Apple releases redesigned iOS 7 for iPhone & iPad with Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, more

Comments

• Reply 141 of 247
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post

I always enjoy the install/preorder threads.

We're all doing the same thing. Looking at our phone/comp, staring at a unitless progress bar, thinking, "Did it move forward? No. A moment ago it was about to strike even with the edge of the apple, but it's still there... unless... unless... why don't I have a protractor, clearly my eyes are drawing that line at 89 degrees... surely there was progress. Only now it looks like it went backwards. So I'm certain my eyes can't draw a perpendicular line. If I draw a line from the ambient light sensor, to the left edge of the home button, the point at which that line strikes the progress bar is displaced no more than two mm from the progress indicator. If it is any less than 2 mm I know that it has progressed, and certainly if it passes the point of intersection I will know that there was progress, I'll just know it. Oh, big jump there. My geometry was unneeded. Now, though, if I draw a line from the right edge of the speaker to the right edge of the home button..."

...at least, I hope everyone else is doing this.

My update is that my download is finished, it has rebooted, and the progress bar is now even with the point of intersection between the progress bar and a line that passes through the upper right corner of the screen that is tangent to the left edge of the home button. image

Hey, were you just watching me!

• Reply 142 of 247

anyone not get the control center when swiping from bottom up?

• Reply 143 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

OK,  finally installing.  Is it my imagination, or did the installation bar click from the old "thicker" one to the new thinner one, more in line with iOS7?

LOL.....huge difference. 

• Reply 144 of 247
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    philboogie wrote: »
    I always downloaded from within iTunes.app while cable-connected. But now doing it OTA this is the first time I see the wheels in the Settings icon spinning.

Oh Apple, you think of everything.

iPad: 15 minutes remaining.
    iPhone: 69 hours remaining.

They are cute aren't they?

Don't get your finger caught in the cog wheels!
  • Reply 145 of 247

Been going an hour, currently at 9 hours remaining.  Then 8.  No, 9 again.

• Reply 146 of 247
    iaeen wrote: »
    Sounds like your clock is missing half of the day ;)

I sleep during those hours. I don't care what o'clock it is.
  • Reply 147 of 247
    Just became available for me (3:05pm EST)! Downloading now... I hope.
  • Reply 148 of 247
    massconn72 wrote: »
    Not doing it. I am perfectly happy with 6.1.3. Plus I don't have enough space left to put it in anyway. And I am NOT taking out any music music only to find out that there are all sorts of bugs, and I can't go back. Not going to happen. 

Put all your music in iCloud with iTunes Match and remove off the iPhone. I did that for all my devices as I had over 60 gigs. Works perfectly.
  • Reply 149 of 247

Can someone who succesfully updated to iOS 7 from iOS 6 or older please send me in personal message 

Model : iPhone 5

Version : 7.0 (11A465)

example

• Reply 150 of 247

Just updated. first impressions is that UI, new animations and app load times seems sluggish on my 64Gb 4S 

• Reply 151 of 247
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Good morning, everyone.

You're all looking considerably more pastelly than before...
  • Reply 152 of 247
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member

Download took about 90 minutes, now it is verifying update.  It damn well better verify!!!  Crap now it is saying update is not available and to try later. verifying again.....

• Reply 153 of 247
    From 13hrs down to 8!! Progress!!
  • Reply 154 of 247
    My iP5 has been stuck on the install screen for about 30-35 mins with the install bar half way....any suggestions or similar experiences with advice???

You can quit and start over it picks up where it left off. I did that about five times, even on the verification let alone the download. But now done.
  • Reply 155 of 247
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mauidano1 View Post

Working here.  Been fumbling around trying to figure out how to quit apps though, the way going to the active apps on the bottom, pressing an icon and clicking the x used to do.    RTFM time.   :  )

Kind of liking it, but bummed that it still takes 20 actions to delete a contact.

• Reply 156 of 247
    saarek wrote: »
    Man, went from 23 mins to 3 hours! I don't know why Apple waits until 10AM US time.

Simply start releasing at midnight for each country, no problems that way

Then everyone would just change their timezone to Tokyo in the settings and get the update almost a whole day early, no?
  • Reply 157 of 247
    mauidano1 wrote: »

If it gets in your way can be toggled off in apps by going to settings. Some apps it is a real pain. Personally I'd like the ability to deselect by app rather than globally. To access if not on in apps remember you can exit an app and use it the desk top page by double clicking the home button.
  • Reply 158 of 247
    simtub wrote: »
    Just updated. first impressions is that UI, new animations and app load times seems sluggish on my 64Gb 4S 

It's very fast on my 4s. Maybe check spotlight in settings (you can try limiting what is indexed), it maybe reindexing and speed up when done. I also off loaded all music to iCloud with iTunes match so far less for Spotlight to deal with.
  • Reply 159 of 247

Failure number 1: Error downloading (@100%). error # 403

Failure 2: Error Downloading around 30%. error 9006

Failure 3: Error Downloading around 50%. error 9006

hmmm... Maybe I should just wait... Or maybe I shouldn't...

• Reply 160 of 247

Can someone who succesfully updated to iOS 7 from iOS 6 or older please send me in personal message 

Model : iPhone 5

Version : 7.0 (11A465)

example

Comeone guys :D