How and where to trade in your old iPhone for the most cash or store credit

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    philboogie wrote: »
    For that replacement phone? Yeah, that's what the article states...

It's not really a replacement phone. That would denote that something was wrong with the first phone it thus needed replacement.
  • Reply 22 of 44

If anyone has a 32 or 64GB 4S (GSM) or 5 to sell, let me know.

• Reply 23 of 44
    My iPhone 4s 32G, White, Sprint - only a small amount of scuffing on the top metal... I was offered $169 for it from Apple.

It was better then what I was seeing the equivalent ending for on eBay.
  • Reply 24 of 44
    Sold my 16GB AT&T iPhone 4s to GameStop for $300 in store credit. Obviously only good if you're a gamer.
  • Reply 25 of 44
    I traded my iPhone 5 32GB in for HK$3800 today - in Hong Kong of course.
    That's US$490

For your reference
  • Reply 26 of 44
    Nextworth has a coupon code if you search for it for an additional 10% cash. I got $231 for my 4s 16gb.
  • Reply 27 of 44
    There are several trade in sites online that have pretty competitive prices you just have to put in the time and look around. I used exchangeit just because it offered the most money. I enjoyed that it was convenient not leaving my home and way better then what local places offered me. I didn't really feel comfortable selling to people on craigslist and didn't really have the want to sell on ebay. I love the trade in mail service..I didn't have to meet anyone or leave my house and got paid as soon as my phone arrived. Pretty nice for a busy mom with little time to spare in the day.
  • Reply 28 of 44

Hey TMCAPS I checked out www.exchangit.us. Compared some prices and they offered more, going to be using them in the near future. Thanks for the post. 

• Reply 29 of 44

8-)

• Reply 30 of 44
    I sent two iPhones into Gazelle back in early August and got paid 5 weeks later.. Way too long, but at least I got my payment. The best site I have used so far is www.PeakFlip.com they should be in this article, sent my husbands iPhone 5 out to them and had my PayPal payment the same day peakflip received it. Highly suggest you sell with them, great customer service too
  • Reply 31 of 44
    I sent two iPhones into Gazelle back in early August and got paid 5 weeks later.. Way too long, but at least I got my payment. The best site I have used so far is they should be in this article, sent my husbands iPhone 5 out to them and had my PayPal payment the same day peakflip received it. Highly suggest you sell with them, great customer service too

I've never understood the posts people make with a "great customer service too" line, without taking the time as to inform everyone why.

But ok, I look at their website, and it seems these kind people rely on some html tech that my cleanly installed Safari doesn't work with; I cannot get past the 'select phone model'. Maybe because I don't have Flash installed, but that was never a requirement for basic browsing.

So, thanks for the ad, welcome to the forum, and no thanks peak flip.
  • Reply 32 of 44
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,404moderator

Apparently 'she' also sent two iPhones to Totem and again got paid 5 weeks later:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/20/how-to-sell-iphone_n_3957791.html

That girl just can't get the service from anything except peak flip. You'd think they'd pick a better name than peak flip if they're going to spam it around everywhere.
  • Reply 33 of 44
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Marvin wrote: »

Apparently 'she' also sent two iPhones to Totem and again got paid 5 weeks later:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/20/how-to-sell-iphone_n_3957791.html

That girl just can't get the service from anything except peak flip. You'd think they'd pick a better name than peak flip if they're going to spam it around everywhere.

That is pathetic! And incredible that you find these things, props to you sir.

And a down vote on Julie.
  • Reply 34 of 44
    true convenience is what to considered. those sites online are very helpful even tho you less of the value you would get on craigslist or ebay but i sure didnt have to waste my time on craigslist anymore dealing direct with ppl. i easily sold my iphone 4s at www.zadsell.com without the hassle
  • Reply 35 of 44
    There are other places that pay much more. Gazelle isn't the top payer actually compared with DeviceFlip, or http://sellbrokeniphone.co etc...
  • Reply 36 of 44
    The author should have mentioned UpgradeSwap.

They pay usually within 30 minutes and they pay you first, THEN you ship. That's what I'm talking about.

They're the highest paying website too.
  • Reply 37 of 44
    I have sold my stuff on www.AmericanBuyBack.com a few times, and they paid me more than any of the other sites I could find on here, and they were really nice. Paypal'd me the same day the tracking number said it was delivered. Just FYI
  • Reply 38 of 44

I have sold my stuff on www.AmericanBuyBack.com a few times, and they paid me more than any of the other sites I could find, and they were really nice. Paypal'd me the same day the tracking number said it was delivered. Just FYI

• Reply 39 of 44
    I sold my phone few months back at http://www.karoucell.com/. They pay the amount higher than any other company offering the same service. I think karoucell is the best place for selling your used electronics for maximum cash.
  • Reply 40 of 44
    Warning from CNET: iPhone "Restore" does not delete personal data!

Then no matter where and how much selling your iPhone, you should erase all personal data. watch this video: