Apple to patch more bugs with release of iOS 7.0.3 next week - report

Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    sky kingsky king Posts: 189member
    IOS7 is, itself, a bug. It added a little functionality (good). It made each app/screen more difficult to see (Awful). It removed all the visual things that had been building (under Steve Jobs leadership) since the first iPhone (Terrible). And Spotlight no longer digs as deep into any one record as it used to (Terrible).

Basically, IOS7 was an attempt by one man, Jony Ive, to impose his bland perspective of a gray and white world, on a previously wonderful product. If Steve were alive he would:
    1. Give us a "classic" view as a choice.
    2. Fire Jony Ive.

What a total disaster. change for the sake of change to support the arrogance of one man who finally got his chance to make his footprint in the sand of Apple.

Remember the disaster that happened the last time Apple went without Steve? Here it comes again.
  • Reply 42 of 64
    sky kingsky king Posts: 189member

You are right.  I find it both odd and irritating.  Along with a lot of other things that do not work very well in an IOS that we did not need.

• Reply 43 of 64

I'm pretty certain that Apple has decided it does not want comments about IOS7.  If it did there would be a place for it in apple.com/feedback.  As it is all we can do is give feedback on pretty much anything EXCEPT iOS7.

Anyone else irritated about that?

• Reply 44 of 64
    remereme Posts: 74member

I agree with so many of the comments here, IOS was pretty darn great.  I love the core new IOS 7 features except for this horribly bland look.  They seem to only rate the success of IOS7 by the number of people upgrading to it.  Except for the few folks around this forum who seem to defend this release like it was their own bastard child, most folks I'm talking to in the wild have little good to say.

I was with one of my company's VP's today and she was lamenting as to why she upgraded.  She uses the clock app all the time when traveling and now finds it almost unusable, can't see it.

On conf call, I received multiple calls from others, the reject button was present for the first call but gone for subsequent calls!

I initially loved the finger scanner, still do, except when I did a bunch of work around the house this weekend.  I had to wash hands a lot, my prints changed enough that NONE of the 5 different fingers from two hands would work any longer.  I had to re-train with my "new" prints.  This is understandable, the reader was flawless all week with my "office hands" but has trouble with worker hands which are abused with harsh cleaners etc.

This brought up a second problem, there is no way to extend the locking window, it always locks immediately with standby.  When print scan fails, the suggested strong password is a real pain to enter over and over, especially with the terrible looking keyboard and its tiny buttons.  So I went back to a simple password as the scanner is intermittent until my hands get over the weekends abuse and that keypad is quick and easy to use.

So ya, Jony is a GIFTED hardware guy, but please get a GIFTED Graphic Artist to dazzle us with a beautiful and Usable GUI.  The iPhone is so much a part of my working and private life, it needs to be awesome, it needs an update.

• Reply 45 of 64

Hope they fix a bug introduced with the last update - now when playing music, if I turn my phone horizontal it no longer displays the flowing or scrolling cover art. It now displays one random artist only.

• Reply 46 of 64

I can only tell people to go to Apple feedback and tell them directly what you are seeing and feeling!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

• Reply 47 of 64
    adamcadamc Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Start here. An outgoing iMessage text shouldn't sit in a queue with no timeout and no straight-forward way to restart the process.

I didn't know there is a queue for iMessage and there certainly is a wau to restart the delivery process.

I know you don't use the iPhone so didn't know what is happening in iPhone land.

• Reply 48 of 64
    lkrupp wrote: »
    Not seeing any of this. Why do you think Apple needs to deal with your personal issues that hardly anyone else sees? Try troubleshooting your hosed updated instead.

Will you must be lucky.

As most people I know in the uk have a few problems.
    In anycase apple are aware of it so I think it is big enough issue , and not just for myself lol

Such a selfish answer to my post!
    I was just being honest,
  • Reply 49 of 64
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

No it is not. You can only turn off the silly parallax background thing on the home screen (where the icons appear to move above the background image). There is no way to turn off the zooming animations.

