iPhone users pay average of 19 cents per app, Android users pay just 6 cents

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    I regularly throw down $5-10 for quality and faithful digital reproductions of Euro Board games.

Seeing iOS and the App Store succeeding as strong platforms restores my faith in humanity. I'm confident about investing in iOS because Apple provides for a curated experience that is essentially the only effective way to manage both rogue software and piracy.

I'm totally fine with spending money on supporting developers that don't go down the "freemium" route.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    poksipoksi Posts: 482member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

What about the billions of Android activations per hour?

It's gazillions....

• Reply 23 of 25
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Android users, meanwhile, are the least likely to pay for software, at just 6 cents per download ? less than a third of what iPhone owners pay, and more than eight times less than the average spent by iPad users.

I really wish people would stop using ridiculous nomenclature to make things sound impressive.

The iPad gets $0.50 per app. What would "8 times less" than $0.50 be? Well, 8 times $0.50 is $4.00, so 8 times less would be negative $3.50 per app - so someone would have to pay you $3.50 every time you downloaded an app.

Correct wording would be to say that Android generates 1/8 as much revenue per app as the iPad - or 87% less. Or to say that Apple generates 7 times more revenue per app. Or 8 times as much revenue per app.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    BREAKING: People are willing to pay more for quality.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Does this mean ios users are 3x smarter or 3x STUPIDIER than android users.... you decide.. I already know..