is in many of your fantasies begging apple. What does Google have to beg apple for. I think what both of these companies should do is work together to get Google hangouts and iMessage to cooperate with one another. In reality an exclusive messaging protocol does not help anyone in the long run. With iMessage it serves to piss people off when they eventually switch to another platform. 

• Reply 29 of 79
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Hey, look.

Google Ass.

• Reply 30 of 79
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

I must ask you all why is that Google is the one who is in many of your fantasies begging apple. What does Google have to beg apple for. I think what both of these companies should do is work together to get Google hangouts and iMessage to cooperate with one another. In reality an exclusive messaging protocol does not help anyone in the long run. With iMessage it serves to piss people off when they eventually switch to another platform. 

Apple's excellence in hardware, software, and focus on ease-of-use and simplicity, combined with Google's excellent online services would, in one reality, be an unbeatable combo. One that would scare the sh!t out of Microsoft.

Unfortunately, Google has proven themselves untrustworthy, not only as a business partner, but to their own customers, not just once or twice, but numerous times. Again and again and again.

That, my friend, is why you see such intense dislike of them, and why you also see such hatred for similar companies such as Samsung.

• Reply 31 of 79
    applesauce007applesauce007 Posts: 1,698member

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealestmc View Post

Most of you guys on this site have lose sense of reality. There is no way bing and yahoo's services are better than Google. Don't let your hatred blind you.

Have you honestly tried it ?

The results are essentially the same but bing has nicer presentation.

Apple does not need to partner with Google.  Just let them develop their spying iOS apps for people who want them and that's it.

Yahoo is much more complementary to Apple.

Considering the importance of iCloud to Apple's future, they should seriously consider buying Yahoo to integrate into iCloud.  

Mail and Flicker are the only 2 overlaps. Apple could enhance Yahoo's products and really provide more services for iOS and OS 10.

Google and Samsung will always be looking to copy from and compete with Apple.

Remember that Google bought intellectual property to give to Samsung and HTC so they can sue Apple.

Only deal with them when you have no other choice and right now Apple has choices.

• Reply 32 of 79
    doxxicdoxxic Posts: 100member
    If Cook had said this, it would have been news.

Now it's just the squeaking of a rat.
  • Reply 33 of 79
    rednivalrednival Posts: 331member
    I am fairly confident the hatred between Apple and Google is no where near as intense as most of you imagine. I recall the shock years ago when Apple and Microsoft announced their plans to work together on IE and Office for Mac. I doubt the leaders of these successful companies got where they are today by being petty and immature.

That said, Scmidt didn't say what they're talking about. It could be as simple as discussing the apps they do have for iOS. Google has stated the importance of iOS for them.

In the tech industry, you sometimes have to work with people you would rather not. Apple can decrease reliance on Google but it can't ignore them entirely

And there is always that old saying to consider:

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
  • Reply 34 of 79
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member
    rednival wrote: »
    I am fairly confident the hatred between Apple and Google is no where near as intense as most of you imagine. I recall the shock years ago when Apple and Microsoft announced their plans to work together on IE and Office for Mac. I doubt the leaders of these successful companies got where they are today by being petty and immature.

That said, Scmidt didn't say what they're talking about. It could be as simple as discussing the apps they do have for iOS. Google has stated the importance of iOS for them.

In the tech industry, you sometimes have to work with people you would rather not. Apple can decrease reliance on Google but it can't ignore them entirely

And there is always that old saying to consider:

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    How does that saying work in the Internet age?
  • Reply 35 of 79
    taniwhataniwha Posts: 347member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobM View Post

Forget glass.

Said it before, gonna say it again - Larry Page dartboard and Schmidt punchbag.

Something for everyone

They'll sell millions image

Hey Rob,

You seem to be vastly overestimating the number of complete idiots on AI.

• Reply 36 of 79
    nikiloknikilok Posts: 383member
    Look guys Android is already beginning to struggle in the mobile war. While Apple's pushing iOS 7 to greater heights, Google's basically patching up issues in there eco system, which is flooded with malware. Would be interesting to see what Google comes up with there so called fix to fragmentation.

Google's been doing some PR lately to get ppl to like them lately, with movies like "The Internship". Just wait until Apple comes up with a lower cost iPhone and take mobile revenues back from Android.
  • Reply 37 of 79
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    I must ask you all why is that Google is the one who is in many of your fantasies begging apple.

isn't it obvious? Google thrives by having access to every computer user on the planet's personal information. Apple has a very large fraction of mobile users - and Google needs to gain access to them in order to fulfill their business plan. Apple has the ability to block that objective.
  • Reply 38 of 79
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

And has a nauseating face to boot!

But why would you want to?

• Reply 39 of 79
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    nikilok wrote: »
    Look guys Android is already beginning to struggle in the mobile war. While Apple's pushing iOS 7 to greater heights, Google's basically patching up issues in there eco system, which is flooded with malware. Would be interesting to see what Google comes up with there so called fix to fragmentation.

Google's been doing some PR lately to get ppl to like them lately, with movies like "The Internship". Just wait until Apple comes up with a lower cost iPhone and take mobile revenues back from Android.

Source for the statement that Android is losing?

Some of you folks are silly. Using yahoo instead of Google, as if yahoo doesn't use your info the same ways as Google...and Apple for that matter. Do you seriously think you make a difference? Grow up.

I'm an Apple freak as much as anyone, but Apple isn't perfect. Neither are its competitors.

Some folks in this site have lost touch with reality. Read an alternate site for some perspective. Neither Android or iOS are going away and that is a great thing. Competition is good for the consumer.

Sheesh.
  • Reply 40 of 79
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I must ask you all why is that Google is the one who is in many of your fantasies begging apple.

I'll assume you are being serious here ... Have you any idea how little $ Google make from Android users and how much from Apple users? Then imagine Apple, as they will, throttling off the Apple users $ stream going Google's way. Now you can see why this creep is in deep doo doo?