Review: Sony's Cyber-shot QX10 wireless camera lens for iPhone [u]

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    gtr wrote: »
    Considering how much these 'highly paid executives' are costing their companies it makes you wonder how their companies can continue to afford keeping such unprofitable advice, doesn't it?

Easy, cut the workforce.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    It may not be that much better than the camera on the iPhone 5s, but not everybody has one of those. If you're stuck with a 4 or a 4s, this would be a marked improvement at a reasonable price. Granted, you could get a full traditional point & shoot camera that's comparable for $100 - $150, but it wouldn't be as easy to get your pictures on the iPhone, a huge benefit if you like to share your pictures on-line immediately. That's a relatively limited market, to be sure, but I can think of good uses for this camera.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    what a rip-off.
    The world around us is in HD; so why the hell would you buy this crap!
  • Reply 44 of 45
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

what a rip-off.

The world around us is in HD; so why the hell would you buy this crap!

Sorry, Im confused by what you said.

The QX10 records HD video & HD equivalent resolution in photos is about 2 megapixels.

This thing does much more than 2MP.

• Reply 45 of 45
    To me, the LEAST useful way to use this is attached to a phone. The flexibility is the disconnection. Imagine table-top or macro photography connected to a remote iPad. Or stick it on the end of a monopod and hold up above a crowd. Attach it to your rear view mirror. Put it it a waterproof bag for rain or underwater shots.

Had one one order but cancelled it for now, will wait for next version or see what other vendors will do. I've been waiting for this concept for a while, glad Sony made some really nice first versions, they didn't compromise optics or sensor. Even optical stabilization!

But the next versions need to fix the connection speed and distance. And give us a completely open API and connection (one that can even be shared with multiple devices). Would love to see Apple's take on this, but would probably buy the first good one I see with Android embedded.