Infinity Blade III hits App Store hours before iOS 7 debut

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I would presume it will be available before they start sending out push-notifications, in order to reduce the hit on 'their' servers. Their in quotes, as we all know they distribute globally, through services like Akamai.

So if you want it asap, I'd check around 9.45...and keep checking.

OK, so I'll start 9.44 ...

• Reply 22 of 44

I'm impressed that Apple upgraded the iPhone hardware and iOS to support Infinity Blade III.

• Reply 23 of 44
    pbrstreetg wrote: »
    I'm impressed that Apple upgraded the iPhone hardware and iOS to support Infinity Blade III.

I think there are about 64 ways to look at it¡
  • Reply 24 of 44
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

Aww, I was hoping to get up this morning and find it had already been released. :(

Oh well.

Sorry to continue the OT discussion, btw.

• Reply 25 of 44
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    drblank wrote: »
    It probably contains both 32 and 64 bit which is why it's so big, it may not actually use that much when installed.  Or will it?

I think that you will find that 95% of that is made up of game assets (audio/textures etc) and the rest is code.
  • Reply 26 of 44

So I got the Golden Master release of iOS 7 already installed on my iPhone 5 (I am part of the developer program).

That mean's this version of iOS 7 hitting the public today, wont be available for my phone right ?

• Reply 27 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikilok View Post

So I got the Golden Master release of iOS 7 already installed on my iPhone 5 (I am part of the developer program).

That mean's this version of iOS 7 hitting the public today, wont be available for my phone right ?

If you're part of "the developer program", you should know the answer to that. ;)

• Reply 28 of 44
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    howie wrote: »
    Okay, so where's iOS 7?

macapfel wrote: »
    What time is iOS 7 to debut anyway? It doesn't show up yet.

reviloa wrote: »
    Myself and many were hoping midnight... Still waiting....

I want my iOS 7- NAOW!
  • Reply 29 of 44
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,822member
    philboogie wrote: »
    It's the most recurring answer I get from searching the web. There is no official time given by Apple. For that, we only have history to rely on, which was around 10am pacific.

I do expect some criticism on iOS7 making the the iPad2 and iPhone4 to become sluggish, but personally that is to be expected. If there is newer software I usually buy the hardware for it as well. The fact that it runs on last years' hardware is great (even from the year before), it's free, but people really shouldn't moan about it. You want iOS7; buy the HW that they designed it for.

I am planning on upgrading my iPad3 but only after I made certain I can revert back to iOS6.

Can't say for an iPhone 4, but my tests of iOS7 GM on an iPhone 4s and a 2nd Gen iPad have shown no slow down what so ever. Hard to say if there are 'snappier' ... but maybe ;) ... but certainly not slower.

You won't want to go back. :)

TIP: Spend ten minutes forcing yourself to recognize and learn new icons for Photos and Calendar ...
  • Reply 30 of 44
    $6.99 is $7.00 out of the price range for droid dorks. So why would it be anywhere else?

ROFL
  • Reply 31 of 44
    I like all the apps that have been updated to do iOS7 justice. Jasmine is really clean and slick, TED as well. WeatherHD Pro is supposed to be updated, but frankly I don't see any changes to the UI. Flipboard looks cool as well.
  • Reply 32 of 44
    I was hoping to be ahead of the pack by warning people not to expect to get the latest and greatest for free, and expecting 'everything is faster now - wow!'
    TIP: Spend ten minutes forcing yourself to recognize and learn new icons for Photos and Calendar ...

Will do!
  • Reply 33 of 44
    I was hoping to be ahead of the pack by warning people not to expect to get the latest and greatest for free, and expecting 'everything is faster now - wow!'
    Will do!

I still have an issue looking for them and that's after months of use ... :\ ...
  • Reply 34 of 44
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post

And it's still ios only isn't it?

That's a result of your "device" (android) not being capable enough to handle the more sophisticated apps ... sorry, better luck next time.

• Reply 35 of 44
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,597member
    I still have an issue looking for them and that's after months of use ... :\ ...
    That is one area where the Google Play Store does a bit better than Apple's App Store. Finding the apps you might be interested in is easier with the better categorization.
  • Reply 36 of 44
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

There are also touchscreen latency issues that Google said would be solved with Gingerbread, but still aren't.

I'm currently using a Nexus 4 with the latest software (4.3 Jellybean) as my main phone, and the touchscreen seems fine- until I compare it with something like an iPhone 5 (or any iOS device), at which point I realize that touchscreen responsiveness is still night and day. iOS seems to react perfectly to your actions, like butter, seamingly reading your mind. 

• Reply 37 of 44
    gatorguy wrote: »
    That is one area where the Google Play Store does a bit better than Apple's App Store. Finding the apps you might be interested in is easier with the better categorization.

mmmm... not sure you followed correctly there ... I was referring to the changes of the icons used everyday on the iPhone home screen and my slowness in learning the new look of a few common ones now changed in iOS7 such as Calendar and Photos. It was self deprecating humor that's all.
  • Reply 38 of 44
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,597member
    mmmm... not sure you followed correctly there ... I was referring to the changes of the icons used everyday on the iPhone home screen and my slowness in learning the new look of a few common ones now changed in iOS7 such as Calendar and Photos. It was self deprecating humor that's all.

... oh. Sorry, I did misunderstand your comment.

The point is still valid tho.
  • Reply 39 of 44
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Finding the apps you might be interested in is easier with the better categorization.

That might be a personal opinion, they look pretty much the same to me. Apart from being completely different lol

slurpy wrote: »
    I'm currently using a Nexus 4 with the latest software (4.3 Jellybean) as my main phone

If I may ask, is that by choice, or mandatory (employer or something).
  • Reply 40 of 44
    That might be a personal opinion, they look pretty much the same to me. Apart from being completely different lol

If I may ask, is that by choice, or mandatory (employer or something).

If the former , I might have a good source of hair shirts and self-flagellation whips ... ;)