iOS phone share growing faster than Android in US, UK and France

Comments

• Reply 21 of 71
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonysexual View Post

I have an honest question for you Americans: Are American engineers really so incompetent that you guys deem things like pinch-to-zoom and bounce-back scrolling worthy of patents?

Well, gee, have you ever thought that the reason Samsung had their "Crisis of Design" moment was because these patents made the iPhone experience superior to any smartphone out at the time.....which is why Samsung "adopted" those UI functions?

Take my word for it....you're gonna lose this argument. Stop trolling for dollars.

• Reply 22 of 71

Quote:

And what if the American company contributes less to the American economy than the foreign company?

Money has to be spent for the USD to sustain value. If Apple doesn't spend the money, no one but Apple benefits.

Citation, please. We're not just going to take your word for it.

• Reply 23 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Well, gee, have you ever thought that the reason Samsung had their "Crisis of Design" moment was because these patents made the iPhone experience superior to any smartphone out at the time.....which is why Samsung "adopted" those UI functions?

Take my word for it....you're gonna lose this argument. Stop trolling for dollars.

Design is not the same thing as technology. One is worthy of a patent and the other isn't.

• Reply 24 of 71
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member

The iPhone Color is going to double Apple's share in a lot of these countries.

• Reply 25 of 71

Quote:

Too bad Samsung does everything really well and not half-assed like you claim.

Just look at their smartphones. The materials and build quality are second to.....a lot of other smartphone HW manufacturers.

• Reply 26 of 71

Quote:

Design is not the same thing as technology. One is worthy of a patent and the other isn't.

So I guess you haven't seen Samsung's phone designs before...and after....the original iPhone.

• Reply 27 of 71

Quote:

Just look at their smartphones. The materials and build quality are second to.....a lot of other smartphone HW manufacturers.

Feeling cheap is not the same thing as being of high quality. Apple's iPhone has quite a ton of problems themselves (Typical low-quality American products). It's made out of cheap aluminum, the same kind you would find in a supermarket selling canned food.

Have you ever noticed that using an iPhone for over 2 months causes lots of scratching and wearing of the Apple logo on the back? Yeah, you do.

Now have you ever used a GS3 or GS4? I've had a GS3 for a year now and the back still looks like brand new. The Galaxy SIII logo on the back isn't even a bit worn-off and teared like my iPhone 5's back.

The plastic that Samsung uses is carefully engineered and highly durable.

• Reply 28 of 71

Quote:

So I guess you haven't seen Samsung's phone designs before...and after....the original iPhone.

Way to miss the point. I'll repeat: Design is not the same thing as technology.

Why is it that only Americans fail to understand this? People I've talked to in Europe and Asia all seem to understand this. Is it because math and science levels are so poor in America that people here really think drawing a rectangle counts as technology?

• Reply 29 of 71

Quote:

Why is it that only Americans fail to understand this? People I've talked to in Europe and Asia all seem to understand this. Is it because math and science levels are so poor in America that people here really think drawing a rectangle counts as technology?

Can you debate without slamming a person or a country? Apple are more innovators than inventors and they acknowledge that. 

Sorry I missed your point through all of your spew but I find it convenient of you to ignore my very valid point about Samsung doing a design 180 AFTER the first iPhone....which is arguably the reason why Samsung is now doing so well in the smartphone business.

• Reply 30 of 71

Quote:

Can you debate without slamming a person or a country? Apple are more innovators than inventors and they acknowledge that. 

Sorry I missed your point through all of your spew but I find it convenient of you to ignore my very valid point about Samsung doing a design 180 AFTER the first iPhone.

The only thing Apple did was make a better-looking phone than Samsung.

In terms of form factor, the F700 had a similar shape to the first iPhone. They were both rectangles with rounded corners with a touch screen.

• Reply 31 of 71

Can't we talk about the news of iPhone growth being fueled by iPhone 4.  It makes me thing growth will be even more fuelled when iPhone 4S is the $0 phone.  What does everyone else think?

• Reply 32 of 71
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member

For god's sake guys... ignore this twat!

There is not one mention of Samsung in the article.... don't let an obvious troll divert the conversation. Do you want to talk about the Kantar figures.... or not.

• Reply 33 of 71
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    sonysexual wrote: »

Wow, you're stupid. Again, shut up and go away.
    piot wrote: »
    For god's sake guys… ignore this twat! There is not one mention of Samsung in the article.... don't let an obvious troll divert the conversation.

No, no. "Everyone deserves to have their opinion heard". That's why anyone can post anything they want for any reason.
  • Reply 34 of 71
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

The "design" is the software and it's implementation. Hows Samsung going with it's non-American software? Hows that working out for it? Bada is it? Exactly 0.0000001% of its sales.

But I see the point, somewhat. Apple need to get intel to fab the ARM chips if Intel are willing to do it. In fact Apple should invest in a fab with Intel.

