Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more

Comments

• Reply 121 of 247

took total of 12 minutes thru itunes.

• Reply 122 of 247
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member

downloading on my iphone from around 5 mins to 6pm and, bar showed 1 min remaining and then it crashed.... WTF Apple, not cool!

• Reply 123 of 247
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sticknick View Post

No, you're correct. iTunes Match = ad free iTunes Radio.

I like the Ad's though.. Cool ones.

• Reply 124 of 247

iTunes finally completed a successful download of iOS 7 in 3.4 minutes :D

• Reply 125 of 247
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sticknick View Post

No, you're correct. iTunes Match = ad free iTunes Radio.

Coolness. :)

OTOH, as I said somewhere else, iTunes Radio just played a Ke$ha song ... so? :)

PS: My fault, as my seed song was a Britney Spears song.  I have no one to blame but myself.  Heh.
  • Reply 126 of 247
    Here's my suggestion to AAPL: queue downloads proportional to how much money the apple ID user spends. If you're a good customer, you go to the front of the line. Banks do this. Airlines do this. Hey, maybe AAPL could have a dedicated server for shareholders?
  • Reply 127 of 247

At first I kept getting the "Error downloading" message until it finally took.  Downloading, preparing the update, and actual installation all took about an hour and a quarter.  

Just beginning the fun now.

• Reply 128 of 247
    Not doing it. I am perfectly happy with 6.1.3. Plus I don't have enough space left to put it in anyway. And I am NOT taking out any music music only to find out that there are all sorts of bugs, and I can't go back. Not going to happen.
  • Reply 129 of 247
    Not doing it. I am perfectly happy with 6.1.3. Plus I don't have enough space left to put it in anyway. And I am NOT taking out any music music only to find out that there are all sorts of bugs, and I can't go back. Not going to happen.
  • Reply 130 of 247

• Reply 131 of 247

OK,  finally installing.  Is it my imagination, or did the installation bar click from the old "thicker" one to the new thinner one, more in line with iOS7?

• Reply 132 of 247
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    My clock only goes to 12. ;)

Sounds like your clock is missing half of the day ;)
  • Reply 133 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post

Somewhat short-sighted of you... You can always put your music BACK once the update is complete, so you're not going to loose anything!

Also, been using iOS 7.0 GM since Sept 10, and although some bugs persist, they are not deal-breakers by any means, and I've come to realize just how much better 7.0 is!

You should get out of your comfort zone and try it!

• Reply 134 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

Sounds like your clock is missing half of the day image

Honestly, even as a non-military American, I've always used a 24-hr clock on my computer.  Now, I'm just so used to it that I can't imagine anything else.
  • Reply 135 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post

Suite yourself :) Why bother posting that, in a place were everyone's talking about moving to iOS 7.. Weird , Mr. Dino :D

• Reply 136 of 247
    It says it downloaded for my 5 (after several tries, still can't get it on my mini), but when I try to install I get: "Software Update Unavailable." Anyone know what that is about?
  • Reply 137 of 247

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A redesigned Photos app that introduces Moments ...

Yet more complexity.  Events, Albums, and now Moments.

Apple, please just pick two of those and go with that.  Three is too many.

• Reply 138 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

Almost done downloading!!!

Update: LOL Apparently everyone is downloading now and Apple's servers are getting hit hard. Downloading has slow to a crawl.

Update 2: "Update Failed!" image Starting over.

Update 3: Woohoo! Failed again. LOL Thank god I'm patient.

Final Update: Downloaded, installed and running.

Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Good luck everyone... I'm off to explore!

I'm guessing iOS 7 will be the largest OS upgrade in history - what do you think, 100+ million people trying to upgrade right now!? LOL With iOS 7 going as far back as the iPhone 4, that's potentially 550-600 million devices.

If they'd made the update available in each region early, this would not have happened. I'd have been happy to do the download at 5:00am this morning.

• Reply 139 of 247

My iP5 has been stuck on the install screen for about 30-35 mins with the install bar half way....any suggestions or similar experiences with advice???

• Reply 140 of 247
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Wonder if the number of people downloading it now exceeds the number Superbowl viewers.

I don't know, but it already exceeds the number of Android users who have been able to upgrade their OS. :smokey: