Live Blog: Join us for Apple's iPhone 5S & 5C launch event from Cupertino

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple is just minutes away from taking wraps off its latest iPhone models during a media event on its Cupertino campus, where rumors this morning are swirling that the event may deliver some real surprises after all. Join us for our live blog.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 71
    Should I bother to submit news about the upcoming Microsoft Surface 2 launch invites? Nah, AppleInsider will not give any mention. They never do.
  • Reply 2 of 71
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Should I bother to submit news about the upcoming Microsoft Surface 2 launch invites? Nah, AppleInsider will not give any mention. They never do.

What concert tickets will they be giving away to get people to come?

• Reply 3 of 71
    Mac Pro news too?

The Apple website no longer shows the old Mac Pro - http://www.apple.com/mac/.

"One more thing: the new Mac Pro is shipping, starting today" would be a very welcome surprise.
  • Reply 4 of 71
    Live Blog: Join us for Apple's iPhone 5S & 5C launch event from Cupertino

Huh? When did they say they would introduce these so called iPhone C & S? That's not what the invitation read, or so I read:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/03/apple-issues-invitations-for-iphone-media-event-on-sept-10
    Though the invitation itself makes no mention of the iPhone, it does say that the announcement "should brighten everyone's day" — a likely reference to the fact that Apple is expected to offer its next iPhones in an array of new colors.
  • Reply 5 of 71
    Originally Posted by Observ View Post

The Apple website no longer shows the old Mac Pro. "One more thing: the new Mac Pro is shipping, starting today" would be a very welcome surprise.

It was taken off when the new one was introduced.

• Reply 6 of 71
    why no live stream this go around?
  • Reply 6 of 71
    It's nice that some rumors are at least "swirling" about some real surprises.
    After doubling down on secrecy, if the best Apple delivers today are incremental updates, and a fingerprint sensor, I would be truly surprised.
  • Reply 8 of 71

What is the linK? fast please the bus has wifi!

• Reply 9 of 71

the blog says they are via ATV bout can't get it

• Reply 10 of 71
    Originally Posted by Apple_Fan_Boy View Post

Where do you live?

• Reply 11 of 71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple_Fan_Boy View Post

No, that comment was about the iTunes Festival not the event itself.

• Reply 12 of 71
    Why isn't Apple streaming the event? If they don't want me to watch, fine I won't. Not happy.
  • Reply 13 of 71

Oklahoma City

• Reply 14 of 71
    Quote:

"iOS 7 will present you with a screen that lets you download these apps."

Apple is going to get hit with an anti-trust suit SO frigging hard.

• Reply 15 of 71
    He said the apps are free with "any new iOS device", but does that mean they will be free to older ones as well? Will I be able to download them when i upgrade to iOS 7? I sure hope so, that would be great!
  • Reply 16 of 71

No seams, part lines or joints. 

iFixit will give iPhone 5C a 0/10 upgradability rating.

• Reply 17 of 71
    YES, Apple cases again!
  • Reply 18 of 71
    Frick, 5c with same camera. Bummer.
  • Reply 19 of 71
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

YES, Apple cases again!

Now all we need is an EFFING LIGHTNING DOCK MY STARS, THERE IS NO WAY I'LL BUY AN IPHONE WITHOUT A DOCK.

• Reply 20 of 71
    Quote:

You do realise, don't you, that this site is called 'Apple Insider' and covers news etc on Apple products? Bit of a hint there...