My question is when is Apple going to finish the interface design and release THAT update. This design is so horrendous. Looks like a wireframe drawing. But hey, at least you can see through the Safari toolbar now. That's what iOS has been missing all along. FINALLY I can just barely see through my toolbars. It's about time.

Also so happy that buttons and labels finally look exactly the same so there's no way to know what's what. And also no way to know the size of any buttons since the entire interface is now just Helvetica (such a hideous font for an OS) floating in space. I always said iOS was way to intuitive and easy to use. I mean, 3 year olds used to be able to use iOS. What a disaster. You don't want 3 years old use iPads.

I interpeted "Reduce Motion" as applying more widely given the explanation on the screen of :" Reduce the motion of the user interface, including the parallax effect of icons and alerts" "including" but then not limited to that alone.

Also "reduce" or "controllable" are not synonymous with "turn off".

• Reply 50 of 64
    So far I HATE IOS7!!!!!! My wife and I lost FaceTime functionality, She lost all her ringtones which never happened before with previous updates. Suddenly the device is swipe happy and too easy to swipe away what I'm working on, the font isn't easy to read for an older person. I also had to resize my wallpaper after the install. My deleted voicemail messages sometimes comes back. What happened to testing a product before releasing it. Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs. This truly is the buggiest update ever. I want my FaceTime back!!!:devil:
  • Reply 51 of 64
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by AppleJim View Post

She lost all her ringtones which never happened before with previous updates.

Should have backed up.

the font isn't easy to read for an older person.

Settings/General/Accessibility/Bold

What happened to testing a product before releasing it.

Enough nonsense.

• Reply 52 of 64
    What the what? Tallest Skil you Clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Everything is always backed up in iCloud and in laptop. Ringtones were set to a particular contact but with update to IOS7, it is no longer. The font in the new apps icons are hard to read and you can't change that, like under reminders and calendar. And if you check the iphone FaceTime forum, many customers lost FaceTime functionality. We shouldn't have to reinstall everything or repatch everything with each new update. We didn't have a problem with iOS 4,5,6 updates.
  • Reply 53 of 64

Everything is always backed up in iCloud and in laptop.

Apparently not… 

The font in the new apps icons are hard to read and you can't change that, like under reminders and calendar.

Did you try:no:

• Reply 54 of 64
    dilliodillio Posts: 106member
    Should have backed up.

Settings/General/Accessibility/Bold

Enough nonsense.

You are an
    Idiot, TallestSkill. I don't say this to people very often. You are.
  • Reply 55 of 64
    Originally Posted by dillio View Post

You are an Idiot, TallestSkill. I don't say this to people very often. You are.

Shame I’m not then, huh. Tell me, where am I even so much as wrong, much less an idiot?

• Reply 56 of 64

Wow, thanks tallest skil, that fixed everything!   Not.  Talk about subtle improvements, I tried reduce motion just for kicks, and it was almost undetectable what it did.  I'm talking to more folks daily in my travels and this is not a slam dunk, everyone's happy upgrade, yourself excluded of course.  Just looking forward to future updates!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

• Reply 57 of 64
    Seriously!!, Tallest Skil you post useless, unhelpful information. That's not readable, maybe on a iPad but we're talking about an IPhone for 63 year old eyes. The font still looks the same, you can't change it either. :lol:
  • Reply 58 of 64

Seriously!!, Tallest Skil you post useless, unhelpful information. That's not readable, maybe on a iPad but we're talking about an IPhone for 63 year old eyes. The font still looks the same, you can't change it either Mr. Short on Skil. image

Thanks for the insults. I proved you were lying. That’s all that matters. Enjoy moving those goalposts.

• Reply 59 of 64
    dilliodillio Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for the insults. I proved you were lying. That’s all that matters. Enjoy moving those goalposts.

No, almost each one of your posts on this site are condescending and insulting. That's why you get called an idiot, because you regard most other people idiots. 

• Reply 60 of 64
    Originally Posted by dillio View Post

No, almost each one of your posts on this site are condescending and insulting.

Don’t post lies. There’s not really anything else to be said here. Why should we be nice to people who are purposely lying? I’d love an answer to that question.