Apple launches iOS 7-inspired iCloud Web client

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    (Prepare for another Rogifan anti-Apple tirade)
    You think Apple'd focus right now should be on app icons?

Oh, and me thinking the 5C is overpriced is anti-Apple but people complaining about app icons and wallpaper backgrounds isn't? Just wait until iOS 7 drops tomorrow and my complaints about 5C pricing will seem like nothing. This place will be infested with trolls and comments of "Steve wouldn't have" and "bring back Scott". :rolleyes:
  • Reply 22 of 50
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Updated to what, depthless, minimalized iOS 7-matching nonsense? Why? iWork’s current icons are great.
    Maybe to be consistent?
  • Reply 23 of 50

Anybody else think the new calendar color scheme is horrible?

The red on white hurts my eyes and the text is too light of a grey color.

• Reply 24 of 50
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You use icloud.com everyday?

Well, I typically *go* there once every day or two, but other than the email it's not very functional so I don't actually "use" the apps unless it's a dire emergency.  I was using a colloquialism I guess. 

• Reply 25 of 50
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HammerofTruth View Post

Anybody else think the new calendar color scheme is horrible?

The red on white hurts my eyes and the text is too light of a grey color.

It comes from iOS 7 of course, but I think the whole idea of a different colour for each primary app is really poorly thought out.  It basically exists only because the alternative would be doing all monochrome for the major apps and they know they'd get a lot more blowback on that.  

The problem with doing it this way is that it's arbitrary.  Like you, I can't stand that red colour, I also think the "raw" cobalt blue they have chosen is just vile and such an amateur's choice.  A lot of people use colour to organise their work, Apple knows this as they have always provided colour cues in the OS's they build for that exact reason.  It's one of their defining features.  

Now we have red for calendar and blue for mail, but if I want to colour code my folders in mail or my calendars in the calendar app, they all have to "fit" with the overarching schema of red or blue.  There are also people (like me) that will have visceral reactions to one colour or another and thus be compelled to either not use an app, or hate it all the time they are using it.  

It's arbitrary, and unnecessary.  The least they could do is provide a control panel where we can pick which hideous primary colour applies to which application.  
  • Reply 26 of 50

I just checked it out, I like it, No complains from me.

Then again I really like the look & feel of iOS 7. 

• Reply 27 of 50
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Me like.

• Reply 28 of 50
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

If anyone knows why I was banned on September 15th please send me a PM and let me know.  The way they do bans now, they don't tell you why and I'm just curious.   

Possibly overuse of vowels in your username.

I mean, C'mon! That's just excessive.

• Reply 29 of 50
    How funny when these people rant saying DEFINITIVELY that something looks awful, not that it's in their opinion, but no they have SPOKEN and it looks awful. Nobody else's opinion counts, they say it looks awful so of course it must be true.
  • Reply 30 of 50
    I like it. Very clean, very nice.
  • Reply 31 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple on Tuesday brought the revamped iCloud.com webpage, which is designed to match the style of iOS 7, out of beta, offering users a taste of what to expect when the next-generation mobile platform is released on Wednesday.

iCloud

One day before iOS 7 will become available to download, Apple has revamped the iCloud Web portal to reflect user interface changes seen in the company's mobile platform. Previously in beta testing, the update brings congruity to the two UIs, offering users a seamless experience when moving from one to the other.

Most apparent is a dynamic background borrowed from iOS 7 that shows a pastel blue gradient with constantly moving blurred orbs. Other features introduced include app icons that match iOS 7 counterparts, including Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders and Find My iPhone. Icons for beta versions of Pages, Keynote and Numbers are carried over from iOS 6.

It appears that Apple has rolled out the updated website to all users.

I love how my iCloud Mail looks like Outlook. Very elegant. Very touch-device-friendly. Very Jony Ive.

• Reply 32 of 50
    Sorry, but this doesn't work.
    No font size control...anywhere. Apple font sizes occupy massive amounts of the screen. A long contact name can't fit on the screen as an example.

Not much flexibility in modifying the look of the iCloud screen. I will find myself using it less. aesthetically pleasing, but not functional.
  • Reply 33 of 50

Dear Apple,

It has been Wednesday 18th September 2013 all day today here in New Zealand and yet we still do not have iOS 7.

Didn't you used to give it to us because we live in the future in the past?

Hurry up and get to today so we can have it our yesterday.

Thank you.

• Reply 34 of 50

Oh no. I really did not want to be one of those "I hate it" people. I have always been such a fanboy. BUT MY GOD that calendar is hideous!

HIDEOUS!

• Reply 35 of 50
    Originally Posted by Darryn Lowe View Post

It has been Wednesday 18th September 2013 all day today here in New Zealand and yet we still do not have iOS 7. Didnt you used to give it to us because we live in the future in the past? Hurry up and get to today so we can have it our yesterday.

How do you guys deal with procrastination? “Never put off tomorrow what you can do today”, that sort of thing?

I’m hoping for an answer like, “We just do everything yesterday so we don’t have to care.”

• Reply 36 of 50
    Updated to what, depthless, minimalized iOS 7-matching nonsense? Why? iWork’s current icons are great.
    They are great but IOS 6 icons stand out in IOS 7, and vice Versa so the iWork looks weird.
    Just in time for IOS 7 release
  • Reply 37 of 50
    Quote:

How do you guys deal with procrastination? “Never put off tomorrow what you can do today”, that sort of thing?

I’m hoping for an answer like, “We just do everything yesterday so we don’t have to care.”

Pretty much. We do it before you even ask for it. The problem is you don't know we've done it because it's too early for you to think and therefore you still ask us to do it so we say "Ok" and then go and have a sleep.

• Reply 38 of 50
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

They might be great, but on the whole it looks terrible, because they clash in such an extreme fashion with all the other icons on that page stylistically. So yes, they should be updated. 

• Reply 39 of 50

https://www.icloud.com/#notes need lots of help

• Reply 40 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by techno View Post

Oh no. I really did not want to be one of those "I hate it" people. I have always been such a fanboy. BUT MY GOD that calendar is hideous!

HIDEOUS!

I view and edit my google calendar within iCAL on my PB. Is there any way to view/edit a google Calendar within an iCloud calendar?