124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    "Now with iOS 7, I'm getting 3-4 hours of battery life. Awful."

Anyone spot the catch in the rye?
  • Reply 62 of 67
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewofArabia View Post

Lies. Straight up lies. I love Apple, but I've found that their battery claims with iPhone 5 to be total BS. Everyone I know with an iPhone 5 complains about how it bleeds battery life even when its in sleep mode, even with auto brightness off, and with brightness at 40%. Now with iOS 7, I'm getting 3-4 hours of battery life. Awful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScartArt View Post

4S and 5 are both really poor for battery life, my old 4 was much better. The biggest benefit for Apple producing a bigger screened iPhone would be so they can fit in a larger battery. Having a phone that can last all day shouldn't be too much to ask.

I don't share your experience at all. And my experience spans dozens of iPhone 5 units we deploy at work. I don't want to impugn anyone's integrity. But 3-4 hrs? I flat out refuse to believe it.

• Reply 63 of 67

my son has had his 4s for nealy one year he put the charger in and it did start to charge but now it wont charge at all?

• Reply 64 of 67
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myboys View Post

my son has had his 4s for nealy one year he put the charger in and it did start to charge but now it wont charge at all?

"Nearly one year" means it's near the end of the warranty: best to get it looked at right away as a failure to hold a charge in that short a time is an indication something is wrong: either the charger or cable (try another one of each?) or the unit itself. Does it charge and hold a charge when connected to the computer he syncs it to? If so then the charger is bad.

• Reply 65 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myboys View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

"Nearly one year" means it's near the end of the warranty: best to get it looked at right away as a failure to hold a charge in that short a time is an indication something is wrong: either the charger or cable (try another one of each?) or the unit itself. Does it charge and hold a charge when connected to the computer he syncs it to? If so then the charger is bad.

My daughter's iP4 (almost 3.5 years old) just did the same thing. Upgraded to iOS7 and it was working fine. Took a full charge overnight, plugged it again after she got home from school (she's a power user) and it wouldn't charge. No charging beep, nothing. I told her to run it down to 0% and try again but now when she plugs in to charge she gets the empty battery on the screen and nothing else.  Last time I checked her battery health with an app it reported 65% charge capacity. It easily has over 1700 charge cycles on it. There was no indication the battery was about to fail and the diminished capacity is totally expected given the amount of charges. Does a battery go that quickly with no warning?

I have an iPod mini that has been charged at least 2000 times and it still gives me 3 hours of tune playback.....and that sucker has been through a FULL clothes washer cycle!!!! A testament to Apple design and build quality. 

• Reply 66 of 67

So I still need an external battery pack to keep it live. Fortunately, it works well with my RAVPower 3000mAh lipstick charger. Can charge my phone up to 2 times.

• Reply 67 of 67
    Grog cavemanGrog caveman Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    ME LIKE MY IPHONE 5s THANK YOU APPLE.