Infinity Blade III hits App Store hours before iOS 7 debut

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Developer Chair Entertainment on Wednesday released the third installment of its massively popular Infinity Blade series which made a surprise appearance at Apple's iPhone event last week.

Infinity Blade III

Infinity Blade III brings back the intuitive swipe and touch controls pioneered in the first game, adding new features like enhanced graphics and new multiplayer modes.

The third Infinity Blade brings the story of characters Siris and Isa to a close, tossing in new quests and side missions to add depth to the plot. Both characters are playable, with each having three unique combat styles and "hundreds" of weapons to choose from.

Chair first showed off its latest game last week at Apple's iPhone unveiling, saying at the time that the title was developed to take advantage of the new 64-bit A7 processor found in the iPhone 5s. Rumors in August pointed to the game's ongoing development, but the announcement that the title would be released on Wednesday was somewhat of a surprise.

infinity Blade III comes in at 1.47GB and can be purchased from the iOS App Store for $6.99.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    This game is going to rock ! Were the previous games binaries as big as 1.47 GB ?
  • Reply 2 of 44
    What time is iOS 7 to debut anyway? It doesn't show up yet.
  • Reply 3 of 44

Myself and many were hoping midnight... Still waiting....

• Reply 4 of 44
    Infinity Blade 3 will be shortly available here: http://is.gd/infinityblade3
  • Reply 5 of 44
    Surprise?

Didn't they show I at a launch keynote and II at a launch keynote too?
  • Reply 6 of 44

yawn

• Reply 7 of 44
    And it's still ios only isn't it?
  • Reply 8 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post

$6.99 is $7.00 out of the price range for droid dorks. So why would it be anywhere else?

• Reply 9 of 44
    Quote:

Chair CEO, says he'll get his company to make it for Android once Google solves the platform piracy issues.

Problem, being someone's going to have a cracked version of the game put up on the web or another Android store.

It thereby beats the purpose of building such games that are costly to develop for Android :( .

Sad but true !

• Reply 10 of 44
    Okay, so where's iOS 7?
  • Reply 11 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikilok View Post

Quote:

Chair CEO, says he'll get his company to make it for Android once Google solves the platform piracy issues.

Problem, being someone's going to have a cracked version of the game put up on the web or another Android store.

It thereby beats the purpose of building such games that are costly to develop for Android :( .

Sad but true !

There are also touchscreen latency issues that Google said would be solved with Gingerbread, but still aren't.

• Reply 12 of 44

Why would you want this installed on something else?
    howie wrote: »
    Okay, so where's iOS 7?

It comes out 10 a.m pacific time and 1 p.m eastern time, or so 'they say'
  • Reply 13 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Where did 'they' say it?

• Reply 14 of 44

Well, people are online in line (as I am).

My guess would also be 10 am Cupertino, as this seems to be their preferred time slot for 'announcements'. 

• Reply 15 of 44

Past history would say 9:45 a.m. +/- a few minutes.

• Reply 16 of 44
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikilok View Post

This game is going to rock ! Were the previous games binaries as big as 1.47 GB ?

It probably contains both 32 and 64 bit which is why it's so big, it may not actually use that much when installed.  Or will it?

• Reply 17 of 44
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ssls6 View Post

Past history would say 9:45 a.m. +/- a few minutes.

As soon as I see that red dot, I'm going to find myself in a location with the best bandwidth to download.

• Reply 18 of 44

AI should add an 'iOS 7 Countdown' article so we can start the appropriate thread there. I am really keen on testing this new iOS iteration!

• Reply 19 of 44
    howie wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »

Where did 'they' say it?

It's the most recurring answer I get from searching the web. There is no official time given by Apple. For that, we only have history to rely on, which was around 10am pacific.

I do expect some criticism on iOS7 making the the iPad2 and iPhone4 to become sluggish, but personally that is to be expected. If there is newer software I usually buy the hardware for it as well. The fact that it runs on last years' hardware is great (even from the year before), it's free, but people really shouldn't moan about it. You want iOS7; buy the HW that they designed it for.

I am planning on upgrading my iPad3 but only after I made certain I can revert back to iOS6.
  • Reply 20 of 44
    drblank wrote: »
    As soon as I see that red dot, I'm going to find myself in a location with the best bandwidth to download.

I would presume it will be available before they start sending out push-notifications, in order to reduce the hit on 'their' servers. Their in quotes, as we all know they distribute globally, through services like Akamai.

So if you want it asap, I'd check around 9.45...and keep checking.