Microsoft debuts 'Xbox Music' for iOS ahead of Apple's iTunes Radio rollout

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 23
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,153member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Timbit View Post





    According to my iPhone dictionary, his implied meaning is correct.

     

    Really?  According to my iPhone dictionary "no definition found"?  Maybe it's a UK/US thing.  Can't find vapourware either though...

     

     

    Anyway, I think we all know what he meant; being steadfastly literal just to pick a fight is a very internet trolly thing to do. 

  • Reply 22 of 23
    Originally Posted by Timbit View Post

    According to my iPhone dictionary, his implied meaning is correct.

     

    I know! And that's weird, because it's completely wrong. Vaporware refers to software announced but NEVER released, not potentially forthcoming at all!

     

    Under the wrong definition, every device Apple has ever created, even the ones that "ship today!" are 'vaporware'! Which is ludicrous.

  • Reply 23 of 23
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,483member
    timgriff84 wrote: »
    I don't think Spotify have anything to worry about.

    From what Ive seen so far iTunes radio is like Spotify but only has the radio part. Most of the time I want to listen to a specific track or album. Apples approach seems to be we're like Spotify but you cant listen to exactly what you want, but you will pick us cos were apple.

    MS on the other hand seem to be offering everything, but then failing to offer anything at a middle price. They've made 99% of when you want to listen to music free and the remaining 1% £120 a year.

    Our own personal likes and dislikes aside, the business model for the Spotify and Pandora won't work with the rates they pay in royalties. With the arrival of iTunes Radio and no doubt other similar services from giants such as Apple, who don't need to be profitable, investors will flee from these companies. They have been money pits of immense magnitude and it can only get worse.
Sign In or Register to comment.