Or better - move to Intel mobile chips. Intel works well on my MacBook. In the meantime clearly if the iPhone 4 can make inroads into Android's share in the quarter where the Samsung latest and greatest - was it is S4, or 5, does anybody remember? - then we can only imagine what will happen when the 5c is released. Carnage.

And given the contempt that South Koreans such as yourself have for Americans, time to withdraw the troops and let Kim have his way.

Not until Apple doesn't need Samsung though.
  • Reply 35 of 71
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Three phones vs three hundred phones.

Keep setting us up with serves like that and you trolls wonder why we get aces?

Does it really matter? Actually it does, its always wiser to collect revenue from a multitude of sources than just a few.
  • Reply 36 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

The "design" is the software and it's implementation. Hows Samsung going with it's non-American software? Hows that working out for it? Bada is it? Exactly 0.0000001% of its sales.

But I see the point, somewhat. Apple need to get intel to fab the ARM chips if Intel are willing to do it. In fact Apple should invest in a fab with Intel.

Or better - move to Intel mobile chips. Intel works well on my MacBook. In the meantime clearly if the iPhone 4 can make inroads into Android's share in the quarter where the Samsung latest and greatest - was it is S4, or 5, does anybody remember? - then we can only imagine what will happen when the 5c is released. Carnage.

And given the contempt that South Koreans such as yourself have for Americans, time to withdraw the troops and let Kim have his way.

Not until Apple doesn't need Samsung though.

"The "design" is the software and it's implementation."

No, it's not. The "design" is how the UI and device looks, not its implementation, you dimwit.

"And given the contempt that South Koreans such as yourself have for Americans"

1) I'm not a South Korean. I know making up paranoid conspiracy theories about South Koreans supporting Samsung and trolling Apple sites is popular amongst you Applesexuals, but have you ever thought about going to see a psychiatrist?

U.S. favorability in South Korea is 79%, hardly making your case that South Korea hates Americans.

• Reply 37 of 71
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Does it really matter?

It's the argument at hand, so yes.

Do you know how to hold a conversation?
  • Reply 38 of 71
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    "The "design" is the software and it's implementation."
    No, it's not. The "design" is how the UI and device looks, not its implementation, you dimwit.
    "And given the contempt that South Koreans such as yourself have for Americans"
    lol.gif
    1) I'm not a South Korean. I know making up paranoid conspiracy theories about South Koreans supporting Samsung and trolling Apple sites is popular amongst you Applesexuals, but have you ever thought about going to see a psychiatrist?
    2) http://www.pewglobal.org/2010/06/17/obama-more-popular-abroad-than-at-home/
    U.S. favorability in South Korea is 79%, hardly making your case that South Korea hates Americans.

I'll be a bit remedial. The patents which Apple applied for - and the ones you talked about like rubber banding - are software patents. Not just design. Apple provides its own software, if you haven't noticed.

1) No paranoid conspiracy theories. You seem not to like Americans -, and think that Koreans are real smart altogether. So I'm pegging you as Korean. I am not American, though. As for a shrink I think were I to ever pop over to AndroidInsider with nationalist pro-American and pro-Apple rants I would see that shrink, because that would be extremely weird indeed given that I don't have an Android device, or care about them. In the meantime I will stay here where I am often accused of being not pro-Apple enough, and discuss with people who have Apple devices since I have one. However, maybe...you should...possibly...think of a shrink? Just saying.
    2) Thats nice. My grandma used to grow tomatoes. I was accusing you of a bias, not all Koreans.
  • Reply 39 of 71
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member

Sick of this Sonysexual troll. BLOCKED

• Reply 40 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

I'll be a bit remedial. The patents which Apple applied for - and the ones you talked about like rubber banding - are software patents. Not just design. Apple provides its own software, if you haven't noticed.

1) No paranoid conspiracy theories. You seem not to like Americans -, and think that Koreans are real smart altogether. So I'm pegging you as Korean. I am not American, though. As for a shrink I think were I to ever pop over to AndroidInsider with nationalist pro-American and pro-Apple rants I would see that shrink, because that would be extremely weird indeed given that I don't have an Android device, or care about them. In the meantime I will stay here where I am often accused of being not pro-Apple enough, and discuss with people who have Apple devices since I have one. However, maybe...you should...possibly...think of a shrink? Just saying.

2) Thats nice. My grandma used to grow tomatoes.

I don't like American patriots/Conservatives supporting Apple because I think they are hypocrites. I have no qualms with Conservatives from places like downloadpolitics.com that openly hate Apple. Wanna know why? It's because they're consistent. They know Apple is only American in name and is lobbying for plenty of left-wing causes. And where did I say Koreans are really smart? I said most of the engineering is done in South Korea, which is a fact for most technology these days. Even the company I work for has all or most of the engineering done in South Korea and Taiwan. We just rebrand their technology. Sorry if the truth hurts you. Stay butthurt, American. image