Resale value of Apple's iPhone 4 increased 10% since April, Galaxy S III dropped 27%

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    soloman wrote: »
    Name your source.

You first, troll. Sammy has paid for "organic" endorsements, bribed the SK govt, paid for good reviews, and paid for fake outrage against Apple. I wouldn't put this passed them.
  • Reply 22 of 52
    solomansoloman Posts: 228member
    jungmark wrote: »
    You first, troll. Sammy has paid for "organic" endorsements, bribed the SK govt, paid for good reviews, and paid for fake outrage against Apple. I wouldn't put this passed them.

My source is my eyes. I see cracked iPhones 4/4S quite a bit since my friend owns a repair shop. On a slow day he repairs no less than 10 iPhones. I have yet to see a SGS 3 bought in for repairs.

Did you hear about LG offering payment for positive reviews as well?

http://news.asiaone.com/news/digital1/lg-attempted-buy-reviews-new-phone

The South Korean companies are shameless.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    I see cracked iPhones 4/4S quite a bit since my friend owns a repair shop.

Well, duh
  • Reply 24 of 52
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Will not and you're unable to see the obvious truth.

Post some and I might.
  • Reply 25 of 52
    philboogie wrote: »
    Well, duh

No, not duh. I don't see many other devices. Mostly iPhones, iPods, and BBs for a track ball/pad replacement.
  • Reply 26 of 52
    ceek74ceek74 Posts: 324member

From Sammy's point-of-view, the value of the iPhone 4 has negatively decreased by 10% since April while the GS3 has counter-postively increased in value.

• Reply 27 of 52
    No, not duh. I don't see many other devices. Mostly iPhones, iPods, and BBs for a track ball/pad replacement.

Maybe because Many android devices aren't worth fixing. Nice anecdote. All but one of my friends have iPhones. That one friend has an Android device. Guess who had the cracked screen.
  • Reply 28 of 52
    Samsung has always been the commodity while Apple the luxury.
  • Reply 29 of 52
    Maybe because Many android devices aren't worth fixing. Nice anecdote. All but one of my friends have iPhones. That one friend has an Android device. Guess who had the cracked screen.

It's more like that they have insurance whereas many iPhone owners don't.
  • Reply 30 of 52
    mwhitecomwhiteco Posts: 112member
    :lol:
  • Reply 31 of 52
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

And you forgot to add that Samsung faked their benchmark test results by jiggering the code and overclocking the CPU. Even the die-hard spec techies are outraged over that one.

• Reply 32 of 52
    crossladcrosslad Posts: 527member
    I own an iPad 2, an iPhone 3GS and more recently a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. My first Tab 2 was returned with a faulty screen. The replacement has got a crack in the case near the headphone jack. The iPhone an iPad have not had any problems despite the iPhone being being dropped on several occasions. Just waiting now to see what Apple launches to see which to upgrade.
  • Reply 33 of 52
    lkrupp wrote: »
    And you forgot to add that Samsung faked their benchmark test results by jiggering the code and overclocking the CPU. Even the die-hard spec techies are outraged over that one.

I guess you didn't read that it's common practice, but that doesn't absolve them of it.
  • Reply 34 of 52
    It's more like that they have insurance whereas many iPhone owners don't.

Yup. Androiders are suckers for that add-on.
  • Reply 35 of 52
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Eleven View Post

I'm not sure why people use trade in programs. You get much more $$ from selling your phone on Ebay or Cragislist.

Because it's easier when you buy a phone or tablet by physically going to a brick and morter store to just bring your old device with you to ensure proper data transfer and wiping the old device properly.  I avoid Craiglist because in my area there have been news articles that some people use Craigslist to steal things from people and some us value our life than taking a risk of being beaten over the head and our product stolen.  Some have actually had their money taken from them when they met someone selling something for cash.  The area for which I live is not the safest place in the world.

• Reply 36 of 52
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soloman View Post

Maybe because of the increased demand from people with cracked iPhone 4

FUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUDFUD

• Reply 37 of 52
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

You forgot to mention that their ex-CEO was involved in that slush fund scandal, or the fact that Samsung has been nailed for price fixing. TWICE.

Scamscum is just a little too sleazy for me to buy a device for them and it's too bad companies have to buy components from them in the first place, but they are still one of the major component suppliers, which is the only good thing about the company from a consumer standpoint.

• Reply 38 of 52
    Yup. Androiders are suckers for that add-on.

It's not just Androiders, it's every other smartphone as well.
  • Reply 39 of 52
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    pendergast wrote: »

Here comes the FUDicopter and its brave pilot!

• Reply 40 of 52
    pendergast wrote: »

So what's your explanation? I'm not saying it's solely that but I'm sure it's one of the reasons for a increased demand for them.