Apple launches iOS 7-inspired iCloud Web client

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicht01 View Post

Sorry, but this doesn't work.

No font size control...anywhere. Apple font sizes occupy massive amounts of the screen. A long contact name can't fit on the screen as an example.

Not much flexibility in modifying the look of the iCloud screen. I will find myself using it less. aesthetically pleasing, but not functional.

You could try the universal control-mousewheel zooming function for all browsers (and most other sofrware as well)
  • Reply 42 of 50
    I agree that lack is skeuomorphism is a good thing. However I find the font (mail folders font) hard to read (just a bit too thin).

Also, it is difficult to identify buttons (For example, open iCloud preferences to see 'Done' button). The absence of a bounding box makes it difficult to identify the function (ie button). It looks like just a bit of text %u2013 very similar to folder names and other text. The only thing guiding the user to the functionality is its location %u2013 bottom row of the window pane. Someone less familiar with computers would find it very difficult to identify/locate it as a button.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    How do you guys deal with procrastination? “Never put off tomorrow what you can do today”, that sort of thing?

I’m hoping for an answer like, “We just do everything yesterday so we don’t have to care.”
    Well actually, we used to procrastinate...but now we just don't get around to it.
  • Reply 44 of 50

The comparison of the old iWork icons vs the new "flat" icons shows how long in the tooth the glossy bubble icons really are. I am in favor the new icons for they represent a return to what an icon is intended to be, a clear, quickly recognized representation of an idea or object. The less complex the icon is drawn the faster you brain understands it. 

• Reply 45 of 50

Interesting surprise. I'm not sure if this been documented before, I do not remember reading about it, but when I was using iCloud Numbers a notification came in through OSX and it actually appeared in the browser window over Numbers. What a useful feature when using iCloud on some other computer.

• Reply 46 of 50
    megalaser wrote: »
    How funny when these people rant saying DEFINITIVELY that something looks awful, not that it's in their opinion, but no they have SPOKEN and it looks awful. Nobody else's opinion counts, they say it looks awful so of course it must be true.

I think that's how you are interpreting their messages. I feel that people's posts here are all about opinions, not necessarily facts. If someone does try to user their opinion as fact, there are a lot of intelligent people that post here that call you out on it.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macologist View Post

I just looked at: 

https://www.icloud.com/#notes 

OK, this New iOS 7 iCloud Notes LOOKS nice and pretty in my Safari, but unlike in the past, 

TOTAL NUMBER OF NOTES COUNT IS NOW HIDDEN ONLINE!!!  

Scrolling Down in the iCloud or on Mac Notes List doesn't reveal the Total Notes Count either, as is the case with Total Number of Contacts in iCloud, iOS, or on Mac, which is NOT User-Friendly either!

That is HORRIBLE!!!!  

Thus far, on my iPhone + iPad, iOS 6.1.3, NOTES TOTAL COUNT is available! I am REALLY REALLY concerned that with iOS 7, that NOTES TOTAL COUNT will no longer be Visible on iOS devices! 

On my Mac OS 10.8.5, in Notes, I have to Select All in the Notes List. Then I look at the Brown Window Title Bar and it says: 

All iCloud - XXXX Notes

I've also kept a Separate Note where I kept the Running Total of my Notes, and I REGULARLY had to check that the TOTAL Notes Count was IDENTICAL in iCloud, on iOS and my Mac! 

Why? 

Because a Year ago I had to go through Notes Duplicates HELL!!! 

Duplicates are occasionally created when: 

iCloud Notes App is running at the same time on Mac and iOS Device or Devices 

When there is a Sync glitch with iCloud, due to Connection Interruption, or any other kind of Hick-up, Screw-up! 

So now, if iOS 7, or and Mac OS 10.9, a.k.a. Mavericks, will hide the NOTES TOTAL COUNT, there might be NO WAY to Compare the NOTES TOTAL COUNT between all these Devices! Thus Apple will KEEP ME IN THE DARK!  

I hope NEVER to go through what happened to me a Year ago, when I had Notes Duplicates HELL!!! 

Now I fear this iOS 7 Upgrade, where I might have to get into Painful Workarounds to Manually Check that the Total Notes Count is Identical on Mac, iCloud in Safari, iPhone and iPad, and hopefully avoid Duplicates, or at least catch them early enough!!!

#whywhitepeopleriot

• Reply 48 of 50
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripe Apple View Post

#whywhitepeopleriot

Only a racist would assume black people don't use the internet. Sickening.

• Reply 49 of 50
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

In general a good re-design.

• Reply 50 of 50
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Only a racist would assume black people don't use the internet. Sickening.

And… don’t riot, apparently.