Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c now available in the U.S. Online Apple Store

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62
    xaoxao Posts: 30member
    Done!! 32g Space Gray

Available to ship: 1 - 3 business days
    Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 2

Right afterwards I went to gazelle and I am actually getting $15 more than what I just spent, even after taxes. LOVE gazelle. Not sure if it's allowed or not, but if you are thinking of doing the same, if you use this link it throws a few bucks my way too. http://gazelle.extole.com/a/clk/1J7HQM. Moderators, if this isn't allowed, just edit this out.

I have to say, this is the FIRST time the store has not died under the load! Very impressed Apple, I think your data center buildouts are finally paying off.

I ordered through the apple app, but right afterwards went to the iMac and tried the website, all extremely responsive with no delays.

Happy fingerprinting!!! Now off to bed.
  • Reply 42 of 62
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    took about two minutes to order my 5s with delivery from the 30th-2nd. the downtown san francisco apple store is just a couple blocks away so i decided to take a walk by, just for grins. the store windows are covered for the makeover. the line is almost one block long; i'm sure it'll be much longer come sunrise. no woz.
  • Reply 43 of 62
    Ordered 2 iPhone 5s from ATT online at 3:19 am EDT. Took 40 minutes due to volume. 3 to 7 days ship.
  • Reply 44 of 62
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

An hour and half after go-time and in general only the gold models are constrained (in the US).  Almost all of the gold size/carrier combinations are showing "October" as availability whereas if you're ok with silver or grey, almost all combinations are at "1-3 business days" with a few at "7-10 business days."

I wonder if they had equal numbers of all three colors available (I doubt it), since gold "sold out" almost instantly.  It's the new color so that makes some sense, but I suspect they also had fewer available.

• Reply 45 of 62
    I got an
    Still offline @ 12:01 AM Pacific time.

I mistakenly ordered an unlocked T-Mobile 5s gold....

I'm on AT&T contract.

Can anyone tell if this tmobile unlocked 5s will work with my AT&T account by switching SIM cards?

Or should I cancel the order ?

I still have a year contract left so IDE prefer to buy it outright.
  • Reply 46 of 62

It is 6am EST.  The online site showing October.   Is it early October or late October ?  Really frustrated.  Last year it showed 2 wks or something like that.   Wondering if those rumors of "big inventory issue" is true.   I am worried about it.

Apple can't afford to have supply chain problem again this year for 5s.

• Reply 47 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RamSay View Post

It is 6am EST.  The online site showing October.   Is it early October or late October ?  Really frustrated.  Last year it showed 2 wks or something like that.   Wondering if those rumors of "big inventory issue" is true.   I am worried about it.

Apple can't afford to have supply chain problem again this year for 5s.

I'm not sure why you waited until 6am this morning if you wanted to get a Gold phone (I assume you want that because you said available in Oct). You had to know they were going to sell out very fast. 

They probably don't know...which is why it says October. Bottom line is its back in inventory when its back in. People will still buy it and they will probably sell out again. There are supply issues, as what happens every single year. Its nothing new. It will happen next year and the year after that. 

Not sure why they can't afford to have supply issues again. This is happened every single time Apple releases a new phone. The fact that it sold out so quickly isn't exactly a bad thing. Its better than the other way around where people aren't buying the phone. 
  • Reply 48 of 62
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    sflocal wrote: »
    AAPL will drop on news it took an entire 5 minutes to sell out of the new iPhones.  Analysts predicted 3.5 minutes.  /s

Quickly remove that /s. Corruption on Apple's stock has gone loopers.
  • Reply 49 of 62
    Ordered 32GB White AT&T. Just got in from work. Shower, Cereal and Bed.

When's your next novel coming out?
  • Reply 50 of 62
    You guys are all going 64. Crazy cats.
  • Reply 51 of 62

Ordered the gray 5s at 5am est says mine delivers sept 26 - sept 30

• Reply 52 of 62

Why I am concerned about the supply chain is because I also own apple stock.

• Reply 54 of 62

"Everybody I asked was there to buy the iPhone 5S."

• Reply 55 of 62
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Definitely the lowest stock I've seen in release day yet at 3rd party stores. Both Best buys only got 10 black for each carrier. One Walmart got none, the other got two black for sprint. Yes- two. And target- for both stores- the dumb 3rd party vendor hasn't even showed up to deliver product. On wait list, we'll see. :)
  • Reply 56 of 62
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Who cares it is only a cell phone. Big deal.

• Reply 57 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

You do, obviously.

• Reply 58 of 62
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Who cares it is only a healthcare plan. Big deal.

• Reply 59 of 62

Ordered at about 3:05am...  Got a 64Gb Gold 5s for the wife and a 64Gb Slate 5s for myself...  Both with a 9/30-10/2 delivery date....

We will see.....

I really hope that the 3.5" screen is not too small for me (Use to 5" screen)... Bad eyes...

• Reply 60 of 62
    sranger wrote: »
    Ordered at about 3:05am...  Got a 64Gb Gold 5s for the wife and a 64Gb Slate 5s for myself...  Both with a 9/30-10/2 delivery date....

We will see.....

I really hope that the 3.5" screen is not too small for me (Use to 5" screen)... Bad eyes...
    Shouldn't be a problem as the 5s screen is 4 inches.