Apple says its developer site was hacked, but that sensitive data was encrypted

Comments

• Reply 81 of 107
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    tt92618 wrote: »
    Nor can YOU say they were not.  

Good thing I didn't, huh? In fact, I was merely addending the post that did mention that.
    You are almost always the first with your virulent brand of mindlessly sycophantic Apple rants about other members here, but you conveniently sweep under the rug that your own logic is as flawed as the people you are attacking.

lol, irony. And lies; can't forget the lies.
    ...specifically states that A) "An intruder attempted...

There you go. Did you read your e-mail?
    Apple would not acknowledge the possibility of data theft if there had been no successful breach.

Talk about flawgic! :lol:
    relic wrote: »
    You're kidding right, 20 million is nothing compared to what Microsoft, Google, Amazon, even eBay spend a year. It cost over 100 million to get Bing operational.

Come on, now. You're comparing a company's restricted developer website to a search engine designed to scrape the entire Internet AND receive requests thereof and push out information for said requests 24/7. It's completely different.
  • Reply 82 of 107
    The headline of this article is missing the word "no" before the word "data".

Sloppy.
  • Reply 83 of 107
    The headline of this article is missing the word "no" before the word "data".

Sloppy.

"Apple says its developer site was hacked, but that sensitive no data was encrypted"?

Sloppy, indeed. :no:
  • Reply 84 of 107
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

That was the worst kind of data to not encrypt, the sensitive no data stuff.

• Reply 85 of 107
    asdasd wrote: »
    That was the worst kind of data to not encrypt, the sensitive no data stuff.

But it's also the easiest to encrypt: just put it on WOM.
  • Reply 86 of 107
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    How long is this going to take?

I've been in need of downloading Xcode since Thursday. This is ridiculous. My Mac developer membership actually expired on Wednesday the day before this happened, and now I can't even re-up it.

And are we really going to miss out on DP 4 and iOS beta 4 today because of this nonsense???

Get it together Apple, there is a ship to sail here.
  • Reply 87 of 107

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

How long is this going to take?

I've been in need of downloading Xcode since Thursday. This is ridiculous. My Mac developer membership actually expired on Wednesday the day before this happened, and now I can't even re-up it.

And are we really going to miss out on DP 4 and iOS beta 4 today because of this nonsense???

Get it together Apple, there is a ship to sail here.

They are in a bit of a fix. Apparantly the exploit was a simple script injection. So now they have to write new code and pen test it. If they don't someone else will prove their new security has another flaw. By being down so long they now have to make sure that it is secure when up.

• Reply 88 of 107
    I'm guessing there is no way they would issue DP4 & iOS 7 beta4 with the Dev center still down...even though they could via OTA updates.
  • Reply 89 of 107
    tt92618tt92618 Posts: 444member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Good thing I didn't, huh? In fact, I was merely addending the post that did mention that.

lol, irony. And lies; can't forget the lies.

There you go. Did you read your e-mail?

Talk about flawgic! image

Come on, now. You're comparing a company's restricted developer website to a search engine designed to scrape the entire Internet AND receive requests thereof and push out information for said requests 24/7. It's completely different.

There is nothing flawed about it - you apparently can't comprehend the English language.  For starters:

1) An intruder is a person who has INTRUDED, e.g. they have entered into an area forbidden them.  For Apple to use that language implies that there was a breach, not an attempted breach, as you keep insisting (despite all evidence to the contrary).

2) Apple is acknowledging the possibility that some data may have been stolen.  Again, they would not do this if they were certain no intrusion had taken place.

• Reply 90 of 107
    (despite all evidence to the contrary)

All evidence, huh. :no:
    2) Apple is acknowledging the possibility that some data may have been stolen.  Again, they would not do this if they were certain no intrusion had taken place.

Of course they would.
  • Reply 91 of 107
    tt92618tt92618 Posts: 444member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

All evidence, huh. image

Of course they would.

Good grief, you are insufferable.  

• Reply 92 of 107
    Are we really arguing about this. Still?

He was an intruder, so he was a successful intruder. He may not have been successful at getting data, but he was successful at intruding. And, he has outed himself with apparently genuine email addresses.
  • Reply 93 of 107
    Good grief, you are insufferable.

I guess no company has ever had its users change passwords to be safe rather than sorry, even if none were confirmed to have been affected, huh¡

Can't believe you're still on this kick.
  • Reply 94 of 107
    creepcreep Posts: 80member
    Oops.
  • Reply 95 of 107
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Oh yeah, I guess you're right, still can't be cheap though.
  • Reply 96 of 107
    thewbthewb Posts: 80member

Twice so far this afternoon I have received "How to reset your Apple ID password" emails, but i have not attempted to do so. I take that as a sign that developer email addresses have in fact been taken.

• Reply 97 of 107
    thewb wrote: »
    Twice so far this afternoon I have received "How to reset your Apple ID password" emails, but i have not attempted to do so. I take that as a sign that developer email addresses have in fact been taken.

so how is that happening?
  • Reply 98 of 107
    pmz wrote: »
    I'm guessing there is no way they would issue DP4 & iOS 7 beta4 with the Dev center still down...even though they could via OTA updates.

Well I'm glad I was wrong. Didn't stop them from releasing DP 4, which I've got up and running now.

Let's hope iOS 7 beta 4 is next.
  • Reply 99 of 107
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWB View Post

Can you look at the source code of the email and post the link that it tells you to go too, please.

• Reply 100 of 107
    thewbthewb Posts: 80member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Can you look at the source code of the email and post the link that it tells you to go too, please.

Absolutely not. Shame on you for trying that.