Photos claim to show purported gold 'iPhone 5S' next to iPhone 5

Comments

• Reply 21 of 81
    Looks good. As suspected, not really "gold" at all. Just another classy metallic shade.
  • Reply 22 of 81
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    And you guys would believe lightsabers are real if I showed you a photo of a Jedi using one. As long as some website claimed it was real.
    Did any of the leaked photos last year turn out to be false? I don't think so. What will turn out to be false are all the horrible computer renders based on leaks. Like all these hideous bling bling 24 carat gold mockups of the "gold" iPhone. When any person with even a little common sense knew the color would be like the champagne color you see on Lexus SUVs and other vehicles.
  • Reply 23 of 81
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    The "gold"/champagne mock-up looks a bit like 'white gold'.
  • Reply 24 of 81
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Here's another leaked photo of the colored iPhones via 9to5Mac. The person who leaked it claims there won't be a black one but I have my doubts about that. Especially since we've seen black case leak. I'm starting to warm to these...I think they'll be huge with young people and women.

I think these will be okay and sell great but none of these colours are anything I would carry around except perhaps the white.  

I haven't seen any black case leak though and I thought I'd been watching carefully.  I've seen some mockups of black on various sites, but no actual pictures of anything other than these five. Do you remember where it was or the source?

• Reply 25 of 81
    sog35 wrote: »
    Those are hot!  Nothing like the slimy plastic Samsung junk. I might get one of these instead of the 5S.
    It seems pretty obvious what Apple is doing now that they'll have two lines of phones. The cheaper line will be colorful and fun, the flagship line will have more of a luxury feel to it. And the white men that think its all ugly and tacky can go Android. :D
  • Reply 26 of 81
    gazoobee wrote: »
    I think these will be okay and sell great but none of these colours are anything I would carry around except perhaps the white.  

I haven't seen any black case leak though and I thought I'd been watching carefully.  I've seen some mockups of black on various sites, but no actual pictures of anything other than these five. Do you remember where it was or the source?
    BGR was the source. And my guess is you're not the intended market for these phones. ;)
  • Reply 27 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

And you guys would believe lightsabers are real if I showed you a photo of a Jedi using one. As long as some website claimed it was real.

screen-shot-2013-08-22-at-9-22-10-am.png?w=1232&h=788

An elegant phone for a more civilized age...

That "champagne" color does look a whole lot better when placed next to black and white versions. Sticking with black, though. I'm not a fan of the other colors. The green and white ones are good, but I don't understand the fascination with the milky-faded yellow and red.
  • Reply 28 of 81
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,435moderator
    Very nice but what color are the missing top and bottom parts? They could actually be black, white or champagne.

White would be a good match - a very slight tint of orange/yellow would help ease the contrast like eggshell white/light magnolia but it has the effect of dulling the overall appearance:

White keeps it sharper looking IMO (it's a little hard to tell the difference here but the highlights with white would be brighter - technically it would look like the white one next to it but I lightened it as it didn't look good that way and would look whiter in most lighting conditions):

A black logo fits with their lineup generally and stands out more but they typically go with a shade that matches the metal - the black one in the original photo looks a bit like it's been photoshopped:

I was about to question the legitimacy of the color choices in the plastic models in light of this but the above photo Rogifan posted with the plastic ones looks better. Too much like the Lumia for my liking though:

If they all have white fronts, it will differentiate them from the Lumia style.
  • Reply 29 of 81
    So the gold one doesn't have the fcc filings. Does that mean it's China exclusive?
  • Reply 30 of 81
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,435moderator
    So the gold one doesn't have the fcc filings. Does that mean it's China exclusive?

It means that only the black and white one are currently on sale. Those will just be iPhone 5 models put next to the champagne one for comparison.
  • Reply 31 of 81
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    sennen wrote: »
    The champagne color looks really good. Now I'm kind of hoping my wife chooses that instead of the white again..

Funnily enough I just showed her these photos and she said she would get the champagne color if it was one of the choices available.
  • Reply 32 of 81
    neilmneilm Posts: 995member

In further news, Fords are now available in colours other than black.

::Yawn::

• Reply 33 of 81
    sennen wrote: »
    Funnily enough I just showed her these photos and she said she would get the champagne color if it was one of the choices available.
    Yes, women will love this. All the complaints are probably coming from white men.
  • Reply 34 of 81
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Very tasteful- totally better than any Imelda Gabor "champagne" colorway as speculated over and over on here.

Masculine too- very subtle. Though definitely not something SJ would ever approve of as he loathed beige. 

• Reply 35 of 81
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    neilm wrote: »
    In further news, Fords are now available in colours other than black.

How many colors can I choose from if I want an S4 or an HTC One?

• Reply 36 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

A Japanese website?

• Reply 37 of 81
    john f. wrote: »
    That looks like a great color. No doubt it will be a popular. And mark my words: other manufacturers will follow suit. I hate that people go crazy, saying Apple has lost its touch over a color.

Apple has done that color before. People are crazy.

http://archive.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=55782&cat_id=571
  • Reply 38 of 81

Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Very tasteful- totally better than any Imelda Gabor "champagne" colorway as speculated over and over on here.

Masculine too- very subtle. Though definitely not something SJ would ever approve of as he loathed beige. 

Steve would never do...

• Reply 39 of 81
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Steve would never do...

That's champagne not beige.

• Reply 40 of 81
    c4rlobc4rlob Posts: 277member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I disagree.

Besides, you can see by the antenna lines they'll be white.

Actually, the antenna lines don't look exactly white either, they look slightly gold too. So following that cue would indicate a new bezel color that matches the gold.