From first-gen iPhone to 5s, all eight models put to speed test

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akqies View Post

You're misinterpreting the point of these tests. They are not done so thy can put on a spec sheet or to disparage Android users or anything else like that.

It's merely to show how the different HW and OS versions differ. I was surprised, and therefor found it interesting, that some of the results was opposite of what I would have assumed.

It was very interesting that they all iOS7 devices took the longest and shut down at the exact same time (4s, 5, 5c, 5s)

• Reply 22 of 31
    This isn't a fair test because all the phones except the 5C and 5S are not running their native OS version. It's well known that upgrading to the last supported version of the OS slows the device down.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Anyone else notice that boot screen background color matches the iPhone face color. Black face w/black background or white face with white background. Talk about attention to detail. Never had white faced iDevice before so I did know it was different.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    bdkennedy1 wrote: »
    This isn't a fair test because all the phones except the 5C and 5S are not running their native OS version. It's well known that upgrading to the last supported version of the OS slows the device down.

I think it's quite fair that each device is running the latest possible OS>
  • Reply 25 of 31
    snova wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that boot screen background color matches the iPhone face color. Black face w/black background or white face with white background. Talk about attention to detail. Never had white faced iDevice before so I did know it was different.
    That's new on iOS 7. I first noticed it after I installed iOS 7 on my black iPad mini and my white iphone 5 and they were restarting.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    urbanverb wrote: »

..and let's NOT forget that the iPhone 5 really is the iPhone 6!
    You could call it the 7 too (obviously 5C is before 5S in pre release and hardware).

I saw this video and it was eat seeing each generation side by side, and it proved what I thought that the 5S is not worth for any 5 owners(unless you love cameras or fingerprint data).
  • Reply 27 of 31

...the earlier generations of iPhone - 2G, 3G, and 3GS, all running iOS 6...

The original iPhone has not been updated since iOS 3.1.3.

Huh? That first statement is just appallingly written.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    _rick_v_ wrote: »
    Are you going to use that as a comparison with your Android friend, "yeah, my phone will totally smoke yours in shutting down!"

Wouldn't be surprised if shutdown time is being contested among Android users.
  • Reply 29 of 31

You think $600 is good, I have like 4 of those original iPhones that im keeping for re-sale in 20 years as vintage models for a huge profit possibly :D

Have you also seen the iPhone 5S Gold that recently sold for $10,100 on eBay?  People are crazy...  What else can I say?

(source: http://vaultfeed.com/gold-apple-iphone-5s-sells-for-1200-10000-on-ebay/)

• Reply 30 of 31
    snova wrote: »

Didn't notice that. I have a Black iPhone 5 and a White iPad Mini. Time to try it out!

I wonder what the boot screen background for the Gold/ Champagne 5s is? Pity I need to wait for a few months before I can see it - whenever it is launched in India.

And some of you ungrateful twerps complain waiting till mid-October!!
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Man, I wish I could afford a first gen iPhone to add to my collection. But everyone is asking alot for one in excellent working condition with box and everything inside. I have all of them now except the first gen, 4S (I skipped over that upgrade to wait for the 5) and the 5C (cause I just bought the 5S instead.)

I'm lucky enough to have all the iPhones till the 5. Whenever the 5s and the 5c release here, I'll have them - one for my better (?) half and the other for me!