Google's new Nexus 7 gets stellar reviews despite faults, jitters, lagging apps

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 190

Let me start from the first 

Quote:

Were they Apple apps? Because this is talking about Google apps here. So that means built-in stuff that comes with the OS. If you're comparing third party apps on the iPad, you're not doing a proper comparison.

Maps app from Apple which was made by apple was buggy and you know how they it went on to create a bad impression on Apple right? if not I hope you see the world out of Apple insider with Biased posts like this.. 

Quote:

No, I was asking a question that you can't seem to answer, is all. At least back up your statement with an example of why it's crap or don't expect your "opinion" to be taken seriously.

I think I made it pretty clear with my previous answer.. 

Quote:

Utter nonsense.

Yup you are right, itunes is clearly... image

Quote:

Show where anyone claimed that or stop with the strawmen.

May be read the article once again? That guy really seems to think that way.. Apple had many problems in its software and hardware as well and there are lots of articles similar to this one which complains on Apple products, I do not mean to condemn either, I do not use android, I use apple products myself, I am just not in favor of biased opinions which this article clearly is. Android over the past few years had made wonderful improvements and perfecting it in the recent days. 

Quote:

You want to get into a battle of ludicrously unnecessary acronyms, this won't end well for you.

I don't want to battle anyone but I did not liked the way you treated my opinion, you do not know how to respond to someone's opinion without pushing their emotional buttons? If I found your response to be made in the right respectful way It would be unnecessary for me to use those unnecessary acronyms which was made necessary by you. 

You get what you give to others.. This is what you gave me 

Quote:

How many times, trolls; LEAD with this so we know to ignore your posts.

and you expect me to be polite to you? You better learn how to respond to people..

• Reply 182 of 190
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Chakkravarthy View Post

Maps app from Apple which was made by apple

Still not clear. Maps as in APPLE MAPS, released with iOS 6, or Maps as in MAPS the application, in iPhone OS since the beginning?

was buggy

And again, whether you mean Apple Maps or Maps in general, you're wrong, insofar as you have stated the repercussions.

and you know how they it went on to create a bad impression on Apple right?

No, because we're a year out from even the last time that could have happened and no one gives a frick about the lies spewed by competitors anymore. In the meantime, Apple Maps has grown to surpass Google's mapping in quite a few ways.

I think I made it pretty clear with my previous answer.. 

No, you didn't answer in the first place. You said nothing. You said "it's buggy". You didn't explain how, why, or in what capacity.

Yup you are right, itunes is clearly... image

No. See, again, you have to actually give an example for anyone to give a crap about what you're pretending to say. Otherwise why would we listen to you? Answer that question, please.

May be read the article once again? That guy really seems to think that way.

Please link directly to the sentence where this is said. Please link directly to any sentence where it is even implied.

I did not liked the way you treated my opinion

Be able to back it up (or even explain it in the first place) and you certainly won't be attacked. Explain why you get to say anything you want without providing proof, please.

• Reply 183 of 190
    Funny after a week of usage I've not had any of these issues. I've had problems with the music widgets, one crash and that's all.
  • Reply 184 of 190
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    matrix07 wrote: »
    Like I said, the iPad mini lasted 10 hours with this "the worst possible battery life test" you mentioned. It's already "in regard" to Apple product. The test you linked who knows how long it will last? 20 hours maybe?

By the way, Walt Mossberg called the battery life of new Nexus 7 "LOUSY". I wonder what it means. Do you know?
    Looks like Anandtech finally got around to some in-depth testing.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/7231/the-nexus-7-2013-review

So what did extensive battery testing of the new Nexus 7 with a smaller battery :err: and much higher res display than last years model reveal?

Quote:
    The new Nexus 7 moves to a slightly smaller battery compared to its predecessor (15Wh vs. 16Wh). The result however is anything but a reduction in battery life. ASUS and Google worked hard to reduce platform power consumption as much as possible. I instrumented both Nexus 7s and measured total platform power, excluding display, to look at the impact of the silicon platform (SoC, PMIC, DRAM, eMMC, WiFi, etc...). The results are beyond impressive.

Idle power is cut in half compared to last year's model. This is by far the most important improvement as most mobile usage models tend to have long periods of idle time. We'll see these power gains reflected in our web browsing test which does have significant periods of simulated reading time between web page loads. The power reduction while running Kraken grows to just over 20%, and even while running Geekbench 3 we see a 16% drop with the new Nexus 7. Only our offscreen 3D test manages to draw more power on the new Nexus 7 than the old one, and that isn't taking into account the nearly 5x increase in performance on the new Nexus. In fact, as impressive as these numbers are - they are even more impressive when you take into account performance. To make a long story short, don't worry about the ~7% decrease in battery capacity as there are enough improvements in platform power and performance (and thus perf per watt) to more than make up for the smaller battery."

Web browsing life : 12.2 hr, about 25% better than iPad Mini (or iPad 4 for that matter)
    Video playback: 11.5 hr, slightly better than iPad Mini
    3D time. - just 4.0, far short of the Mini's 6+.
    Full recharge in 3.5 hours.

So hardly the miserable battery performance that many here wanted to claim as fact and serving as evidence that a retina-quality display doesn't mean battery times have to suffer.
  • Reply 185 of 190
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    alfiejr wrote: »
    the correct way to measure is to actually measure the light - candlepower? - emitted by the screens and then set both tablets to the same level before running the battery test. a few tech sites do this, but i don't have a link.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7231/the-nexus-7-2013-review/2
  • Reply 186 of 190
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    It's a little fuzzy, but did they run the tests with the screen on? I see mentions of "off screen" testing and "excluding display".
  • Reply 187 of 190

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

It's a little fuzzy, but did they run the tests with the screen on? I see mentions of "off screen" testing and "excluding display".

Yes. From the review (http://www.anandtech.com/show/7231/the-nexus-7-2013-review/2):

Quote:

We'll start out with our WiFi web browsing test. Like all of our battery life benchmarks we run this test with all devices calibrated to 200 nits and connected to 5GHz 802.11 WiFi (if supported). The test itself cycles through a bunch of desktop websites at a very aggressive frequency. 

[...]

Our video playback test involves looping the playback of a 4Mbps 720p High Profile H.264 transcode of the last Harry Potter Blu-ray. All displays are calibrated to 200 nits.

[...]

• Reply 188 of 190
    It is not uncommon that bugs come out with mass use. Even with Apple products. It should not take away from the fact it is a great product and it blows by the mini. This is from most all reviewers. And dont give me grief about being an Android fan. I have a IPad 4 and the 7. The 7 is without a doubt the best tablet I have used. I am sure this won't be popular on a Pro Apple site but from my perspective it is the truth.
  • Reply 189 of 190

Quote:

Originally Posted by idogwireless View Post

It is not uncommon that bugs come out with mass use. Even with Apple products. It should not take away from the fact it is a great product and it blows by the mini. This is from most all reviewers. And dont give me grief about being an Android fan. I have a IPad 4 and the 7. The 7 is without a doubt the best tablet I have used. I am sure this won't be popular on a Pro Apple site but from my perspective it is the truth.

And from my perspective you're Troll! Why else would you come here to write this BS...